Why is Slackware not common on Jow Forums?

Why is Slackware not common on Jow Forums?

Attached: 1546002013307.png (1600x1200, 1.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.osuosl.org/pub/slackware/slackware64-current/extra/pure-alsa-system/README
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gomblexity became popular

Because slackware isn't that common at all.

Because Jow Forums doesn't want to use software from last decade

Needs a package manager with dependency management ootb, they could use ports and become bleeding edge with that

Because I feel not competent enough to resolve dependencies manually.

Who would want to run a distribution with no organized system for bug tracking? And who the fuck wants to resolve dependencies manually?

but we use ports(slackbuilds)

No dependency resolution and not by default?

Why the fuck does everyone have the same autistic anime robot girl as their background or avatar faggotry

slackbuilds has dependency resolution

slackware stable is much more bleeding edge than debian stable

Because retards cant leave arch because muh cool name.
Systemd-less system is the best for personal computing.
Super stable distro, using it on my home server.

It has almost no software available and no dependency resolution. No the slapt-get hack does not count, because it relies on metadata being present in repositories, when it's never actually there.

I have to check that

>All the "muh automagick dependency management" bitching in this thread
I see the pleb filter is working as intended.

They're too busy constantly updating their bleeding edge shitboxes to achieve Slack.

Attached: 1543363376692.png (726x660, 295K)

Have a webm.

Attached: desktop_thread.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Too many brainlets and zoomers

I've used Slackware full time for like 5 or 6 years. Based OP using WindowMaker, which is hands down my favorite WM, been using it for years as well.

Slackware uses pulseaudio, only a matter of time until systemd

>next slackware release
ftp.osuosl.org/pub/slackware/slackware64-current/extra/pure-alsa-system/README

i have wanted to try it but from what i think the system is about (no real package management, physically install all dependencies) really discourages me. sure i imagine the package manager tells you all the other options but i dont know for sure, nobody ever mentions it. it seems minimal as well which assures me that likely i will need to spend a considerable amount of time learning otherwise useless shit just to get up and running in slackware but all of these are built on anxiety really

>sure i imagine the package manager tells you all the other options
Hahaha
Funny

I have a love/hate relationship with Slackware. First real Linux distro I ever used. These days, though, it's more trouble than it's worth for me.

Why?

reason gentoo and slackware aren't popular is because you have to read a manual to install them

i have never been able to install gentoo. i don't think my laptop is compatible with it

Attached: e3c7761bc176fe7511c31a04d15763eb.jpg (564x1002, 56K)

I didnt need the manual to partition the disk and hit full install

Oh hey it's me.
It's because:
>non-libre/not fsf-approved
>package management/dependency hell shenanigans
>pulseaudio
I just use it cause it works and it's stable as fuck. Every time I switch to Debian, it's because I was too stupid to do something on Slackware. Then, when I break the whole thing, I yeet for the Slackware 14.2 install disc.

>lain wallpaper
>LOOK AT MY EDGY 2 DEEP 666 U ANIMOOH IM SO COOL EXCLUSIVE GROUP TO COMPLEX FOR MOST TO UNDERSTAND DEEP MEANING SHOW
when with the lainfag kids die?, i assume this is a reddit thing originally.

tried twice, couldn't boot on the livecd and now I'm comfy on gentoo so I didn't try again