Be me

> Be me.
> Live in Oregon.
> Blaze it crazy.
> Get job offer as developer.
> Accept offer.
> Informed of pre-employment drug screening after 2 weeks of interviewing.
> Recruiter gives extra week after asking if I smoke weed.
> Still gonna fail, cause 2 weeks ain't enough tiger.
> Lab actually detects synthetic urine (confirmed).
> Don't give enough of a fuck to find clean piss.
> Class b misdemeanor to fake drug test in Oregon.

Not even mad. This was a cold call, so it's not like I'm looking for a job. Tech companies, kill yourselves if you think testing for marijuana is a good idea. I'm only mad about you wasting my fucking time.

Attached: 2optpsuedo.png (764x587, 81K)

Also, is my psuedo for 2opt correct?

What was the point of this post?

It's obviously about drug testing in the tech industry... and 2opt. Jesus user.

>being a weed addled degenerate

But on a serious note, that is bullshit and none of the employers business.

Very good idea to tests for drugs. As a business I would only want to hire people who have their lifes under control.

Yea, fair enough, I totally get the DTs if I don't get my weed fix every day. I vomit, get cold sweats and can barely function. I guess I should move on to booze.

>Tech companies, kill yourselves
Braindead fucking drug addict.

degenerate

>I would only want to hire people who have their lifes under control
You're going to get shitty developers then

Good employees are loyal employees. Everything else will take care of itself with time. I can hire lecturers, make meetings, etc. I want my employees to be above all predictable.
10x programmers don't exist and I want none of that.

>Smokling weed
ISHIGGYDIGGY

Anyways, I see that you break out of the first for loop but not the second one, thus not doing one improvement per iteration of the while loop. But then, it is possible to have multiple improvements through the rest of the first for loops. Are you sure this is correct behavior?

Secondly, your are doing 2opt-swap on only S, and not on A.

Enjoy your schizophrenia and lung cancer

You're right, that second if should probably be outside of the second for loop's scope.

weed isn't even that enjoyable

Should've declined on principle. I don't smoke but I wouldn't piss in a cup for some company. So many job options.

Principle of trust > principle of egoism

Yeah, this may be the stance I take going forward. It's sort of odd to be asked if I smoke weed, then be given an extra week to "study for my test" because I do. I guess that's corporate America for you.

The guy literally read you like an open book and had mercy on you. You thrashed it and it's all your fault.

There's no shortage of job offers for devs. Can't make people do stupid dances for employment unless you want to put yourself at a disadvantage in hiring.

Yeah it's retarded

>no shortage of job offers for devs
Sure just go ahead and fit in with like minded cattle. Leave normal jobs for normal people.

It's Oregon man. Keeping in mind it's legal here, it's probably hard to find someone who doesn't smoke weed, so I'm pretty sure the poor bastard has to deal with this for every person he attempts to recruit.

So he should just quit and let addicts in?

> Weed
> Addicts

Wat

What? I'll take the job that doesn't monitor my digestive system.

Just to point it out: the half life on basically all of the actually addictive substances are like 2-3 days. You aren't going to catch hard drug users with a whiz quiz, unless they have a huge fucking problem. But then... those who do are not going to get through the white board portion of an interview.

Hair tests can detect up to something like 90 days.

Not OP. I'd agree with you that weed doesn't seem that addictive as I've smoked on several occasions and at times pretty much all day every day for a week or two on end. I don't really get along with the stuff but some of my friends seem to be pretty hooked on it.

Yeah, addicts. I don't want to run an office where people have something other than the job on their mind. I like when my colleagues talk about the projects on the way to the parking lot, not sit at the chair dreaming of being home.
It takes me two minutes to peer into an interviewee's soul and see what he's made of. I have a serious of pedantic questions I ask. Drug tests are a formality, so that that one retart eventually gets caught (as OP did).

>propose legislation to require drug testing to enroll and re-enroll in colleges every semester
>weed users suddenly start saying that we can't do this to them and they can't stop smoking
It was hilarious.

Hopefully it will pass.

You're a complete moron.
/me cracks a beer

Thanks for your time and commitment to the company, your parole officer will come pick you up.

Hair tests are expensive and are rarely done

You should probably investigate what actually defines a physically addictive substance.

They're required to renew your driver's license here for professional drivers.

I need no lessons on this topic. I told you, 9-5 is job time and job time only.

I work in an office like that. I don't do any drugs. If they asked me to piss in a cup would quit anyway.

Feels bad that weed stays in your system for ~3 weeks when coke and most other drugs go through your system in a matter of days

You clearly do, and a series of lessons on the English language, seriously. You aren't inebriated now by any chance, are you user?

You're suffering from brainrot. Enjoy your misdemeanor.

> I like when my colleagues talk about the projects on the way to the parking lot, not sit at the chair dreaming of being home.
These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Mental health issues only arise in those that are susceptible to it anyways, and edibles/vaping exists

OP here. Personally, I'm just going to take an at home piss test 2 days before the actual. If it's still hot, I'll tell the recruiter so, and let him decide if what he wants to do. No skin off my back.

I don't, and I won't. Enjoy being unable to start a business.

Very few decent companies in tech drug test. Find a better employer.

Just eat craisins

>Enjoy being unable to start a business.
Infantile addict thinks he and people like him are irreplaceable. Every time, man.

>Yeah, addicts.
I really hope you don't every ingest caffeine, then.

As a business I would only want to hire people who know that lives is the plural of life.

10x programmers do exist (Not in terms of lines of code produced but in quality) and I would rather have a few of them than your army of pajeets. Enjoy your over budget, delayed projects and missed deadlines I guess.

Is this you?

Attached: supercut-3-office-space-1092286-TwoByOne.jpg (1200x675, 103K)

Weed testing is another HR filter for jobs that don't deal with dangerous machinery and the like.

Congratulations OP, you got yourself dumbass filtered.

Then why didn't the recruiter rescind the offer when it was made clear OP smoked the ganja?

>thinks only addicts are unwilling to piss in a cup for the amusement of their eemployers
lol

I don't, I get 8 hours of sleep. Cardio in the morning and weights at lunchtime. Perfect hormonal balance.
The only time 10x programmers' existence is caught, it's in startups where you have to impress your boss who has to impress his moneylenders. At most, those are twice-lit candles who will stay at your company for no more than one or two years and leave behind a mess only they understand.
Google, Microsoft, Apple. These companies depend on long-term professionals. People carefully chosen to complement each other instead of competing and making a game out of the job.
This is me. Every other manager I work with looks the same. We believe in controlling the masses and I'm the only one who tries to understand the human aspect.

Attached: patrick-bateman-american-psycho-taylan-soyturk.jpg (636x900, 124K)

blaze one the day of the test and take it with this.

Attached: index.jpg (203x248, 12K)

If OP actually has valuable competitive skills he could tell the recruiter to go fuck themselves.

Most people in burgerland don't have rare in demand skills, so piss in a cup they must.

You misspelled 'pseudo' twice and your code is pajeet-tier. Maybe you'll get better if you smoke more.

Attached: spiderman, look at him and laugh.jpg (442x330, 17K)

So glad Colorado basically stopped testing due to the fact that they cannot fill positions. They can find qualify candidates, but talking to recruiters 100% of people test positive.

My work rules are basically 'don't show up'

man america sounds fucking bizarre, I'm so fucking happy I can smoke weed sometimes when I hang out with my friends and my wife in the evenings or in the weekends and still be able to enjoy my work, which lasts for 8 hours and doesn't actually extend into my personal life.

wow where do you work man. europe i bet

Op here. I'm sincerely btfo.

Netherlands yeah

LOL fucking board.

"don't show up high and we don't care"

If they know you're an alcoholic, there is a good chance they won't hire you. The only reason they don't test for alcoholics is because there is no test for alcoholism.

(inb4 you say it; a breathalyzer or blood test only tells them if you've drunk recently, if you've gone a few hours even a hardcore alcoholic will test negative.)

>I don't want to run an office where people have something other than the job on their mind.
So you don't let women into the building either?

I do. It's just that some people's job is to wear nice clothes to fit in with the decor, and keep quiet. Most importantly, greet any and all photographers and newspeople, perhaps also sit down and write some crap in a terminal.

You're going to have the men who work for you thinking about fucking those women instead of thinking about their job. That's just a biological fact. The only way to prevent it is to not allow women in. That's why monastic monks typically segregated themselves from society completely.

like the more I think about it its fucking bizarre how fucked your country is, apparently my wife has a friend from the US who is on disability due to debilitating chronic pain and apparently they drug test her in order for her to keep getting disability, even though weed has a pretty good chance of actually helping her deal with her issues.

what a fucking backwards country holy shit

Honestly I'm an American and this is the first I've heard of tech companies drug testing anybody.

Marijuana has not been shown to increase the risk of lung cancer except in very frequent users. Even then, it's not a very high risk. Tobacco is usually really bad because there are a lot of carcinogenic compounds added to them for flavor and desirable burning characteristics - things that weed don't have in them.

If she wants to get high she should buy the drug herself. Unlike her, I actually have to work for a living and pay taxes, why should my money go to funding that lazy cunt getting high? Fuck that shit.

First of all, your assumption is empirically false, the office operates at higher than expected capacity. Second of all, the presence of women naturally stimulates and keeps their bodies producing testosterone, at least during morning work hours.
Don't take my word for it, China is doing it already. Lord knows interns spend twice as much time in the toilets as juniors and seniors - jacking off presumably. It's fine, they're young.
As long as they keep the engine steaming.
>pretty good chance
Not good enough. Medical marijuana exists. If she wants it, she'll have to get it.

The inhalation of combustion byproducts from ANY source is not healthy, that's just common sense. Weed smoke contains soot just like any other smoke.

People who aren't complete morons either vape their weed or consume edibles.

>>First of all, your assumption is empirically false, the office operates at higher than expected capacity.
Then it is your assumption that's wrong, not mine.

You assume that having employees think about anything other than work reduces productivity. That is not true though.

I mean apparently the drug testing industry in the US is a million dollar industry? Like people are making a lot of money out of testing people for drugs, its clearly not just people who are doing super mission critical stuff. I find it absolutely crazy that you can literally be doing your job just fine and then get fired because you smoked a bowl or a joint a week ago...

Did you read my post though? Its not even a matter of insurance paying for it or someone else paying for it, I'm saying if she smoked weed that she bought herself she would lose disability.

Or do concentrates, dabs contain almost no tar.

>Smoking weed
DUDE

Why should my labor be used to fund her carefree lazy weed smoking lifestyle? She should get a fucking job, there is plenty of work out there for the "disabled".

>dude weed lmao
>can't put down the whacky tobaccy long enough to secure a meaningful job
at least your priorities are straight champ.

I don't give a shit. My skills are in demand and I am a valuable asset to any company.

You ask me to pee in a cup, I tell you to fuck off and go somewhere else.

>if she smoked weed that she bought herself she would lose disability.
Fine by me. You're not entitled to anything if you sit in bed all day *and* do drugs.
Tell me your qualifications.
>super mission critical stuff
Cringed right there. Don't underestimate programming.

It's stupid that a harmless chemical can brand you as unhirable. It's not like ANY other chemical stays in your system longer than 72 hours except weed. I've worked with meth heads before, and man, I would take the stoner anyday

That and the CIA can't seem to get decent coders because they all test positive =)

I mean yeah ok but at this point you're kinda just making a general statement about disabled people which I'm not going to argue you because you're the kind of absolutely moronic american who enacted this bizarre drug testing stuff in the first place.

>Cringed right there. Don't underestimate programming.

I mean I'm a developer but like, you can literally just be like, a plumber or work at a warehouse filling trucks and lose your job because you smoked weed.

>Tell me your qualifications.
I'm not looking for a new position right now, sorry :^)

>:^)
into the trash it goes

good, i hope you remain unemployable
druggies are even worse than pajeets to be work with

Funding the disabled to sit around on their asses is one thing. Funding the disabled to sit around on their asses smoking weed is another. That is a bridge too far, and if they demand it we should take back all that we've given them already just to punish their audacity.

Who gives a fuck what you think? You aren't important, you're a Jow Forums shitposter.

No way, that's a dank ass meme from several years ago. OG confirmed.

I don't want a plumber cracking my pipes because he couldn't gague his strength or a truck driver just sitting there thinking about the size of the warehouse and existentialism.

I shitpost and coincidentally earn $280k after tax in washington dc. Okay.

says the Jow Forums poster

Nobody asked the CIA nigger.

wanting a worker to be judged by the quality of his or her work (as in, what the real outcomes are) is an entirely different matter than judging the worker based on your imagination.

>Washington DC
Into the trash it goes. Not interested, sorry. You'll have to get someone else to piss in your cup.

Must be irony, both have happened in my life. Quality of work is no merit, it's just expected it's always at 100%. You are judged for your chance of and depth of failure. Addicts are a liability.
Okay, wave at the 12 equally qualified people in the waiting room on your way out.

Living in the city is carcinogenic, too. I still prefer lighting it up. vaping seems too much like a sissy hype and consumables aren't as fun cause you have less controll over the dose.

You're being a bit hyperbolic but I do agree with you. Like all great pleasures it does have its downfalls. Weed can become the center of someones life if you're not carefull.

>Because X is legal it should be legal when you're driving.
Alcohol is legal yet you're not allowed to have any in your blood when you drive. Same with weed. Yes, you can just test someones blood to see if they're high. americans should just fire those who are high ON their job.

>Okay, wave at the 12 equally qualified people in the waiting room on your way out.
>he still thinks i want his glownigger job
Imagine thinking that working in DC is some sort of positive when positions in far less shitty cities pay just as well lmao

>are high ON their job.
Sure, I'm just taking a step and firing them in advance. I'm not hiring him just to pay the premium of liability.