A friend of mine makes fun of me because i have windows 8.1. wtf. should i upgrade to 10? inb4 freetard gentoos

a friend of mine makes fun of me because i have windows 8.1. wtf. should i upgrade to 10? inb4 freetard gentoos

Attached: windows-8.1-pro-professional-cd-key_1.jpg (440x627, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

classicshell.net
github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu
github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's really no difference.

your friend is a literal retard. 8.1 masterrace

8.1 is just 8 but with its retarded tablet mechanics dimmed down 2% and put out of the way. It's still Windows 8. People like to pretend it's not, but it is. 10 is more like 7 but more modern. The only downside to 10 is that it isn't as good as 8 was for tablet devices in terms of flow/usage, but technology and feature wise, nothing beats 10.

Your friend is not looking out for your best interests, 8.1 is the best windows there is
He probably wants you to suffer with him, that asshole

If 8.1 works for you then keep using it... Only retards actually *recommend* Windows 10.

While I personally think 10 is far better taking any decision solely because someone made fun of you is absolutely fucking pathetic.

i use 10 because of oculus support

otherwise i'd still be on 7

using 8.1 just seems like some wierd, baseless contrarian option

its not because hes making fun of me but because id like to have to have the better OS

install macOS 10.14 because 14 > 10

literally smartphone ui

Just use Vista like a true patrician

Try any gnu/linux distro, you might like it.

Install classic shell, problem solved. A non shit windows 7.

It's almost like you've never used 8.1 for any period of time

how to do that?

classicshell.net

Attached: b8tj0d6.png (500x353, 64K)

8.1 is much more efficient in the background than 7. It just has a stupid as fuck interface, which can be changed.

Only issue is some new hardware does not support 8.1 so you have to load W7 drivers and bypass a warning or use 10.

10 sucks shit. It does a lot of Apple we know best stuff even aside from its telemetry spying on you.

It also does not get along well with some older games...think they borked the DX9 implementation or something, but I saw a lot issues with this one some people''s computers.

install gentoo :^)

Downgrade to 7 and don't install any updates.

*use classic shell and run an anti-telemetry script*
Had to fix that for you.

Sorry, you spelled "Downgrade to 7 and don't install any updates." wrong.

install ubuntu 18.04 because 18 > 14 > 10

SEBEN
FOREBER

Yes but that would be a very stupid thing to do. W8 improved a lot on the file system and speed of internal windows processes it just had a bad interface.

As for not installing updates that would also by very stupid. It would leave the computer much more vulnerable, sluggish, and generally shit. As oppose to just running a script to block all the garbage spyware updates and keeping the good updates.

So fine I'll drop the jokey pretext. You are giving shit stupid advise because of a hate boner you have for an interface.

You are as stupid as the people that clung to XP when it had only short window where it was good and yet people still harbor a weird love for it and continue to use its ass backward OS even now.

Don't be a grandma. Learn to computer.

metro is pretty good, keeps the desktop clean, and having all programs organized in the metro.

user i use W8.1 since release, and you use metro like 10 times max a day (during 2 seconds each time). Stop being stupid.

IMO the worthy sucessor of W7.

Attached: 1545009782752.png (935x720, 240K)

>don't install any updates

Don't listen to this sperg

forgot to mention, the only retard thing about W8.1 is the second "control panel doppelganger".

Attached: 1544588756483.jpg (899x1284, 138K)

>69162074
spambot

Attached: 2snapshot_07.10.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

I would use windows 8.1, but I upgraded to W10 for free from my pirated W8.1 back in 2016 so I'd rather use a legit copy

I switched back to 8.1 because it works better with my hardware. 10 hijacks the gestures on my trackpad, making three finger swipes switch between windows instead of back/forward.
Also, you can actually manage how updates are delivered; what a fucking concept!
Default apps and file-type associations are also fucked on 10.
I used it for a while, but saw no benefits.
Do what you feel OP. Go fuck your friend, you're obviously both faggots...

Do you or do you not still have those shitty tablet menus, corner buttons, settings/share sidebar, full screen start menu which takes away focus from the desktop environment, etc…

You can change the multi touch swipe behavior in the settings.

github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu

They may have patched whatever my problem was...
My soundcard driver never worked on 10 however.

>just install this shit to make it less like 8 and more like 7 and 10
Thanks for agreeing with me that 8 as a concept was a mistake in general.

don't. classicshell is no longer developed. Use openshell instead.

github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu/releases

Things that can be disabled and completely replaced in a matter of minutes

Now, good luck keeping a different theme after an update on Windows 10. Or using the control panel for everything, or choosing your updates. Classic shell guy gave up because the fuckers kept putting out updates on 10 to a menu that isn't much better, just doesn't take the whole screen (if you tell it to).

8.1 is more stable, doesn't change what doesn't need to be changed. If something worked for you on 8.1 3 years ago it works now and it's still supported so you have no issues trying to tamper with it.

The things you miss with it? Apps. Some Xbone games. directX12, fucking boohoo. You don't even miss out on AMD drivers like everyone says, you can use Windows 7 drivers perfectly fine. And you don't have a shitty fullscreen "optimization" that you have to keep disabling everywhere.

Which is barely in the way as well, control panel is not just there, it's more accessible on 8.1. I forget the shitty settings menu exists in there.

Oh right, that too. The file associations. Want to associate every file type a program can use to it? Can do that with the click of a button on both 7 and 8.1. On 10 you have to do that shit manually, one by one.

Windows 8 user here, 8.1 is shit and only improves tablet usage while fucking over desktop usage compared to Windows 8. The only thing Windows 8 is worse in is that MS dropped support for it even faster than it did for Vista.

Official and true ranking of best Windows versions: Windows 8 > Windows 7 > Windows Vista > Windows 2000 > Absolute shit > Windows XP(Service pack 2/3) > Windows 8.1 > Windows 10 > Windows XP(no Service pack/SP1).

Who cares if it's no longer developed when it works fine? Win8.1 isn't Win10, it doesn't get feature-breaking updates.