Looking for a smartphone without

any google apps running on it. I simply want a smartphone that takes my privacy serious and that lets me stay in control of my (meta)data. Is anything like this even availible nowadays? I had taken an interest in blackberry phones, but it turns out even Dtek is just window dressing... the phone itself is still filled with non-removable google crap.

Why hasn't anyone developed a stand-alone, non-google android smartphone that doesn't collect any data, but makes revenue with a subscription based model? I'm willing to pay 100 euro's per year for this.

Anyway, should i just go for a "dumbphone" or are there any alternatives for this google android crap?

Attached: 13243675786990.jpg (800x533, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/apple-data-collection-stored-request/
replicant.us/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)#/media/File:Prism_slide_5.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why hasn't anyone developed a stand-alone, non-google android smartphone that doesn't collect any data
Is this bait?

yeah well... i hate IOS too. Just a different company violating my privacy really.

the phone on the left. is it real?

Does Sailfish collect data?

Have you tried using lineagos, aosp, or aokp?

wondering the same thing OP

i want to install lineageOS with microG in my redmi note 4 but downloading apps from fdroid is a fucking minefield

can't believe there's no real open source mobile os yet

OP here, so yeah, i'm in the same boat really. LineageOS is not an option because of what you allready said basically.

My turning point was about two weeks ago, when my niece told me she started to receive all sorts of pregnancy advertizements... before she knew she was pregnant. That fucking thing KNEW she was pregnant before she knew it herself. It boggles the mind how people how people can just shrug this stuff off without seeing the dangerous implications of it all.

I've been looking for a no-data smartphone but it seems it just doesn't exist.

About to throw that thing in the trash and just go dumb-phone again.

So you guys want a google-less Android phone, but with Google apps?
Install open source Roms, and buy apps from a different app store. You don't have to just use fdroid. It's like everything you want exists, and has existed, but you guys are ignoring them.
Inb4 someone shills some shit.

>It's like everything you want exists, and has existed
but you can't even mention one viable alternative

Attached: 1545856238602.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

get a landline

>landline
>mobile

this is why we urgently need an age filter

>but you can't even mention one viable alternative
Did you miss the suggestion where you could rom an Android device with an open source Android build, and use different app markets?

What's wrong with fdroid?

ok, mention one open source android rom that doesn't harvest your data

and an alternative app store that's not full of unsafe apps

Man I love watching the despair of Android users.

>What Android phone doesn't violate my privacy
>What android phone gets regular updates?
>How do I uninstall the Facebook app that came preinstalled on my Android phone?

Just end the suffering and buy an iPhone

Attached: 1541608313556.png (684x529, 134K)

this faggot thinks apple doesn't harvest all your data

hahahahaha
aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahha

itoddlers are just embarrasing

>ok, mention one open source android rom that doesn't harvest your data
Mention them again, you mean?
>and an alternative app store that's not full of unsafe apps
So you want me to answer something that you could use a search engine for?

More like Google, Facebook, Microsoft and the rest have trained the Apple-hater crowd to expect to be fucked over and violated regularly. They literally can't fathom what it's like for a tech company like Apple to make money through direct relationships with customers rather than violating the privacy of their users.

zdnet.com/article/apple-data-collection-stored-request/

>Apple took a little over a week to send me all the data it's collected on me, amounting to almost two dozen Excel spreadsheets at just 5MB in total -- roughly the equivalent of a high-quality photo snapped on my iPhone.

Learn what internet cookies are.

Get a flip phone.
Or make a raspberry pi phone.

Now install aokp, and request them to send you all the data that they collected from you.

Why the hell are you defending one of the pioneers of data harvesting? Shill much?

They don't make good feature phones anymore either.
I have a phone from 2007 that is better than everything on the market today and it really hurts to see this level of incompetence.
No good hardware manufactureres and no good programmers.
Should we just nuke them a few more times so they will stop fucking around and do their job?
Clearly, paying them more money won't solve the issue.

Why do you need a new phone? See if you can get a Nokia that takes a Sim and swap in a new battery.

But honestly, if you want this level of locked down, make a pi-phone.

Great ad.
What are the privacy options like on iOS if you don't want to use apples services?
Like if you install a different sms client, nextcloud for backup and your own DAV for contact/calendar sync?
Is this possible or do they fight you?
On Android (ungoogled), this is very easy and works really well.

The software is outdated honestly.
The mail client doesn't have tls support, the calendar doesn't have DAV support and the SD card is not a standard one and it only holds 30 songs or so.
I just wanted to have emails on my phone and a slightly better camera.
Didn't realize I traded it in for an unusable interface in every application and an abomination to hold in my hand and pocket.
I miss the Sony Ericsson days where good phones and good software were made.

>Implying it is actually easy to remove Google from a regular Android phone

You can disable iMessage but there's still only one SMS client. Other messenger apps are available.
You can disable iCloud backup, along with other Apple services. You won't be able to backup the phone though.
You can use a different service for calendar/contacts. You don't have to use Apple services.

>phone
>privacy

You can't have both

LineageOS my man.

The only other thing I can say is download a custom ROM for android and flash it to an unlocked phone. I gave up awhile ago trying to make my phone secure, now I just use OPEN VPN and pi-hole to prevent alot of tracking.

But yeah, find a ROM you like.

A phone by definition is compromised by the ISP. They are geolocalized devices no matter the company, if you want to make calls
Still, thanks to the GDPR, you can just disable everything in terms of software exploting your info for advertisement, but you will still receive ads (only neutral) and the localization service will still work (although crippled)
Chink non-google phones also include a localization service, and things like microg are the same shit on a different wrap

>what is a custom rom

>ctrl + f Librem 5
>no results
What's wrong with you people? I thought for sure this was gonna be a Librem 5 shill thread.

you can backup to a computer running itunes.

Stallman approved
replicant.us/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)#/media/File:Prism_slide_5.jpg

>I want a smartphone that can't do anything online because by being online I sacrifice my privacy and I understand that I can't actively use any online services without that sacrifice so I created this thread just to rant and rave and bitch, whine, and moan about the fact that I'm an idiot that doesn't understand reality better than I would like to be able to admit to

FTFY

Yes yes... because granting access to all of your contacts, your microphone, your camera, your locations, your routes, your emails, your history, etc, etc is absolutely neccesary to make use of some app every once in a while.

have you even stopped to concider the big picture and what threath this poses to society in general? What happens when ALL of your democratically elected officials are by definition ALL open to blackmail and pressure?

Does it hurt to have such a small brain?

Look faggot, all you are going to use this phone for is so that you can walk around in public scrolling through Jow Forums like a fucking retard. Why don't you just throw your current phone in the bin and go do something productive. There's your fucking privacy you worthless kid.

>and just go dumb-phone again.
You don't even need a dumb-phone. Just get a landline, an alarm clock, and a point and shoot camera.

Yes, because somebody who's trying to get pregant isn't googling pregnancy related terms or looking up stuff to buy for baby

What are you scared of?

not an argument

librem 5

Seconding this.

The fucking world you are helping to create with such apathy and permissiveness.

Remember, those companies that you trust all of your data with have allready exposed themselves to be partisan within the political domain. If you can't see the writing on the wall, you're a legit retard bro.

>does closed source meme OS collect data?

>$600 phone with 2012 mid-range specs

He mentioned multiple things previously. It's like you have no reading comprehension...

Please fuck off with this privacy shit
you're not some special faggot who needs to stay off the grid
use a normal phone or neck yourself honestly

You can't use sailfish os DUMBASS

>we live in a society
Ted 2.0 confirmed, please don't blow my mail up.

Purism Librem 5
Linux based
Non google os
Can encrypt files for you
It's the only one i know of.
Plebbit also said lineageos and sailboat.

buy a huawei, unlock bootloader for $10. baseband chip is the only non-NSA chip and nobody has been able to find backdoors on it to date (qualcomm exynos are NSA friends)

the final step might well be purism librem 5 phone, but non botnet performance will be better on huawei

trump murica has tried ass hard to spread hoax about huawei spying but FAILED, germany said no to ban, world minus 4 ass countries dont give a fuck

>Have you tried using Android

Why would they need to spread hoax about Huawei? Are you schizophrenic?