Is there a desktop equivalent of NewPipe?

Private YouTube browsing is a gift

Attached: catgirldancing.gif (300x385, 3.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us
invidio.us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hooktube

>Neither 1080p nor privacy
Truly the worst of all worlds. Typical freetard shit.

Freetube

youtube-dl doesn't have this problem

run it in an android emulator.

I didnt need 1080p in 2000 and i dont need it now

it also doesn't have a solution because it's a downloader and not a browser

it was good before they got sued by google and had to kill everything that made it worth using

What did they get sued for? If it's not legal to make sites that use YouTube APIs, then why do those APIs even exists?

gentoo

The YouTube API TOS forbids you from doing various things with the API, including:
>replicating any "YouTube application"
>automatically modifying content in any way
>downloading videos or music
>playing music separate from the video
And so on.

That said I'm not sure what the fuck they could be sued over. CFAA violation? Hopefully the other guy posts a citation.

What is the YouTube API even there for, then? Can't be just embedding Videos into your app. There's no reason to give access to playlists and suggestions and all.

Also, why are there so many YouTube apps around, then?

youtube-viewer works pretty good

How does newpipe/SkyTube get away with it?
Hooktube used to deliver videos separate from YouTube (they downloaded yt vids and hosted them themselves), allowed a custom playback rate, allowed download of video and music, played videos that were country and age restricted or otherwise blocked from view outside of YouTube. Newpipe does ALL this except re-hosting videos and yet google isn't fighting against it

Unlike with HookTube, going after the author of NewPipe isn't going to make it stop working.

private windows of browser

I remember you I think I recognise that filename

Mpv? Youtube-dl?

What exactly does newpipe do for you that you want to replicate on the desktop?

Private / incognito window. Every site doesn't need its own app on desktop.

They don't use the API, instead just parsing the website so google's API ToS doesn't mean shit

invidio.us

PC is genuinely abandonware at this point, all cool new applications are smartphone exclusive. Also check out Videoder, it can browse and download from fucking everywhere, you can even fully use your youtube account with it - subscriptions, comments, etc. Sadly it's not foss.

Attached: Screenshot_20190102-000641.png (1080x1920, 218K)

They pretend to be a browser as much as necessary to get the video and/or audio

>PC is genuinely abandonware at this point
>Shows a screenshot full of exploitative and manipulative software, the worst the mobile platform has to offer
Are you serious?

youtube-viewer with mpv.

>Shows a screenshot full of exploitative and manipulative software, the worst the mobile platform has to offer
The fuck are you talking about. It's a screenshot of Videoder.

>It's a screenshot of Videoder.
And the garbage apps it can do shit with, don't pretend to be retarded.

>a site is an app
One of us is clearly retarded. Hint: it's not me.

>>a site is an app
Said noone.

youtube-viewer

Said you in these posts.

Keep ignoring the things I say.

When you start saying things instead of bullshit nonsense I'll be sure to ignore them if that's what you want.

Okay. You said that PCs are obsolete because there is no good software. I pointed out that your own screenshot shows the garbage software that people use on it.
Then you went of for me because I don't made a clear distinction between "Instagram the website" and "Instagram the app", which missed everything I said in it's entirety.

Stop replying if you have nothing to say.

Oh, so you were attacking the strawman all this time.

The straw man that "PC is genuinely abandonware at this point, all cool new applications are smartphone exclusive."?

this screenshot is painful. how can someone have this much pure garbage?

This gif makes me so angry and I don't know why

Is it because it's not a webm

Attached: 1487402978308.gif (225x324, 3.36M)

The strawman of attacking all those sites(which people use on PC too, so this by definition couldn't be my point) instead of the actual software I mentioned.
No different from any web browser except it gives you the ability to download music and videos from all those websites. There's a separate UI for youtube though. Or you can avoid the UI entirely by pressing "share" from whatever app you prefer using.

God I wish that were me

>The strawman of attacking all those sites(which people use on PC too, so this by definition couldn't be my point)
So, you didn't get the point...

Your next post is going to be "I merely pretended to have a point".

What prevents devs from using the APIs and not giving a shit about the ToS? You have github equivalent on the dark web. Not even the NSA can stop you.

>Your next post is going to be "I merely pretended to have a point".
No, my next post is me giving up on you because it gets incredibly tiring to talk to a person who is doing nothing but dodging.

What the fuck? This is unironically based.

op is a retard that has garbage taste in girl

it still is a whole lot faster than bloattube

>idiot not being able to read a man page

YouTube dl was made to be able to stream. If you are on Linux and have mpv and youtubedl installed just dragdrop a link into mpv and see what happens you brainless idiot

Same every time I see it. I have no idea why either. Weird shit.

rss reader. you can export supscriptions into rss format

newpipe's gonna die... right?

Attached: nrhj2rz4qu911.jpg (804x802, 85K)

Attached: ae2.png (500x294, 12K)

your own bitterness can't stand seeing somebody so happy for no good reason

[spoiler]talking from experience[/spoiler]

nice spoilertag, newfag

[spoiler]4chanX tells when I am on a board without spoilers, but I use them nonetheless [/spoiler]

ah; but the crossboarder was merely jesting! he really got ya there;

invidio.us/

mps-youtube?

Browse with Hooktube, Invidious or youtube-viewer, watch with youtube-dl+mpv.

It's literally a drawing designed to appear 'happy' and cute you mongoloid

It probably makes me angry because I know there's some lonely sucker who gets off to it

me

>how dare people be find happiness in things
you're the lonely sucker, exept you're also bitter because you cant get off anything

this:

Holy shit this is amazing. Thanks user.