Did you notice a significant increase in your computer's speed when you upgraded from a SATA cable SSD to pic related?

did you notice a significant increase in your computer's speed when you upgraded from a SATA cable SSD to pic related?

Attached: 812kAfA5rDL._SX425_.jpg (425x283, 13K)

840 pro SATA -> 960 pro NVME

nope.

didn't notice a difference after upgrading from a 7.2k hdd to 970 evo

Attached: 1546260402885.png (1440x1080, 1.73M)

No. Don't buy it for the OS.

Wait, for real.. no?

I heard spinning disk to solid state is the only remarkable difference.

Nope. Meme and waste of cash. Get a way bigger SATA SSD instead.

nvme doesn't cost more

>nvme doesn't cost more

Attached: 1546011788106.jpg (1600x900, 496K)

bullshit

Attached: 1310483412100.jpg (413x395, 61K)

maybe your windblows shit would benefit from it though

Attached: 926d0a25.jpg (465x391, 27K)

nope. THe sustained write and read speeds after the cache buffer runs out (5-10GB) will be the same as a SATA SSD (~300MB/s)

it's a meme and load times from games are just as slow (because the game and/or Windows 10 only utilize 5% of the SSD when loading the game and loading a save).

Basically, Windows 10 is the problem beacuse horrible I/O performance. Thumbnail generation in File Explorer on NVmeme SSD will only utilize 2% of the SSD and it will take just as long to generate thumbnails than what it takes on a spinning rust hard drive

And since Windows 10 is "the last Windows", nothing will improve

I have even tried a fucking RAMdisk and thumbnail generation was just as slow as mechanical HDD

fuck Windows, fuck Microsoft and FUCK Satya Nadella

Same price for nvme as M.2 from my supplier.

>69168290
>completely made up rant
Pottery and rent-free, and unworthy of a (You). Good on ya, Saitama Nutella.

didn't notice a difference after upgrading from a 4200rpm 1.8 hdd to 970 evo

kys

Didn't notice a difference coming going from a 300 baud modem to a 970 EVO.

wanna stream it ?

God, SSD shills are easier to trigger than freetards.

Attached: 1505706317186.jpg (151x233, 11K)

>bullshit
>lol ur triggered
go back to fortnite zoomer

Yes I noticed that it boots up around 40% faster as well as the OS feeling a bit snappier
of course I upgraded my CPU at the same time so that may also be a cause

Fuck me

mfw I bought a 1TB 970 EVO on Black Friday but can't use it until I build a Zen 2 PC next year

Attached: 1ba8gc89yw721.jpg (564x564, 38K)

just get a sata adapter so you can use it until then

Yes, absolutely. Mac-tier cold-boot speeds on everything I own now, regardless of the OS.

Picked up a Patriot Scorch Nvme 128 GB for €30 and replaced my Toshiba A100 SATA sys drive. Everything feels a bit snappier.

There was a marked improvement in boot and application start times.

I'm 41, skiddy. Keep foaming, though.

>41
>posts shitty fallout memes on a Cantonese basket weaving forum
you need to rethink some shit mate

nvme and m.2 are completely different things retard.

i mean all NVME drives are M.2
so lick my balls

one is a connector and the other is a type of storage
what did you initially mean to say with "same price for nvme as M.2"?
maybe you'll figure it out.

Macbook Pro 15" 2018, custom NVMe storage.

I would never go back to a conventional hard drive except for archival/backup purposes.
Anyone who says there's no difference between a 7200RPM drive and an NVMe drive is either lying or doing something monumentally wrong.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1366x1422, 370K)

Nah, we were just triggering the SSD shills. It works every time, and it's as funny as fuck.

>we
kill yourself

shut up incel freetard

>i mean all NVME drives are M.2

NVMe is an interface, M.2 is a connector.
NVMe doesn't have to use the M.2 connector, it's a PCI-E based interface. It can use a PCI-E slot, or be hardwired into a PCI-E lane directly to the CPU.

Got a good deal on two 500gb of pic related on sale and must say; no not really

Atleast they use less physical space

>Using anything but a WD Blue

It's only meant to have an impact in high intestity tasks, and there it's significant.

or they don't use a bloated to shit os

None. This is not an upgrade it's just an SSD.

Same-same.

Yes, but only under heavy workloads.
Also game loading times (the main thing I play takes 72 seconds now instead of 95) on my storage SSD, since the old one was a cheapo SATA, new one is NVMe.

Attached: 1546421251624.jpg (630x626, 28K)

I have upgraded from a dying 840 Pro to pic related. The difference is insignificant, even though the 840 Pro performed way below specs when I replaced it. If you upgrade from a non-faulty SATA SSD that still reads and writes at around 400-500 MB/s, you won't notice shit.

Attached: 20190102_175624r.jpg (1647x926, 182K)

only in games and when moving big files between other drives or importing huge projects
550MB/s VS 3300MB/s is quite major bump, not even mentioning the IOPS

>browsing Jow Forums past the age of 25
More embarrassing than being a fortnite zoomer

Everyone who was already 18 before they came to this site when it launched are evidently above 25. Everyone who came after 2010 is an eternal summerfag.

nvme overheats and loses your data

are any of you familiar with the experience of setting up a fresh install of an operating system on a SATA SSD and aren't oblivious tards?

As you're installing a bunch of software and moving big files around, performance on a SATA SSD slows to a crawl and you'll start thinking you're on a shitty old harddrive again. It isn't until you have everything set up and then you do the fast bootups into your operating system and launch your webbrowser near instantaneously that you really get to feel the speed.

So, my question to those who know what that's like, what's the "setting everything up" process like on an NVME SSD? Still as slow as setting shit up on a SATA SSD or lightning fast?

>As you're installing a bunch of software and moving big files around, performance on a SATA SSD slows to a crawl and you'll start thinking you're on a shitty old harddrive again.
Never happened on my sata ssds, get proper cpu

You only notice it when doing huge file transfers over and over.

If your recording and editing 4K video and constantly shifting terabytes of data across drives then you notice it.

If you are a casual who wants faster load times on your video games then you save approximately 1-2 seconds on game loading and about 3-4 seconds on the boot time for your OS.

Just by a SATA 2.5inch SSD or a M.2 SATA SSD and stopped being retarded.

The NAND used in NVMe and SATA SSDs is exactly the same these days. Difference is the controller and protocol.

>Just by a SATA 2.5inch SSD or a M.2 SATA SSD and stopped being retarded.
Why though? When all modern boards have M.2 and NVMe SSDs cost the same or even less than equivalent size SATA ones. Even at SATA speeds, an NVMe drive still has the IOPS benefit.

No. I have an ITX build so the form factor is nice at least.

t. brainlet

this

I love this argument so much, it's like you never do anything with the OS. Opening a sufficiently large and complicated project is factors faster on an ssd. Even once the shaders are compiled or something similar it's still faster to load caches parts from an ssd. Although I can't tell much of a difference between nvme and sata ssds, at that point the windows io shit really does kick in and the current project I'm on takes 6-7 hours to duplicate and even crashes deltasync so it has to be done in whole every week.

yeah it did.