Technology is hard :(

Technology is hard :(

Attached: 20190101_201329.jpg (4032x3024, 3.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FWpZIrLQbO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wha...HOW?

Attached: 1539241799584.jpg (1750x1507, 357K)

>thumbs up for that

You're not the first 13 year old with a torn apart laptop to post their findings on Jow Forums. As a matter of fact, we get at least two kids like you doing the same every single week.

I have overshot my technical capabilities it would seem
lmao
Honestly it was all going pretty well until I got to the screen. I was hoping trying to fix its hinge (yes, all that was just so I could get to the hinge) would be good practice so that I don't fuck up the desktop I'm about to build, but oh well.
mfw

Attached: 1487107860339.png (1008x720, 460K)

>when you're too dumb for legos
Spotted the future mac user.

whats the issue?
just assemble it again

But desktops are so much easier. Laptops are unpleasant clusterfucks.

I have literally never done something like this before in my life
The screen backing is fucked up and I'm too autistic to figure it out. Also the hinge is more broken than I thought, so I might see if a mechanic I know can help me out with that portion.
I think you're right. I'm doing pretty well on my desktop build so far. It's much more lego, I feel like.

Remember half-screw rule.
Manufacturers put additional screws to system which aren't required.

Imagine being so dumb you can't line up screw holes and put screws in them.

I'm definitely that dumb, but that's not my issue. I just wanted to complain and have Jow Forums laugh at me
I've stripped like three of them so far :^) So the redundancy is helpful

i literally have never in my entire life build a computer by hand, and the other night basically disassembled and reassembled my laptop to clean it and make some modifications. it so fucking easy, you literally just take it apart carefully and put it back together. is this bait? like nigger just read a manual like watch youtube

you just need this book

Attached: 1546364263166.jpg (309x493, 58K)

and if you're a tech trap, this one.

Attached: 1546364372664.jpg (246x397, 45K)

you need the service manual before attempting those kinds of things
search the model number on dell. dell and hp have really good service manuals. unlike some other brands.

>you need the service manual before attempting those kinds of things
More like, all you need is a functioning brain that has a working short-term memory center to store the location of the screws and where they should go.

lmao I could put it all back together right now. That's the easy part. The hinge is broken beyond what I can fix with my current tools, and I fucked up the screen in the process of opening it due to the adhesive holding it shut.
The second one is definitely going to be better for my needs
I really appreciate it, but I'm good. I know exactly what I did wrong - it's just a pain.

>The hinge is broken beyond what I can fix with my current tools
Just go to a local PC recycler and ask to dig through their garbage pile for a replacement.
Worst case, weld it back together yourself, or if you're lazy, glue.

Attached: 1532023401694.png (1000x1000, 729K)

It's a 2-in-1 laptop/tablet monstrosity, so the screen needs to be able to rotate nearly 360°. I'm pretty sure the hinges aren't very common, but that's still good advice. It works-ish, but it's titled at an angle, and I got tired of dealing with it. I'll figure something out.

youtube.com/watch?v=FWpZIrLQbO4

if you have a vga port you can just connect a monitor and there is absolutely nothing you will miss even with a broken/disconnected screen.

Update: it's completely fucked. That's it for me, Jow Forums. I'm off to bed. I hate computers. Goodnight.