CS Masters = how much more money?

yes plz help I am curios

Attached: 1520837795994.gif (434x360, 671K)

Other urls found in this thread:

udallas.edu/cob/academics/ms/cybersecurity/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Degree doesn't matter.
You're in college because you cant get internships or industry experience without nepotism or actively being a college student.
If you don't graduate with a job offer already secured you wasted your time and money.

CS BS Straight to CS MS = lose of job market
Don't make this mistake. Most entry level jobs will ignore your resume if you list a Masters because they don't want to pay for it and places that will are highly competitive.

Get a job with your BS and then go back for your masters or do it over time while working.

Less money actually. You do get more if you go to phd though

Cybersecurity is the big thing now, user. Getting a Master's in it can potentially get you six digits.
udallas.edu/cob/academics/ms/cybersecurity/index.php

Wow I had not considered this. Thank you anons!!! This actually makes a lot of sense.

Unless you have a job lined up and they are cool with you doing your masters while working with them full or part time until your finished I wouldn't do it. You can always come back to do it once you have a few years of experience or do it overnight online or such.

I think BS -> MS straight is bad signal.
You weren't intelligent or motivated enough to go for PHD but also didn't just go to job market, why?
It only makes sense if you need to reinvigorate stagnate career or you're using it to get into country.
Opportunity cost too high otherwise.

Would it even be any harder online? I don't learn anything in class anyway I have to go back and relearn it all alone.

Also are there many traps in this field

Yeah that's true too! Ok I will just finish out the BS

Master's in Information Systems pays better, kid.

Attached: juggling_tacos.jpg (872x960, 70K)

>Also are there many traps in this field
Excuse me?

u know like pretty guys because well I myself am a trap and I am seeking a bf

>If you don't graduate with a job offer already secured you wasted your time and money.
This is beginning to dawn on me now being a 2nd year IT student. All this shit I am learning can be learned from home on youtube. The battle of comfy autism vs being homeless and in a lot of debt is nearing, I have to decide soon.

get medical help

Attached: .jpg (500x375, 92K)

what the fuck

>All this shit I am learning can be learned from home on youtube. The battle of comfy autism vs being homeless and in a lot of debt is nearing, I have to decide soon.

Eh, I wouldn't stress out about it. You've got five semesters with two summer breaks left. You'll be golden if you line up two internships during that time. Even if you were in your last semester of an associates you'd be fine. CS jobs aren't too hard to find; just don't let your degree rot too long. People will ask questions if you take more than a year to find a job.

The important thing is to actually learn something while you are in school. Plenty of people forget that they're paying for an education and that they'll be expected perform once they find paying work. You'll have to actually put in effort your entire career if you want to be a programmer, so you might as well start now when you've got a half dozen PhDs that'll respond to your emails.

The degree definitely opens doors, but you can be shoved back through if you're incompetent. Even that's not so bad though. You'll just end up turning things on and off professionally, which can pay alright and is just as prestigious to the laymen.

from 70k starting to 100k starting with more opportunities for advancement

there's some scholarships, like SFS, that would make it worth the while

Math PhD is $300k starting.

wow i dont have that much money to pay for a Math PhD

Attached: eeb161ed0103676b8657f90a21f519e8.png (451x619, 428K)

I've been thinking of going back for grad school but I'm not sure if online programs are as good for your resume as a degree from a traditional on-campus program, would the difference matter to employers?

>unironically know a math major
>he makes 65k a year
That's a big yikes from me

math major or math phd?

PhD

grim

I have a math BS and I am making 80k/yr. Maybe I should have done the phd...

I make 130k a year in IT. I wouldn't for any less with your meme degree user.

>Math is a meme

lol I'm doing a masters in mathematics. I ended up accidentally getting mostof the requirements for a BS in CS, so I grabbed it anyways... But imagine doing CS. Utter waste.

>CS is such a piece of cake for Mathematicians that they can just fulfill the requirements by sheer accident
top kek

Attached: lmao.jpg (1041x1041, 295K)

>You're in college because you cant get internships or industry experience without nepotism or actively being a college student.

Imagine thinking this unironically.

Master's without experience is not going to do much. At best it'll get you a leg up when hired salary or title wise, but you'll still lag behind getting promoted since you lack industry experience. Better to get a job, go back for a master's when it's convenient and look for new jobs.

newfag