Thoughts on this

Thoughts on this

Attached: 41212441214.jpg (730x389, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theblockcrypto.com/2018/12/24/brave-browser-is-collecting-donations-on-your-behalf-did-you-know/
twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076160882873380870?s=19
warosu.org/g/thread/S68967956#p68974558
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bullshit that has ties to a new cryptocurrency that only showed up when brave did. if you use it, you're probably part of the botnet or using your cpu/gpu to mine

what is the world coming to, when everything is trying to monetize on your ass.

Wrong

I like it. Chrome wastes a lot of RAM on tracking and ads which doesn't benefit the user.

Also ships with TOR built in.

Sketchy as fuck, the only red flag missing is obvious ties to China

Ah yes, ads which benefit the user. This must be a false flag post because nobody could be so brainwashed.

okay trump jr, go to bed.

Bloated. Firefox with addons blows its adblocker and privacy features away. That said it is cool that it comes with an adblocker enabled by default. Unironically the best browser on iOS where Firefox doesn’t have addon support. The cryptocurrency is a joke and it puts the integrity of the devs into question.

Not an argument, try again. BAT is literally part of the browser, if you think it's not using you to mine, you're retarded.

Why is the token a joke?

There is no mining it's an ERC20 token ...

Cryptos are not all mined/mineable, retard.

Good on android but trash on pc

desperate shills that post these things day after day. Your software is shit and has ulterior motives.

sketchy

theblockcrypto.com/2018/12/24/brave-browser-is-collecting-donations-on-your-behalf-did-you-know/

This browser blocks ads much better than Chrome with extensions. Also the New Tab images they use are great. Much better on PC than on iPhone

The mobile version is good because it's the only one that enables youtube videos to play in the background as far as I know.

best for mobile, shit on PC

Comically wrong

Thread updating is still broken in the latest beta release. Inexcusable since it breaks a bunch of scripts on other sites as well.

Tipping on Twitter soon

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-31 15-19-37.png (604x333, 21K)

>Your software is shit and has ulterior motives.
>everyone on Jow Forums knows that BAT is and has always been opt-in
>still shitpost about it every chance you get anyway
Feel free to confirm your CPU or GPU is used for mining in this instance.

i use it on my phone, it's okay

lmao

twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076160882873380870?s=19

it literally only exists to shill their shitcoin

Poinless when GNU/Icecat exists

>200 posts of Twitter drama
Yeah, can't wait to read it all and good thing it confirms that your CPU or GPU is used for mining BAT.

Well, Iridium, Inox and Ungoogled-chromium exist as well, but take months to be updated and don't compile on Linux half of the time. Iridium is still on v70.

Eich is ok. Better than the SJW at anti-meritocracy FF, who give all their donations to diversity programs

the daily sponsored post again

It's made by a bunch of scammers.

Attached: 1545437069927.png (622x1715, 275K)

Who gives a flying fuck. Everything is botnet these days. It's fast and smooth.

If it loads my chinese cartoons .5 seconds faster I'm all for it.

>Who gives a flying fuck
Adults.

>who gives a flying fuck about botnet
>just don't care man, chill
>on Jow Forums, in a thread about a privacy oriented browser

I liked it...up until they decided to go full chromium. Shit user interface, and a fucking download blocker. The last part is even funnier, because you can completely circumnavigate it by simply changing the extension of the download.

>malaria
why do these people always want to help africans?

They believe that it signals to other NPCs that they are 'virtuous', i.e it is 'virtue signalling'.

Attached: 061.jpg (500x500, 34K)

It's an ICO, just search for "Basic Attention Token" on YouTube. It doesn't mine or anything like that.

Of these three, which would you recommend? I'm trying out Iridium right now on my laptop, but I need something to upgrade the browser on my main rig to because I've been running that silly bastard on a stupid old version of firefox (v28), and too much shit breaks or flat out doesn't render now.

ungooged chromium feels way smoother than anything else I've tried, would recommend

Those are only options along with Brave. See which one works and compiles on your machine. Windows builds are particularly known for being outdated.

I dont mind if its a few months outdated. Its better than the nearly 5 year old browser I've been using.

Srsly, so much shit is breaking with that version of firefox its not even funny anymore. The current version of firefox has gone full retard, Baseline Chrome is botnet, and I never really liked the other "mainline" browsers.

And while I'm on that line of thought, is there any chromium equivalent to the old Down-them-all extension Firefox had?

anybody?

It's shit.

Fingerprint protection doesn't work at all. Your Canvas, screen size, plugins (as of Chromium), time zone, WebGL fingerprint (as of Chromium), OS/Platform are revealed and the user agent isn't spoofed.

Tor tabs lack any additional anti-fingerprint methods, making them completely useless as your privacy is trivial to breach. You can be effortlessly uniquely identified and tracked.

The Brave adblocker is trash compared to uBlock Origin. The performance is difference is massive if you enable any additional block lists in Brave's blocker. Which you have to because Brave's adblocker is not only inefficient, but also lacks a ton of filters by default and a lot of ads will still be displayed. uBlock Origin blocks domains instead of just hiding ads, plus it has a script blocker and an element picker.

(((PIA))) partnership.
Has (had?) proprietary addons.
Google is the default search engine.

Chromium build has a terrible UI (especially settings UI) and is missing gestures like long press on new tab to choose to open a private/tor tab.

Attached: brave.png (1900x1322, 91K)

4th best Chromium theme

This pasta again...
warosu.org/g/thread/S68967956#p68974558