Desks of Jow Forums

What kind of desk do you Jow Forumsuys have, what desks do you dig?

Currently have something like the picture, but with a completely closed back.
>huge and heavy desk, takes a shitload of space
>at the same time it doesn't provide enough workspace
>not enough legroom
>because of the closed back it can't be completely pressed against the wall due to the cables running behind
>due to the closed back and side drawers, i need to have my PC on my desk - limiting workspace even further
>don't really need the side drawers, but the central drawer is a blessing

Currently looking for something like this:

>light (under goddamn 200kg like my current desk)
>open back/sides for more legroom and putting the PC next to the desk
>no side drawers, but a central drawer would be awesome
>enough workspace
>might be a corner desk, one of those that have side space (like ikea bekant)

Attached: desk.jpg (699x354, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

output.com/platform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>might be a corner desk, one of those that have side space (like ikea bekant)
that's what i mean, a desk with extra side might also be nice - but i don't really like the ikea bekant + a central drawer would be awesome

Attached: ikea bekant desk.jpg (5000x1108, 1.78M)

I've been looking at the 'Platfom Desk' by output, but the price is just ughh
Aesthetically and function wise (at least for me) - that would be perfect
I'd prefer a closed drawer instead of a keyboard drawer as i just use a Push2 MIDI-Controller and don't have a keyboard - but that's really close to everything i want
well, besides the price of point of fucking 1000euro with shipping

Attached: outputplatform-web-editorial5-E8Rzq_x1Y61B3yk7hLXcYY4n9MzWxSCz.jpg (1000x668, 333K)

any similar desktops to that one, with as slightly lower price tag?

Attached: 1.jpg (1440x760, 203K)

Attached: 2.jpg (1440x760, 162K)

Attached: 3.jpg (1440x760, 305K)

Attached: 4.jpg (1800x1350, 353K)

Attached: 5.jpg (640x640, 80K)

post some nice desks plz

Attached: 6.jpg (1242x813, 177K)

Sauce pls.

Nvm

i just searched for pictures of setups with that desk on google

>output.com/platform

>not designing your own for your specific needs
Are you poor, user?

Attached: custom_desk_concept_to_product.jpg (1657x3676, 739K)

Gott! Das Spielzeug...peinlich, Junge, peinlich.

Sie sind nicht zum spielen da, sie sind rein dekorativ.

>Junge
Wollen wir wetten, dass ich älter bin?

one i got from an office for free
fuck consumer trash, especially ikea
>those toys

Attached: 382c5915d42a97565a58aef80378edb1.jpg (968x968, 647K)

>kek'd at the speakers
>kek'd at the microphone
>kek'd at the headphones
>kek'd at the lightning
>kek'd at the figurines

fuck of dweeb

>t. I'm buying studio equipment to listen to youtube in my dark, lifeless, colorless basement

>studio equipment
>the crap in the picture
pick one

this looks more like the fapstation of a RGB loving dweeb basement dweller, not like studio equipment

So you don't know how greentext works. Got it. Never said it was, newfags.

yeah i forgot to also call you a faggot, faggot

Zwei Sachen: 1. Ich hätte nicht vermutet, daß Du damit spielst - das war gar nicht der Punkt. Es ist nur unbeschreiblich arm und kindisch, sich sowas überhaupt hinzustellen. Mal den Konsumopferfaktor außer Acht gelassen... 2. 38. Du?

Attached: 1417999123001.jpg (559x547, 44K)

1. Wenn ich mich nicht täusche habt ihr eine Redewendung die besagt: "Über Geschmack lässt es sicht nicht streiten." Ich mag die Figuren, sie sehen einfach komisch aus mit diesen riesigen Köpfen auf winzigen Körpern. Sie sind nicht peinlich, sie sind lustig. Es kümmert mich kein Scheiß, dass sie einen schlechten Ruf aufm Internet haben. Solltest du andere Vorschläge für Dekorationen haben, die Vorlieben für gewisse Dinge "besser", reifer darstellen würden, lass mich sie hören.
2. 33

Jungs, jetzt sagt bitte nicht dass ihr nicht miehmt und in eurem Alter noch auf 4chang pfostiert. Seid ihr beide durch Zufall echte Zauberer?

>jetzt sagt bitte nicht...
Wieso nicht? Alle die diese Seite als Erwachsene in 2003 entdeckt haben sollten schon über 30 sein.

>Zauberer?
Nö.

I have a custom made 72 inch tabletop, its 1.5 inches thick and I mounted some ADIL legs from IKEA to it, It's really nice. definitely my best desk so far.

I had intended to fill the 19" racks with computer shit, but the kit I got from work was too fucking loud, so now I think I'll turn them into speaker cabinets, it was originally intended as a DAW /studio desk and be filled with 19" audio gear

Attached: IMG_20181115_093718.jpg (4160x3120, 2.81M)

>Nö.
Ich habe da so meine Zweifel, Justus-Malte.

spying on the hot neighbor i see?

that desk is sweet

He asked for desk, not for autistic BST thread.

I made this, it's a 12 foot solid Walnut worktop on top of Ikea Alex drawers

Attached: IMG_0647.jpg (3456x2304, 3.36M)

>buying the Fallout 76 collector's edition
I kek at your life

I use a $30 folding table from wal-mart as my computer desk

Attached: 51b40c61-1593-4e29-9d83-5c33bc42f6bb_1.add86e437d23db33a7e9bd10552e7b10[1].jpg (450x450, 13K)

Just by recognizing shit you claim is embarrassing you are already embarrassing yourself by admitting possessing knowledge of it. At this point your claim becomes pretty self-defeating.

That doesn't even make any fucking sense. You bought something retarded and your taste is shit. Go fuck yourself.

I just wanted the helmet

my nearest neighbour is a few kilometres away, it's mainly for wildlife

I'm pretty sure these displays are too high.
I am sure they are. Matter of priorities though.

>make a desk my first woodworking project
>turns out not that pretty but at least perfectly functional
Having your very own desk is cool though.

I want to make my own desk, but I find it difficult to find finished wood in the right size. Apparently countertops is a popular option for this.

I made mine from plywood.

Plywood is trash though. Glad you're happy with it.

Plywood is actually stronger than wood. Sure it doesn't look as nice (unless you get furniture grade plywood and cover edges properly which I didn't). From what I've seen it appears to be the most commonly used material for DIY furniture. Did you think about particle board?

Walnut is good, it's expensive though, but super strong and looks really nice treated with Danish oil. It's what I used on mine.

Attached: IMG_0648.jpg (3456x2304, 3.29M)

>Plywood is actually stronger than wood.
Only for panelling, not for desks

birch butcher block and two ikea drawers

Attached: 20181008_004056.jpg (2016x1512, 546K)

cute uwu

That looks great, except for the homosexual Bethesda shrine.

>Bethesda shrine.

kek, funnily enough, I was just moving that around

Attached: IMG_0659.jpg (3456x2304, 3.46M)

>building a desk specifically to display fucking Funkopops of all things

Attached: 1543834292430.jpg (514x424, 58K)

>$550 plus shipping for some flat-packed plywood rectangles
>slapping it with a bit of brown varnish is another $100

Holy shit

>one shelf for funkos
>out of nine
>is an entire desk just for funkos
Uhm... what? Besides, if you're telling me that pic related doesn't look aesthetically pleasing, move to fucking north korea, where you don't have to expose yourself to any sort of ornamentation, not even on the internet.

Attached: 20170505_123317r.jpg (1700x956, 138K)

I'm in an awkward spot because I have the money to drop on a really nice high quality desk, but I only have about 50 inches of length to work with, and most small sized desks aren't particularly high quality or functional.

Attached: 1542841809748.jpg (1280x720, 400K)

Funkopops are the single most hideous fake-nerd bullshit ever devised so nothing involving them can ever be aesthetically pleasing, but we'll set that aside for the moment

Vinyl wrapped particle board riddled with peg holes for shelving is not aesthetically pleasing
Dollar store closet lights are not aesthetically pleasing
Your mood lighting setup is shit
Your attempt at gallery lighting for your miniature collection is shit, simultaneously too dark and too hot so we can't fucking see shit captain
Your cable management is shit
You don't have anywhere near enough books to justify the bookshelving and trying to fill it out with plastic binders looks like shit
Your random chinkshit littering your desk is shit

Fuck we could go on, but it doesn't matter because one look at that fucking Funkopop collection displayed with a sad, misguided pride will give anyone projectile diarrhea from their eyeballs

The concept of ornamentation isn't the problem here, kiddo, it's your complete lack of anything even resembling good taste

>Vinyl wrapped particle board riddled with peg holes for shelving is not aesthetically pleasing
It isn't meant to. It's meant to be modular, so when I reorganize shit on my shelves I can have their height adjusted.
>Dollar store closet lights are not aesthetically pleasing
>Your mood lighting setup is shit
22 dollars a pop and I have eight of them
>Your attempt at gallery lighting for your miniature collection is shit, simultaneously too dark and too hot so we can't fucking see shit captain
I'm truly sorry your shitty chinkpad TN panel doesn't have the range to display my picture correctly.
>Your cable management is shit
My cable management is shit because I do not cable manage the first place.
>You don't have anywhere near enough books to justify the bookshelving
I have over seven bookshelves. You've seen two that make up one half of the normal sized ones. The rest of my books are epub or pdf.
>and trying to fill it out with plastic binders looks like shit
I work from home, I do back-office work for a living, including translation.
>Your random chinkshit littering your desk is shit
Yea, I'm sure buying the $300 dollar brandname version of my $22 chink shit would earn me some pretty cool hipster faggot credit, but I don't see the point, it's a waste of money for the same quality and you'll just find something else to bitch about something else. Case in point above.

Inb4 Luke shares his desk with the cruddy finish

>you're telling me that pic related doesn't look aesthetically pleasing, move to fucking north korea
>it's not aesthetically pleasing
>i-it isn't meant to be! it's modular!

Not even going to bother reading the rest of your post.
Sort yourself the fuck out, m8.

You keep applying what I say about picture B to picture A, just so you can have something to argue about. Don't even pretend you come to this site for anything else than to argue at this point. Gas yourself!

that shape looks really easy to make. you could do it with only a table saw and a hand drill.

I need a 150x75cm board for my desktop.
I'm currently using an Ikea one, but it's garbage, so I want a real wood one.
Which wood should I go that it's hard enough to not sag on the middle if it has 4 legs on the corners?

I literally have IKEA Linnmon/Adils. $25. It's the perfect height for my chair, it's plenty wide and has more than enough top space for all my components. When the top starts to wear out or if I want a new color, keep the legs and replace the top for $20. It's perfect. Downside for most- no storage, but I have a bookcase in arms reach too so no biggie.