So what happened to the whole net neutrality thing? I thought the internet would be destroyed?

So what happened to the whole net neutrality thing? I thought the internet would be destroyed?

Attached: Ajit_V._Pai_headshot.jpg (709x886, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/12/centurylink-blocks-internet-access-falsely-claims-state-law-required-it/
cnet.com/news/net-neutrality-battle-heads-to-court-in-2019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>government intervention
>making anything better

Jew won either way, before some autist claims "lmao we defeated those jews at google"

Dunno, the BATTLE FOR THE NET ads seem to be absent. I wasnt buying any of it since i was alive pre net neutrality bill when there were even less problems than there are today. Also when the push is coming from big social media companies and co, I tend to pick the side they arent on.

Attached: sample_1e5fb3eb7b9ba8ad1c9f8c45a6cc5259b674769a.jpg (850x603, 675K)

ISPs are already fucking with your traffic:
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/12/centurylink-blocks-internet-access-falsely-claims-state-law-required-it/

It will only get worse from here.

It takes time, those laws aren't even in use yet, just decided. Give it a few years.

Attached: 1537488156936.jpg (820x1160, 409K)

Holy fuck you're retarded. There hasn't been a single good thing to come of this. All it did was give the only major players in the ISP game more control to fuck us all over with. It does no good whatsoever for the people.

>breaking standard oil bad
>breaking at&t bad
>stopping great depression bad

fuck off, pajeet.
> ISPs are already fucking with your traffic
> making up laws as they go
frightening.

> lists things that deserved to be broken up
> somehow the depression is thrown in
what a clueless fucking faggot.

Its because the world already ended, the sky already fell because of global warming right after the wolf ate while you were waiting deportation in the interment camp that trump put you in because you're not literally a rural nazi southerner in a red hat with smaller hands.

>I thought the internet would be destroyed?
Comcast customer here. I pay more for a worse and censored service, so yeah, it pretty much fucked me over.

It still hasn't been repealed and is currently being fought over. States are enacting their own net neutrality laws in the mean time.

Meanwhile, internet speeds have skyrocketed despite claims of net neutrality doing the opposite.

yeah, the law obama passed was the only thing keeping the internet from armageddon all that time before it existed. trans-temporal

While the FCC has been sucking corporate cock Charter, Time Warner and Bright House Networks combined and TMobile and Sprint are in the process of combining. With the lack of net neutrality these huge companies now have even more leverage over the products allowed through their networks.

>ywn be a burgerfat
>ywn defend companies doing this shit in the name of muh freedumbs

Feels so fucking good

Attached: 1531338700242.jpg (2048x1536, 677K)

>Net neutrality battle heads to court in 2019

>Legal briefs to the Federal Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit were due in late November, and oral arguments are scheduled for Feb. 1. A decision in the case isn't expected until at least June. But even then, legal experts say, the litigation is unlikely to end.

>"The ruling could be appealed 'en banc' to the full DC Circuit, and then to the US Supreme Court," said Schettenhelm. "By the time all that plays out, we'll likely be focused on the 2020 US presidential election."

>If the Democrats win the White House, they'll control the FCC again. And that could mean they restore the 2015 net neutrality rules and start the whole process over again.

cnet.com/news/net-neutrality-battle-heads-to-court-in-2019/

Meanwhile, you have republicans talking about how great the internet is without net neutrality, despite it not being repealed yet. THEY ARE LITERALLY ARGUING THAT THE INTERNET HAS BEEN DOING GREAT UNDER NET NEUTRALITY! Pic related

Attached: file.png (675x377, 93K)

Us yurofags will have to move onto a darknet soon enough I guess.

Pajeet Pai ran his mouth too soon. Laws were passed almost immediately at state level,and pretty much everyone else is just waiting for someone to make a false move. Give it time, jews gonna jew.

they could do that without NN

>they could do that without NN
Yes, they repealed NN from federal regulation which is why they can do it.... What's your point?

Jow Forums posts taped to a car.
What the fuck.

That's what happens when you start lurking Jow Forums unironically instead of realising that it's satire.

at&t was only allowed their monopoly through the government

>poos in your internet