In regards to this post last night:

In regards to this post last night:

I uploaded mmc.exe to Virus Total and had 0% malware. It still seems like it's a policy issue to me.

Thoughts?

Attached: file.png (791x706, 1.31M)

gain superuser access or run program in cmd with elevated privileges. google it

gpedit.msc

Publisher: Unknown.
Have you checked digital signature?

That's mmc.exe in System32, right? I've checked all four variations of mmc.exe on my computer, all with the same date modified too...

quit trying to subvert your sysadmin
he's in control and responsible
you, obviously, are not.

I did that but it just suddenly started doing this. I haven't installed anything that I would deem "Dodgy".

So something fucked with microsoft tools which is definitely not good.
Wipe everything and reinstall.

Did you just assume their gender?

Also this thread has a lot of info about it... Yet Michaelsoft locks the thread.

Would you say that it's due to malware cause again, I haven't downloaded anything that's been malicious. Just normal programs like Steam etc.

might sounds like a bizarre fix but you need to re enable all telemetry options in windows 10 and uninstall any privacy related settings. had a similar issue with mystery admin/org on my machine before i fixed it with that.

the real solution is to downgrade to 8.1

Get fucked Bill

All I can say that this is very suspicious. I would not use a system with suddenly compromised mmc.exe myself.
Check what files were changed at the same time your mmc.exe was changed.

>assume
of course not

I presumed based on the fact that IT is full of soggy knee women haters

Click show information about the publisher and post screenshot of that

you should actually try it. i had an issue with settings locked behind "your organization control this settings" and the only fix was to enable bing bar in registry.
windows 10 is like the original pokemon, shit is wired crazy. you enable or disable one thing and suddenly cool trainer gives you a mewtwo

Bear with me

You mean this?

Attached: file.png (363x509, 25K)

Looks ok try doing the below

1. Open Run and type: secpol.msc

2. Click on Local Policies

3. Look for, and right-click User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode

4. Select properties and then Disable

Windows updates will probably fix this as well

Before I do this, I know why this is happening to me now.

A day or so ago, I went into my Services and altered my Cryptographic services from "This account" to "Local System Account" to fix a networking issue.

Anyone know how to fix it from here? If I make a new user account, everything works fine on it... Just not my initially made account that I made this change to.

Attached: file.png (866x45, 19K)

Imagine a professional OS referring to programs as "apps".

Agreed.

OP, you are correct, this is a group policy, it affects local administrator and domain users, it cannot be changed without contacting your admin or logging in as domain admin.

Could it be a permission issue maybe the account the service is now using doesn't have permissions to mmc?

My thoughts exactly bud. I had to change that cryptography option in services to fix my connection to the net. It was a tried and tested fix online by multiple sources and I've only realised that I cannot access Device Manager and a few other things on my computer because of it.

I surmise that it was from me changing this shit, it's had a knock-on effect after I restarted. I also cannot download Winblows Updates.

to test you could give the everyone group access to mmc and see if that fixes it might need a restart after changing the permissions if that fixes it you probably need to change it back to the old user mine uses Network Service

Okay so if I make a new local account on my machine, I can access things by inputting my main account's administrative password.

I went back in, changed the new user account I had to an administrator, and now it's getting the same issues with the main account.

>Publisher: Unknown
Look up what a rootkit is user, you can't trust your computer anymore (which includes "I asked my OS to upload file X to a virus checking website and the file it provided to the site was virus free)"
Just format your drive and reinstall.

I also don't have gpedit,msc on my machine.

Might have something to do with the command "Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage" when I first got my machine.

sudo m- Oh, you're running inferior OS

Shouldn't cause issues with gpedit and msc pretty sure that command is just windows store apps

Woah!

The new CoC is a tool for narcissists to take control of a project and own its success without contributing anything of actual value.

Haha! gottem

Time to do a full reinstall

Fuck it, I think I'm just gonna format.

I'm still pretty confident that this isn't a malware issue and just a group policy issue, but I'm due a fresh start now.

Would you guys recommend LTSC? I've the 2019 version here.

Depends what you want look up LTSC and see if it suits you

why windows?

I've used it before, the 2016 variant LTSB, but I've got the LTSC 2016 here that I'm gonna install. Fresh start for 2019; no homo.

Good question. Too comfy for everything I use it for. I have a dual-boot for Linux that I use sometimes but getting around not having access to all of Winblows software is a drag.

Same, except recently on two (a laptop and netbook) of three of my personal computers I finally went full linux since I use them so infrequently the one time I turn windows on it shits out updates.

They're now mostly thin clients or file servers for my desktop.
Steam In Home Streaming doesn't support Intel's modern VAAPI, which kept me off for a while but then I rediscovered Moonlight.

Have you tried installing gentoo?

Very good

Additionally

Attached: file.png (1200x900, 281K)

actually kill yourself

You first.

How about you both KYS at the same time, while I sit back here and chomp on this fantastic popcorn?

Jow Forums isn't tech support you fucking idiot

all windows users are objectively retarded prove me wrong

>This thread

Attached: backup reformat reinstall.png (250x250, 5K)

see
I hope re**itors will leave this board.

The fact that you are still alive, as we have jobs, feed you, clothe you, medicate you, and scrape the shit off your ass.
So yeah, maybe we are retarded for letting your kind live.

>leddit

Attached: 38d.jpg (400x505, 133K)