/tosg/

/tosg/
Last one died.

Talk about anything TempleOS or Terry Davis here!

The Terry Davis archive got updated with his last emails before his death. They are put there as a look into his mental state on the day of his suicide. The last email he ever sent was to Diana Cowern which read "I purified myself"

>Join our Matrix chatroom! - riot.im/app/#/room/#tosg:matrix.org
>TempleOS download - templeos.org
>Terry Davis / TempleOS archive - archive.org/download/TerryADavis_TempleOS_Archive/

>Latest news

Someone is working on a fork of TempleOS that is built to work on modern machines. Check it out here - github.com/DivineSystems/TempleOS

New content has been added to the Terry Davis archive. Some interesting stuff in there, check it out!

Down the Rabbit Hole did a video on Terry. It was shit.

Attached: ChinaMountain.jpg (898x506, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

templeos.holyc.xyz/Wb/Home/Sup1/Sup1Bin/.
templeos.holyc.xyz/Wb/Home/Sup1/Sup1Words/
templeos.holyc.xyz/Wb/Home/Sup1/Sup1Words/GodDict.html
github.com/DivineSystems/
github.com/minexew/Shrine
github.com/DivineSystems/TempleOS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

our new Riot chat comes complete with a bot I programmed to use Terry's 'God' program

Attached: Riot_dwLhUGKIf2.png (482x662, 42K)

Can you port that program to other languages? I'd love to see a Python script for it, or compile it to regular C so I can play with it on Linux or Windows.

It just uses the bash script that Terry made himself, which you can find here:
templeos.holyc.xyz/Wb/Home/Sup1/Sup1Bin/. It's the one named `gw`

It reads words from /usr/share/dict/words, so if your distro doesn't have it you need to create it or put it in from the internet

templeos.holyc.xyz/Wb/Home/Sup1/Sup1Words/

Wordlists that Terry used / made can be found here

Also here's Terry's HolyC code for God
templeos.holyc.xyz/Wb/Home/Sup1/Sup1Words/GodDict.html

Why was the rabbithole video shit

Missed a lot of crucial details.
Where was Margie? Where was Frasier, who may or may not have existed? The first 30 minutes of the video was just him going over his old Reddit posts and instead could've been going over the good stuff

>/usr/share/dict/words
Holy shit, what the fuck?
Even OSX has this, fug

Forgot pic

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 5.26.38 am.png (86x343, 13K)

most unix-based operating systems have it

I'm just surprised at the number of "Nigger"s it has in it.
Imma troll the fuck out of the apple support forms with this later.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 5.29.04 am.png (101x242, 14K)

I'll keep my eye out for it

God says... piety what's_it_to_you how_about_that doh fun have_fun Russia meek theres_no_place_like_home couldn't_be_better rip_off Trump you're_welcome ouch resume ba_ha sky genius battle failure_is_not_an_option astrophysics smack_some_sense_into_you China hilarious bye I_didn't_see_that be_quiet_bird arrogant chump_change persistence when_hell_freezes_over and_the_award_goes_to

RIP Terry

he's like the thinking mans chris chan

Niggard is very different from nigger

bump

Hey Jow Forums, DivineSystems developer here, what would you also want to see in TempleOS? Obviously no networking, use Shrine for that. Also shrine is shit because no Bible and no dictionary. Currently we are planning on AHCI and lots of documentation.

Are you calling it TempleOS?

when's the next livestream?

Maybe in the future the name will be changed to something different as it will differ too much from the current TempleOS, but for now it's staying.

That's ludicrous.
Terry stated time and again that no new lines are to be added to TempleOS, and all you are doing is adding lines.
Fork it, but don't use the same name.

I hate to sound like a faggot, but please don't use the name. Terry created the temple and I appreciate that you have picked it up to take it further, but please let the name stand as Terry's final digital resting place.

I would like to see lots of documentation for holyC and a way of running it elsewhere. Is this possible?

This man supported racism and bigotry, he has no place on Jow Forums. RMS is /ourguy/

Terry didn't want to add more lines because he didn't want to make it clusterfucked. Now we have no options left, as time goes by more and more computers will not be able to run it.
There will be people who'll just tell me to use a VM, but that's cucked. TempleOS was made for easy hardware access, but running in a VM just limits it to virtual hardware.
Newer computers don't have IDE drives and are not legacy compatible. Can't change that.
The goal is to try to integrate these things while keeping the line count down.

I'll change the name. DivineOS -> DOS. Maybe something else.

You are trying to solve a hardware issue through software.

It's going to be grand, as terry used to say.
We're going to have a lot of documentation, preferably tutorials on how to do stuff, documenting functions, etc.
There's a conception of an easier way to collaborate, RedEdit and TempleVCS. take a look at github.com/DivineSystems/
Extracting /Doc should be easy.

Just keep his mission in mind okay? DivineOS sounds good btw

If it's not TempleOS anymore, than what I do shouldn't matter right? I should be able to integrate fucking USB and GPU drivers, or whatever the hell I want.
Take a look at Shrine. That nigger removed the Bible.
I want to follow Terry's design philosophies though.
Why limit ourselves with old hardware when we can at least try to use newer hardware?
If this is the case, then it's an implication that TempleOS is limited and shouldn't be taken seriously.

All I am saying is if you are adding to it then don't call it TempleOS because it isn't.

>that quote
Holy shit that man was based

Attached: heaven.jpg (514x774, 27K)

Correct. Will do.

For sure. DivineOS it is.

Thank you. I'm very excited for what you do with the software. I'll be watching and cheering for you. I don't know much about HolyC, how can I contribute?

>Re: that pic in the OP
How can anyone call him crazy. Those are some really good ideas.

This. I had no idea he was so far ahead of everyone else. I'm thinking he might be a real prophet.

Attached: 1546056705923.gif (600x400, 892K)

We need documentation for sure. Extracting /Doc and getting the most useful tidbits of information to put in the README is a good start. It will later be moved to its own wiki.

>wiki
Why not include it?

>python

Why does this board remind me of reddit sometimes?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-26 15-34-06.png (1366x768, 520K)

There'll be a seperate website for the wiki, DivineOS will have its own wiki within itself as well.

rump

Does templeos support emacs?

Is it possible to add Internet connectivity,

SynagOgS

For the people who follow the prophet of god and wish to see his legacy of self made operating systems followed.

Fork it, seal it and enshrine the last version terry made. Then find god from there

bump

Networking has already been accomplished by others.
github.com/minexew/Shrine

Terry was legit being stalked by CIA operatives and remote neurally monitored through electrodes implanted at birth

Attached: misc 1127.jpg (322x362, 22K)

>Last one died

Lol yeah he did

>God doesn't talk through CIA niggered programming languages

>Down the Rabbit Hole did a video on Terry. It was shit.

Why was it shit?

It skimmed over a lot of Terry's final days.
Didn't even show his last upload.

So, there is some concrete evidence about his death? Or about the circumstances?

I don't believe it. He must have landed in institution again.

poor terry ;_;

>concrete evidence
No.

>github.com/DivineSystems/TempleOS
I find your lack of AfterEgypt disturbing

Attached: 1517139571218.jpg (640x677, 155K)

>An user commits shitposting

Attached: R E A L L Y P U N I S H.jpg (418x518, 55K)

But where's emacs

The train operator said that his death was definitely suicide. That's really all we have to go on. It makes sense because all of the circumstantial evidence (videos, emails of his last days) point to it being suicide

I am in contact with the owner of DivineSystems, I'll get him on it right away

Good.
To be fair, the most recent versions of templeOS that I found on archive.org didn't have it either... The latest templeos iso I know for sure to ship with AfterEgypt included is V4.13 (the one I personally use).

V4.13 was the most pure version of the system

AfterEgypt was moved to the Supplimental Disks once version 5.X was released.
We're going to put it back in, because seriously, that's like the best thing Terry made. Put the Sup1 Disk into your VM and then pic related.

Attached: afteregypt.png (695x803, 43K)

Just copy the entire Sup1 folder onto your install for now. There's a bunch of nice stuff in there, like the Pilgrim Game and a BMP viewer.

Ah thanks so much!

bump

Huh?

Emacs on templeos

In your ass with stallman's dick