/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Old thread:

Attached: TWC.jpg (1536x2048, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/BugReportIssue1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Rust

Rust is not viable as a programming language.

First for Julia best girl.

What is your reasoning for this argument?

Attached: 1528920925528.png (494x795, 411K)

Because it lacks any kind of stability.

Use the stable version of the compiler and specify in your Cargo.toml which Rust edition you will be using in your project.

When you say retarded shit like this, it makes the Rust shills sound reasonable. Diss Rust yes, it deserves to be dissed because it's a pile of AIDS. But insult it in a less brainlet fashion

Rust > Go

That's just it, isn't it? There have only been two major editions of this young language and yet there are breaking changes. It's hopeless.

The point of having separate editions is so that you can make breaking changes to the language if necessary. Thus far, the only real breaking changes have been the changes to "try".

Red-black or heap for implementing a scheduler?

>The point of having separate editions is so that you can make breaking changes to the language if necessary.
Worked well for Python 3, didn't it?
>Thus far, the only real breaking changes have been the changes to "try".
Only a core language construct you'll be using a lot, then.

explain this image please, I don't get it.

SPQR tree

Attached: xmpgh7k7e0r01.jpg (579x426, 33K)

>that pic
what is the point of that organization? it's not like we're being treated like shit or anything.

The TWC (Tech Workers Coalition) is our union.

Why do OCaml posters say OCaml is more practical than Haskell?
What is more practical about it?

Attached: 1545482811700.jpg (500x500, 187K)

>we aren't being treated like shit
Incorrect. Read this booklet: archive.org/details/BugReportIssue1

>being replaced by pajeets en masse
>forced to train them
>goodbye user lmao

>get browbeated into working overtime and having side projects and shit or else you're not a real Googler or a real Amazon engineer
sure pal

It's a practical joke.

oh and lets not forget
>you get targeted by the newest angry mob authoritarian fad over an out-of-context comment
>get fired and blacklisted lmao

>Seattle
Found your problem!
>implying I work in tech
You must be trolling. I love this shit way too much to ruin it by working with it. I do programming just for fun. It's my hobby. My day job is auditing. I'm a CPA.
Not to mention, there's no way you can possibly make six digits in tech having to compete with a billion pajeets. I already make six digits and I'm just 28 and a senior manager, hopefully I'll make partner before 30!

How many members does your union have?

Are you referring to the language itself or the standard library?

The language.

what's the practical man's alternative to OOP ?

>there's no way you can possibly make six digits in tech having to compete with a billion pajeets.
lmfao

worst post I've seen this year

Well there's John, he set up the table. Then there's Rajish and his 2 brothers, plus myself and my mom, so 6 in total.

Haskell

What would be the Go equivalent of this regex?
\w*\.

minimal telnet library, only required features supported

wanted to practice my network programming game

>smelly shit > stinky shit

assembly is the white man's programming language

Since the last time I used Rust they added the dyn keyword and removed the "ref" thing. What other things did they change?

asm is hand processing cotton, C is the cotton gin.

The try macro.

java is industrialization

I have a buggy peripheral driver that will often crash on load. My current plan is to put it in another program and poll a locked file/restart the binary when the lock succeeds. What's a simple method of communicating between the processes? sepples/win32 btw

The docs says it was replaced with the ? operator. I'm assuming they left try! in for backwards support?

stay slow, pajeet

It's a reserved keyword now.

This is supposed to be a software worker's union?
I literally thought it was free propaganda from the american communist party or some shit.

>vast number of unskilled workers led to java
Accurate.

>LARPing the on interwebs
You don't do anything of substance with asm.

software developers are wealthy and have high job demand, so the only ones who would join a union would do so for ideological reasons

Can my mom join too? She says she's good with Facebook.

still don't understand the breaking change autism and no one has really given a solid argument against it.
You aren't forced to update your compiler.
Most languages that aren't C shit have deprecation periods to give you plenty of notice and time to prepare your code.

some people do actual work

What exactly is your argument here?

I enjoy so much about programming, but I always get turned off and give up on anything I work with when it starts to feel like I'm just gluing shit together.
Using multiple different frameworks, IDEs, languages, service, toolsets etc. really starts to make the whole process feel really crude, which bothers me so much because I like working with the most efficient stuff to make the mode efficient programs that I can.

I totally understand that I'm going to need multiple resources in my toolset, but what kind of ecosystem or platform for development is going to require the least amount of stuff that helps me from feeling like I'm just gluing a bunch of shit together? Preferably something marketable because I'd like to find a job as an entry level programming, using a toolset like that, in the near future.

>don't want to glue shit together
>wants to wage-slave in the enterprise
pick 1 and only 1 lad, unless you're doing your own startup.

\w*\.

I am starting People’s Union of Functional Programming
Together we will overthrow the Imperial overlords of Imparitive Programming and throw of the shackles of OOP inheritance which enslave us.
Who is with me?

stop being a webshitter

JavaScript rocks!

Attached: js-rocks.png (1000x494, 286K)

WHY

Nigger I have seen your image and not your source.
Speak your words or I shall curse you with linking hell!

no

Anyone here write / work on an emulator before?
What might I need to read up on to make one?

you need the specification

I just wrote a new electron app!

Stupid sexy lolis

Are you the guy who has written 5 (now 6) electron apps?

Stop writing electron apps.

Yes! Why would I stop when i'm ahead?!

gib repo

It's a closed source app!

all of your stuff?

Yes! I don't believe in a free lunch for other commies!

then give me the high-level pitch for some of the stuff you've made.

L M A O
M
A
O

My latest app is an IRC client!
My last app was a replacement to Org Mode.
We don't talk about the 4th app.
My 3rd app was is the frontend to a monitoring tool I created
My 2nd app was a small game I was experimenting with for fun
My 1st app was Jow Forums browser using the Jow Forums api!

give me the investor pitch for some of the stuff youve made

Wouldn't native iOS development be less gluing stuff together and something that companies would want?

I don't even know what you mean by webshitter.

webshitter = webdev

is the OP still here? that zine from your link is TITE

I'm working on a piece of shit mobile application in Java for schoolwork. I've never wanted to kill myself so bad.
I don't know how pajeets and you poor lots who do it as a job can handle the amount of retarded shit. I just want to get back to research.

You would have to ask John, he's the head of the union. Strange guy, he keeps talking about some proletariat uprising or something, I'm not really sure what that is though.

I'm not a webdev, but I've messed with it before and hated it because it felt the most like gluing shit together.
What kind of development feels the least like that?

how do i get a job

>I don't know how pajeets and you poor lots who do it as a job can handle the amount of retarded shit

Probably because most people don't write shit code.

This is what I did and it worked for me, but take it with a grain of salt because I could have just gotten lucky. First, lie you way into an interview, if you have to. It's important that you at least get a face-to-face interview for this to work.
Then, you'll need to claim other peoples' work as your own. Make a GitHub and push other peoples' work to get, impressive shit, but not too impressive. Shit that someone could have done on their own.
Finally, when they ask about the projects, cut one of your pinkies off right in front of them and scream, "I SWORE TO NEVER REVEAL MY PROGRAMMING SECRETS, I KNOW ALL AND REVEAL NONE, ALL I KNOW IS PROGRAMMING AND SUFFERING."

OsDev progress report!
Today I messed around a bit with the security system; it's a weird kind of MAC and I've yet to figure out the ideal configuration of resources X access levels, so everything is still very temporary, but eventually it will be perfected. Eventually.
On a more playful note, I also coded a small wavefront OBJ viewer, pic related. Everything is done in pure software, since I only have drivers for EGA text mode and the VESA linear framebuffer.

Attached: screen.png (1024x797, 35K)

Attached: morganfreeman.jpg (800x598, 73K)

Whta a shitty Os.

would you recommend using the microsoft C compiler?

No niggy! Even the Linux kernel is a better program than that ancient dumpster fire

>would you recommend using a compiler that dropped C support over a decade ago and never even finished implementing all of C99.

No.

So badass

How do I learn Javascript, HTML and CSS? I'm a programmer not a pajeet.

I doubt you're a programmer if you don't know how to grasp a language, psudo-xml and stylesheets

Attached: animu.png (149x148, 58K)

>I'm a programmer
sure thing

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

That isn't programming though. JS is nutty, HTML & CSS is autistic like trying to insert an image halfway through a Word document.

I mean dont develop for web or mobile and you won't have to spend all your time gluing frameworks together

I'm a game developer and I've only ever used one external library

JS is a programming language and meets all the requirements.
HTML is almost nearly just XML
CSS is just styling your HTML

If you can't comprehend these then you're likely a pajeet.

they're easy to pick up, but all 3 are horribly designed and they only get more cancerous as you use them. I'm working on a lisp-like scripting language right now that kinda combines all HTML, CSS, and perl/python/ruby/whatever into one clean little DSL. The end goal is to allow for modern, visually appealing HTML5 websites without any JS.

>without any JS.
Useless paranoia.

If your website needs a large amount of JS for some reason, you're not my target audience. Hint hint: the overwhelming majority of websites on the internet do not require JS, and when they do, they generally -require- a dozen lines per page, tops.
I'm considering support for inline ClojureScript or Parenscript, but it works against the goal of simplicity.
Quit offloading unnecessary bullshit on your users. It makes for an extremely unpleasant experience.

Nice, user. I saw the other day you were using cooperative multitasking with a round-robin scheduler. Have you considered going to a more sophisticated scheduler? Also, do you support multi-core? didn't see it mentioned in the documentation.

> It makes for an extremely unpleasant experience.
You're retarded. You know what makes user experience really unpleasant? Having to deal with a website made by an autist who thinks it's okay to make you spam F5 to get updates because you're too jewish to do simple dynamic content loading. Stop living in the 90s moron.

Keep on the good work, user!
You motivated me to get into Os Dev, as you said on the previous thread, I'll be going with Rust and some C.