Time for another gay which-distro-do-I-pick thread

Time for another gay which-distro-do-I-pick thread.

This time, post the distro you use and WHY you chose it. No need to shit on other distros in here we’re all frens now

Attached: 655DBD59-3D84-448F-BB99-8AA82EEEA789.jpg (446x595, 86K)

Windows10
gayms

OSX
Sucking dick

Fedora 29
Wanted a just works distro with newer kernel, because new processor/gpu, chosen the one with corporation behind it (tossed a coin between it and suse) because corporations tend to cater to realistic needs of people.

pic related bcz it works great, it's been around forever and it's not affected by retards

Attached: yahooanswers.png (754x538, 51K)

Windows 8.1, because i like it.

I choose Crux because I know my way with my machine

Attached: improving.png (1280x800, 42K)

All my LXC containers run Ubuntu Server 18.04 because I know my way around a Debian based distro more than say Centos.

Windows vista

Redpilled

based

Debian is the final destination for all distrohoppers, cut out all the years of experimentation and just install it now.
Why - because it's the most stable, most well supported, has a very minimal / unbloated base install and is just generally the least meme tier distro.

Attached: 2000px-Debian-OpenLogo.svg.png (2000x2642, 166K)

>my distro is not a meme distro, choose it
You can argue that the most important difference between distros is the repos and the package manager. Also, if OP wants up to date packages, he'll be going for sid, and then it clearly isn't the "most stable".

Debian (testing or sid specifically)

Mostly because it's what I've used for the last five years so why stop now? I also maintain a handful of packages both externally and within the company I work for, so I know the ins and outs of how Debian is put together, which I'd have to re-learn if I moved to something not Debian-based.

And as for why Debian testing/sid specifically: I find it's easier to effect change when I'm as close to "upstream" as possible. testing/sid is where most of the changes in Debian start, so I feel like I can influence Debian better by using testing/sid.

For servers, though, stable probably makes more sense.

IMO, testing is a huge trap. I used Debian in the past, and testing was always very easy to break because of the way packages make it to testing. Sid was much more stable in comparison, and I believe it's the ideal version of Debian if you're not going for servers.

> if OP wants up to date packages, he'll be going for sid, and then it clearly isn't the "most stable".
Applies to any cutting edge.
Also, being on Buster I realized Stable with backports is better. They change things in testing every damn month, breaking scripts sometimes and not caring about compatibility as much as in stable, the last lime dkms build returned a error because open-vm-tools module wasn't compatible with 4.19 (yet?) and therefore even initrd couldn't be built. Day and night compared to stable.

systemd

t.tips hat to Fedora fren.
Non-meme and job compliment via RHEL/CentOS.

yup, that's another good reason why Debian is a good choice

Slackware
I've been using it for years, so I'm familiar with the ins-and-outs of what goes on, and it requires the least amount of effort to maintain of any distro I've ever used.

This is why I mentioned sid and not testing in my post. One of the reasons why is mentioned by