You fucking fucks, you suggested me a RX 580...

You fucking fucks, you suggested me a RX 580, I got one (Sapphire Special Edition) and it stutters like crazy and has usage fluctuations (0-100%) every few seconds (both go hand in hand) in games that had no such problems on my previous R9 280X (GTA V for example), even on the lowest settings.
You got me into this mess, now help me out! I wish I didn't listen to you and got myself an GTX of some sort.

Attached: 978055_0_i1064.jpg (591x740, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

did you max out the power limit?

In WattMan settings? No, why would the GPU need any more power than out of the box?

Did you use DDU to remove the old drivers

Yes, as always. Also, quite some people report the same/very similar problem to mine with the RX series on the internet. But I see no solution.

Your GPU, other hardware, OS and software configuration are all your choice and your problem. We're not obliged to fix any of your shit.

Are you using the new 2019 Adrenalin drivers?

What's the rest of the system? I have a powercolor rx580 red devil golden sample, never had any issues with it.

AMDrones BTFO!

Attached: 1544934141558.gif (540x540, 279K)

I have that same GPU and it runs just about every game I've thrown at it in 1080p with high settings. The problem is probably something else.

Based

Attached: 20181230025119_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.61M)

I think so. I have the latest I could find on AMD's site, 18.12.2 or something.

Tried that just now, didn't help.

i5 2500K, 8GB DDR3, Win 10 64bit, 600W PSU, Green HDD and an SSD, no chance it's a bottleneck. It didn't do this shit on R9 280X.

Oh and I also forgot to mention. It's weird, this card was supposed to be 1430MHz core clock, it's 1340MHz...

>18.12.2
New 2019 Adrenalin drivers are rather buggy and unstable for many try the older ones until they are fixed amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-1

I'll try this if there won't be any other suggestions.

return it. it's defective.

The card is very good, it's just the drivers that suck. Just don't use any drivers.

Are you sure it's a special edition?
Did you accidentally put it in compute mode or turn off boost?

Why could it be that the card was supposed to be 1430 MHz and it's 1340 (core clock)...

I'd recommend going back to 18.5.1

did you plug in the power supply properly?

101% sure it's special edition. It says so on the box and it's blue. Compute mode? Don't tell me there's some fucking switch that I accidentally hit and it causes the GPU to work like shit?

you need 1 lower resolution monitor

He is probably talking about this

Attached: 1523519797660.png (1016x519, 91K)

100% sure of that. The PC wouldn't even start if it wasn't connected properly.

Why exactly that number, also checked.

yes, it's mining mode, reset to factory

oh okay, I have it on Graphics.

IIRC sapphire cards have a bios switch on the pcb, to enable oc mode. You might want to double check.

If this is what you are talking about then I already had it on the right option.

>RX 5XX
>When Vega exists
RETARD

Attached: 1546349197846.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

it's an amd card, what did you expect rajeesh?

It's a really bad card, just give it to someone for free, preferably to me. No pressure.

this but give fans to me

>He fell for the AyyMD meme
You know Jow Forums is a meme trolling board like every single Jow Forums board and in reality you're supposed to do the opposite of what people here suggest you to do to not end up fucked over...

Attached: sat.png (1281x765, 736K)

Here are the wattman settings for the card. It doesn't even go up to 1430 by default. So either there is some switch on the GPU I don't know of, or the drivers are faulty.

Attached: Bez tytułu.png (1029x523, 161K)

Where the fuck did you buy it from? What gaeme? What monitor?

>her novideo gpu doesn't just work on latest unix os
owie...

Attached: Screenshot 2019-01-02 at 23.58.34.png (309x71, 6K)

>Where the fuck did you buy it from?
I bought it used, like many here told me to do (because it was cheaper). Game was GTA V. Monitor is just some regular Samsung 1080p LED monitor, nothing fancy.

>I bought it used
>like many here told me to do
epic, you took the bait

Attached: 79923250.jpg (276x276, 58K)

>I bought it used

for fuck's sake user... you deserved all the problems you have with it. Enjoy your no warranty and no returns.

>taking Jow Forums advices at face value

Well if anything, I can give it back and demand refund from the guy if it's indeed a faulty card and not a software problem (which I will check more deeply tomorrow) and if he doesn't I can get police involved in this because I bought it on a auction site similar to american ebay and here, they basically take care of you as a buyer and if they can't help, police is involved. Either way I was not fucked around.

What's that old saying, the error exists between the chair and computer? Because that's exactly what's going on here.

rx480/580 are mined to hell never buy them used again

There's a physical switch on the card too. Check it just to be safe. One side says compute, the other says gaming

They probably killed the card with wrong overclocking shit, dropped liquid in it to short circuit something. Then sold it to you used.

You fucking deserved it for buying used shit you fucking cheapskate.

>he bought ATIshit
>he bought it from a fucking shitcoin miner
No fucking wonder the card is fucked up.
Don't buy a used card idiot.

>I bought it used
Looks like we've found the problem...

>used sapphire 580
>acting as if this is ayymd exclusive and any other mining cards wouldn't be fucked up
>Being surprised, at all
Just fucking try what the others have already said. Maybe as the seller what he used to do with it and ask him if he ever faced problems like this. Maybe some voltage tweaks could help, but you'll probably fuck it up as well.

Gpus dont stutter you brainlet
>usage jumps between 0-100%
Wow so its obviously not a gpu and something else bottlenecking it you dumbo.

Okay if you girl have pissed your panites with excitement enough already, I already said I can give the card back, that' s one, two - a lot of people have the same problem with this line of cards even though They bought it new.

So if you don't have anything to add to this topic, stop spamming in it.

OP anything 18.12 is a fucking mess, I would know because I've been dealing with this shit for a week (since I bought my RX570), AMD drivers are pretty fucking stupid. Use 18.11.2, those are giving me no issues.

Anyhow, I wanted to ask everyone around here: what's a safe temperature + fan speed? I've been raising the power limit a lil bit and setting the memory clock at 2000mhz like everyone and his mother does apparently and sure enough it runs really nice but I'm looking at over 50% fan speed with the card running at 75C. The default limit of 75C without the power limit or overclock has a fan speed of 30% on average. My model of RX570 is specially shitty (a non-mk2 armor, 8GB). I just wanna know when I should be concerned.

>Wow so its obviously not a gpu and something else bottlenecking it you dumbo.
Oh yeah, and the same GTA V that worked flawlessly on a R9 280X on High settings, does this shit now on lowest settings. Of course a GPU MAY be bottlenecked, but definately not in this game. CPU usage doesn't get to 50% for me in that game.

Did you have the same stuttering problems and/or fluctuating GPU usage on 18.12?

why didn't you just buy a vega 56? same price if you bother looking

first what xer said second, did you uninstall the old driver with the ddu(iirc) program? if NOT, do it.
third, try benchmarking your gpu with a free tool and check if the performance is similar to online results
ford, chrysler sucks
fifth, check your PSU power supply. If it can't give you enough jews, then your card won't hit the proper clocks.
finally, how many fps do you get on GTA V? the engine is broken. if you run on ultra low settings and low resolution and you hit more than 100fps, then it's sure that the stuttering is present due to gta having issues with fast rendering.

Not here in Europe. It's much more expensive.

No chance it's bottlenecked. R9 280X swallowed this game on 30fps, stutter free on high-very high. How can you see bottlenecking on a better card in the same game on even lower settings? You can't. That's not how bottlenecking works.

Yes I used DDU.

I will try with a benchmark tomorrow.

My PSU is okay, R9 280X wanted more power than the RX 580 does now.

Depends on settings. I didn't check how many I got on the lowest. Now I will try reverting to some older drivers, I'll be back in some time.

Anything under 85c is fine and for the fan speed around 50-70% depending on you gpu model

I had a few issues, mostly related to the fucking overlay. Press a button, restart the PC because even though I wasn't messing with wattman, the drivers think so. Plenty of people are complaining about the latest drivers giving them green screens, messed up wattman settings, alt+tab taking ages to work, it's all over the place. The only stutter I had in my case that was severe (and at first I thought that I had a fucked up GPU) was one I got for two seconds several times that slowed everything down to pretty much 0%. Somehow the 20+4 pin ATX cable wasn't all the way in and HWiNFO was showing all sorts of fucked up shit. I'd recommend checking with that. Other than that I'm not sure, if it was used I would have recommended using GPU-Z to extract the BIOS and check with SRBPolaris if it has been overclocked or undervolted in wrong ways but not sure.

Can be your vrm component temps or memory chip ones being too high also .

Model specifically is a MSI Armor RX 570 8GB OC. I guess it's fine.

>buying AMD
I made that mistake once, just not worth it to save 20€ for years of headaches

AMD is a Jow Forums meme dude, there is a reason Nvidia has a 98% market share.

Okay, I'm back. After installing some older version of drivers, that user here suggested it's still the same thing.

What exact PSU do you have? Can you measure its voltage? Ideally not with software.

Gottem! Another dumb faggot tricked into buying AMD products, whilst we sit here with our Intel/Nvidia systems laughing at you.

>muh games

i had stutter in gta5 until i upgraded from my quadcore to an 8 core. So did my buddy until he got a hyperthreaded i7

Its your garbage CPU, retard

OP back again. I found the reason for this stutter and weird usage fluctuation. It was the goddamn vsync. Turned it off and the GPU stays at 100%, stutter free! Nice.

Now only to find out why the clocks are too low but that's for tomorrow.

>he can't tell the difference between vsync on/off
these are the same people that claim input lag is a non issue

What are you talking about? I do see the difference and never claimed otherwise. You are projecting.

>Now only to find out why the clocks are too low but that's for tomorrow.
There are two vbios on rx, there's a switch on the card to go between them, one is for boost mode and the other is for quiet mode, make sure it's on boost and then restart the computer.

>confuses the stutter from vsync as an innate hardware issue
The absolute state of nu-Jow Forums. I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the monitor or vsync but thought maybe it was a hardware issue afterall since this faggot was continuously heavily implying it was a hardware issue.
And yeah, fucking check whether the gpu underclocking thanks to your miner seller instead of it being a hardware issue.

This is not what we agreed on, you little shit! You are supposed to shit on apple and intel fags!

>I bought it used, like many here told me to do
>he listened to Jow Forums in 2019
It's an old mining card, dumbass