Why is it growing in popularity everywhere if its so bad?

Why is it growing in popularity everywhere if its so bad?

Attached: 5325322525253.png (512x512, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bpaste.net/show/9b1653cd69d5
efukt.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_function_interface
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

non programmers who need to program something simple

It’s not bad it’s just being used by stupid poos and coders xd for more than simple prototyping/scripting. it isn’t really designed for much more than that but every other retard is trying to build enterprise software or some shit with it

>simple prototyping/scripting. it isn’t really designed for much more than that

This meme needs to die

Is a conspiracy to make java pajeets and you mad. And it works.

Cos it's good.

Ironic when its most popular for shit that is not all just a little script.

Why does Python trigger Jow Forums so much?

Because people who use it get paid money.
Wagecucks are not welcome on Jow Forums

You're so wrong

Can you speak English raj?

Thanks to Python and BeautifulSoup, I wrote a parallelized efukt downloader in like 15 minutes.
Before you can even get started with your cute implementation in a "real language", I'm already done downloading every single video on the website.

Get fucked Cnile boomers.

Attached: 1536441576034.jpg (840x1200, 166K)

Then help kill it fag

Simple syntax and the meme of "it's easy" even though dynamic typing makes things harder.

Python is easy and gets work done quickly, like MacOS and Windows.

The rest of the world is doing that just fine

WTF is dynamic typing and how is this such a hindrance?

>can't write INT variableName
>Suddently Jow Forums is lost and throws a tantrum

Attached: 235252523525.jpg (590x393, 103K)

> efukt downloader
my sides.
> what is youtube-dl

because most of Jow Forums are intellectual bankrupts

Listen fucker. Don't come to Jow Forums to get well-informed opinions. Form your own opinions. Use python. See if you like it. Be based. Fuck communism.

Because people are butthurt that things that gave them trouble for years while learning C++ in college can be done so easily and effortlessly in Python.

Things made thanks to Python:
>Google
>YouTube
>Instagram
>Quora
>Spotify
>Dropbox

>hurr it's just for simple prototyping and not designed for more than that

>all botnet
Woah.... made me think

What did you create

>666

Fuck off, Satan. Your shitposting isn't fooling anyone.

Python... must be stopped

Let's say I agree that all those projects are just botnet. That would still speak highly of Python, since such great botnets can be created with it. So, again

>hurr it's just for simple prototyping and not designed for more than that

because it's not a real programming language

>I am an authority on what a REAL programming language is

Uh, no sweetie.

Can you tell me how those things are made out of python, which part of them? Their web services, mobile apps, databases? Or do you mean some insignificant part of them

>MUH
>TYPES

Because after pypy and the 10+ year long (slow as fuck) python 2->3 migration finally showing signs of being mostly done, its an average language with a lot of libs. Using it is time efficient for many problems.

>its an average language with a lot of libs

So its not average, its good.

cuz every library gets made in it which makes development easier which makes every library get made in it which makes development easier ... repeat repeat

No matter how good a language is that comes out, if it doesn't have ease of use nobody uses it

Begs the question though, what happens when the libraries being used are written poorly

cd kode
cd ..
cd kode
cd kode
cd kode

>not understanding that just because it's popular it is not necessarily good
what are you 12 ?

The popular ones arent because they are popular

a lot of them are. Luckily numpy etc are written with low level code so they're actually fast, though

So not python lol

>what is pypy
>What is nuitka
>what is Cython

I know this is bait but I'll bite:

People who think this shit in real life are insufferable faggots who have 0 concept of how much abstraction there already is between them programming in "real" languages bare metal. The amount of abstraction that's achieved by going from logic gates to C is fucking astronomical, and you could probably never achieve writing a C compiler from bare metal in your entire life if it weren't for the work of hundreds of years of mathematicians working all this shit out for you. Comparatively, the jump from C to Python is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. Sure it might abstract away a few data structures and make things nicer to use, but it's nothing compared to carefully organizing bits of sand together in such a way that they perform actual computation.

Computer science and abstraction are tied together at the hip. Losers who can't understand that the continuous abstraction of mathematics is the very essence of computing are the most obnoxious fucking faggots in the world. The losers who can't understand that it's actually harder to think abstractly are the funniest of them all. Sure you can do the equivalent of hand-holding a modern abacus. You're not accomplishing anything by reinventing the wheel for the thousandth time, you're just doing it because someone needs some retarded shit to be fast, but you're not furthering the field of computer-science. You're not developing new fucking algorithms in C, you're implementing something that someone (far smarter than you) has already thought of in a slightly different flavor just so you can get a paycheck.

Most of the back end in Google apps is handled using Pyhon. The search engine at the core of Google was written primarily in Python. None of those were written using only one language because obviously they're all huge but Python plays a crucial role for the back end of each one of them.

yea

What makes you think that being used to code botnets is somehow a negative indicator of the quality of a programming language?

Attached: 1531921217960.jpg (232x250, 6K)

Not pure python

Because it's a modern language which means it's easy to use and can be written to read like the English language. It's simple. Then you have old school CS guys who were forced to learn to learn C and what have you, which is more difficult than Python, so they've adopted the attitude of

>I had to do things the hard way so everyone else should too!

tl;dr Most of Jow Forumstards that hate on Python are doing it out of spite. They are the conservatives of the IT world. Nothing should change or become easier. Everything should stay the same forever

Bad pasta

Pypy is literally Python Python

People just don't like the fact that these "not real" languages allow some high school kid to quickly write a program that you wouldn't be able to write in C++ without learning it for months. I've noticed a trend among these people, they actually like making things harder for themselves so they can prove they're "real" programmers. I've encountered these people while working on some projects and they are the most insufferable, unproductive cunts.

The funniest thing is that Python and C go insanely well together its so fucking easy to just combine them and use them both for your single application.

>it's not a real language because it's not hard like muh C

Keep deluding yourself that somehow any language besides assembly and machine code is "low level".

>import library
>write two lines
>look everyone I'm a coder xD

So not a low level language? The post said they’ve been written in low level languages, aka not python. If pypy is all python, then it’s not what was mentioned

How does that work? How exactly do separate Python and C++ files connect to each other?

>lets the compiler handle the stack automatically
>look everyone i'm a low level programmer xDDD

Based and redpilled

C isn’t low level retard. But you don’t need to call it low level to see shortcomings of higher level languages

If it accomplishes a certain goal that you would have to write 50 lines of C++ code to achieve, the guy doing that is a more valuable employee than you.

its obviously good

Attached: KE6QNYV.png (1357x1281, 1.49M)

Programming isn't some mythical thing that's reserved for a few. It's really not a big deal at all. If you can do this:
>write instructions for a machine to do work
then congratulations, you're a programmer.

>mfw people romanticize their hobby/job to feel special because they have nothing else in their lives

Attached: pathetic.jpg (480x294, 18K)

can i hav it?

Very well-written. Is this a pasta tho ?

Attached: 1544726952279.jpg (1679x586, 164K)

its badness is grossly exaggerated. people shit on it because its accessible. if you spent your teens pouring over textbooks to learn C++ and practicing it constantly in your freetime, then of course you're going to be pissed to find out chad and stacy can pick up python in a month and suddenly become employable. h1 visa holders hate it for the same reason, it makes them unattractive if programming suddenly becomes something super accessible that anyone can do.

Attached: haunterofhaunters.png (800x590, 209K)

>guide you need to get with the times why avoid change we can make everything easier and by easier I mean not have to know as much because someone else wrote my code for me xd
>why learn this algorithm myself when I can import this python library I found on github from Rajesh Puinlu who did it as a project for his class at the University of Ganges xd
>YAY #kodewithkarli xd
>dependencies? whats that xd
>optimization? What’s that xd
>what do you mean did I look at the library code? Who does that xd
>r-r-rewrite this algorithm in C? w-what’s that
>uwu

>developers = language

Sure.
bpaste.net/show/9b1653cd69d5

Remember to run it with efukt.com as the first command line argument: I did this to cleverly disguise it as a "general downloader" (I'm keeping a backup of this program on a shared server at work)
Also, I did not bother having it create a dedicated directory, it will download everything in the current directory. Remember to create one yourself.

Attached: 1527639566326.png (932x1050, 714K)

exactly, it's too powerful if anything. so the opposite of what this dumbass said

A language shapes it’s developers

All Nasa uses is C and Python. This should prove its not shit

This is a really common programming tecnique. You basically write some functionality inline with the lower level language in python/perl and then refer to that functionality in the rest of your code.

>not understanding that just because its popular doesn't necessarily make it bad
what are you, 13?

C and Python is truly the GOAT combination of languages.

i'm saving this, if it wasn't pasta before, it is now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_function_interface

Why is javascript growing in popularity everywhere if it's so bad?

Checkmate. Javascript and Python > All

I'm pretty much a beginner so I can't imagine what the file structure would look like. Can I just export a function written in a low level language and then call it from my Python code? I understand the principle you just described but what does an implementation of that look like? Sorry if this is dumb.

Because the internet is the king of the world and sites are half JS and sometimes 100%

>Why is javascript growing in popularity
Because the internet is growing.

You just wait till WebAssembly grows and JS suddently dies

You can also import the python.h library into your C code. I've only personally worked with C and Perl so not sure about python specifically.

I imported a Perl library that allowed perl to interface with C functions, declared a section of my code as being C and wrote the functions in there, lastly I just used those functions in my MAIN as if they had been defined in Perl. The perl script does some extra compiling before it runs.

WebEssembly isn't a replacement for JS, dumbass. It never was. The creators themselves have been explaining from the start that it's just a complement to JS. Just another tool in the web dev's toolkit. It's only meant to be used for things that benefit from being written in a low level language. It's not designed to outright do everything that JS currently does.

Tell that to micro$oft and Blazor

Well, the JVM also has a lot of libs and better languages, so do C and Cpp and more. And an extraordinary numbet of Python libs look good on the surface but once you start using them you realize that you wasted your time because the flaw you're hitting is part of one giant mess of spaghetti code and even if you fixed it, you'd forever be maintaining the code - upstream won't get it.

Python may have libs where its the best option, but overall it's average.

unironicly blown the fuck out

And most of those services moved away from python because it is too slow. Google made Go for their web servers, and Dropbox literally hired Guido to make an actual fast Python interpreter

i only have problems with the packaging

otherwise its not bad per se just meh

>actual fast Python interpreter

And now that such things exist Python is even better

you can ask that question about every programming language ever made.

Python is a good language for beginners and casual users because of its psuedocode-like syntax. Its a shit language for anyone who has to get real work done. Using virtual environments for package management is an absolute joke, any programmer who says its good with a straight face should get fired immediately. Python has shitty OO, shitty anonymous functions, shitty built-in functions. The only good part about Python is its comprehensions. Ruby has better OO but its block syntax is just as bad as the anonymous functions in Python.

Julia has all the good of Python and non of the bad. It has psuedocode-like syntax, it has great high order functions much like Javascript but unlike Javascript it doesnt have OO to tie methods to data. Julia copies Python's great comprehensions. Julia has very nice built-in functions like Ruby. Julia has great package management and module system.

And yet nobody uses julia

yeah, if you go by shill metrics on Jow Forums everyone uses C++, Java, PHP and Python

You mean more fragmented. There a now different python interpreters but everything will still be developed for the official Python interpreter. C extensions only work with official Python since it exposes a lot of inner workings, and replicating it is almost impossibe.

Would you pick perl over python anone?

Attached: 1516130304811s.jpg (104x125, 2K)

It is bad because it is popular and it is not intended to be used for anything serious but it still is even though fucking node.js is faster and more stable(relatively)

>node.js
>anything but a fad
thats a yikes from me dawg

because it's a good language.
>"b-b-but muhhh performance"
kys