Windows 10 update breaks FLAC compatibility

mobiili.fi/2019/01/02/windows-10n-paivitys-rikkoi-flac-aanitiedostojen-tuen/

Windows October 2018 was already claimed by Microsoft to be without problems and they started to push it on the people in a form of a nagging screen which recommends update.

However now sound quality connoisseurs have found a problem with October update which was unknown to Microsoft.

For unknown reasons which are a mystery to the Microsofst, the October update breaks FLAC sound file compatibility and they sound really bad, like worse than MP3s.

Microsofts own fileformats work excellently and Microsoft has for a long time hoped that people would use only them.

However as a courtesy Microsoft has been providing support for other formats too.

Attached: critical-process-died.jpg (500x301, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-update-flac-metadata-cut-off/7848e416-f940-4151-819e-49e2bf4654b9?auth=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Original English-language source:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-update-flac-metadata-cut-off/7848e416-f940-4151-819e-49e2bf4654b9?auth=1
>not using third-party tools to rip into and read FLAC

>Yeah, let's roll out windows as a service, regular feature updates are clearly what we've been good at for decades, not minor features that are actually properly vetted!

I hope that windows 10 dies soon, this stupid forced update meme is the worst thing to happen in several editions.

Why the fuck won't they just stop releasing stupid updates and just go with security ones and bugfixes once they got something going

Windows 10 has been in a beta stage since its release, it's a pain in the ass. Even LTSB ain't all that great. Both 7 and 8.1 are 72 times more stable than these absolute pieces of trash.

wincucks BTFO

Attached: 1546383845208.jpg (800x600, 130K)

winTODDLERS BTFO

who even listens flac anymore. 360kb mp3 is all you need on your computer and true music enthusiasts use vinyl players.

Attached: 1546289251102.jpg (245x246, 14K)

Uh? Sounds just the same as on my Debian ThinkPad.

Attached: uhm.png (329x676, 175K)

>"w-who even cares about winshit breaking stuff and crashing all the time!? you don't even need that stuff! j-just use winshit, you don't want that perfectly working and stable OS linuxfags are using!!"

>y-you don't need that anyway
Careful user, that's a very linux mindset you got there.

1 forum in a subhuman language is not proof
Provide me with actual objective evidence in a real language that FLAC sounds worse.
Some "connoisseur" (read: autist) and his subjective opinion after being brainwashed by audiophile placebo is not evidence.

Name of album dude?

When will Windows be ready for desktop use?

>360kbps
>vinyl

>breaks FLAC sound file compatibility and they sound really bad, like worse than MP3s.
What's this supposed to mean?

How? That must only be affecting windows software like wmp and their own codecs, because any third party player will use its own software

>vinyl players
You mean turntables?

Literal fake news. I've been listening to my FLAC collection via foobar since the update and there's zero difference.

>FLAC metadata cut off
Nothing about sound quality in either link, you're a lying linux faggot. (excuse the triple redundancy)

true enthusiasts use wax cylinders. you've been following audiophile memes for too long

>not 50 klik opus that has enough clarity even at that lev

FLAC sucks. The files are so huge you need a 5TB drive just to store one album.

Imagine being so poor that your only argument revolves around your inability to get storage.

Fucking kek, someone shop all the arch "mom cancel my meetings" memes into windows versions because winfags are now all forced into the rolling release meme too.

Attached: l04he.jpg (399x385, 29K)

Not sure if it's related to this, but my windows audio drivers got forcefully downgraded just now. The audio quality dropped drastically.

Attached: 1539275065802.png (1083x1128, 232K)

>FLAC
Placebo

>perfectly working
I was with you until here. Linux is not perfect lol

Windows is actually more unstable than arch.

it could have been mistakenly believed that it was all about FLAC

Are you clinically retarded or are you lobotomized? Serious question.

Good fucking luck with that. Every software company in the universe has made that the standard for about a decade now. It's how you keep customers captive as domesticated beasts. Quality was never a concern, only capitalism.

Was meant in response to:

Thank God my FLACs are fine on Gentoo

Attached: 3cb4a.png (1220x563, 174K)

>Microsofts own fileformats work excellently and Microsoft has for a long time hoped that people would use only them.
Citation needed.

>FLAC
Who?

>using ancient audio codecs

Attached: 1540730942085.png (644x800, 14K)

>Using codes

>update resets your sound settings
>reeeee everything sounds worse
Yeah no shit.

when will they fix this?

are you seriously this stupid or just some poo in loo pajeet shilling for micro$oft in a korean basket knitting bbs

Attached: 1438879145495.gif (200x200, 72K)