AMD on CES 2019

Who /hyped/ here?

Attached: 3JFWxqv[1].png (716x670, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-5-rev-10#sp
asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/specifications/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_2
forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2018/12/31/top-five-pc-hardware-launches-to-watch-out-for-in-2019/#634f87f53b03
msi.com/Motherboard/X470-GAMING-PLUS/Specification
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Got a 2600X three weeks ago.
I hate myself right now, why couldn't I wait ;_;

Return it and wait

I just bought a 9900k two weeks ago

Attached: 1521812401448.jpg (513x558, 131K)

They will release Raven Ridge APU refresh AKA Picasso, the 3800X/adoredtv shit is obviously fake.

Kinda hyped for Picasso tho because I am going to buy an AM4 APU.

Attached: time fore bed.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

gimmie that ryzen 7 3700 and navi pls

Attached: 1523552253729.jpg (525x516, 73K)

LOL

Attached: 1541937925495.gif (972x1000, 1.09M)

IT'S OVER INTELBROS

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

>navi

enjoy your 50fps.

H2 2019

I'll enjoy your RTX 2080 ti performance for half the cost and without a failing RTX card that'll due to nvidias incompetence.

Attached: 1544346289973.jpg (1024x588, 75K)

Who /3700X/ here?

Attached: 1539990217776.png (483x581, 256K)

>being this much delusional.
AMD current gcn sucks, nothing can fix it.

Might as well rename this board to /amd/

3800x comes out same day as the rest of the bunch right?

Me too but who gives a fuck.

>He didn't Wait™

Attached: 1534253167504.png (576x390, 152K)

probably. if they demo something you can bet it will be the 3800X

When is that?

Amd still cant even get 1080 performance lmfao

This but unironically.

yeah, god forbid you get excited about something that isn't a rebrand lake housefire with 1% more IPC

Attached: 1500260377912.jpg (638x710, 96K)

>hyped
not hyped. I have a work desktop with a Ryzen 1600X and a RX 570 8 GB and a HTPC / Gaming PC with Ryzen 2600 and RX 470 8 GB. Both are fine and I'm guessing both those systems will be fine 5 years from now.

>rebrand lake housefire with 1% more IPC
Even if AMD releases something that's 10% faster it's a meh. I can already just go buy a 2700X or something if I want a slightly faster computer. AMDs release will be a yawn.

Here's a kind reminder form an old boomer: Intel gave us more than twice the performance going from the 80286 to the 80386 and we also got to go from 8-bit to 16-bit. It's not like AMD will deliver a 8-core CPU running 8 GHz at the price of a 2700X...

Holy fuck guys I'm seriously so fucking excited. I'm ashamed to admit I have an 8700 but I am 100% going to switch to AMD as soon as these come out. Does anyone have any guess as to when these could come out??? I seriously can't wait holy shit

>Su walks on stage
>applause begins to die down
>room falls silent, she slowly looks around with a shit eating grin on her face
>"The leaks were true"
How do you react?

I would but I just don't have a use for 12c/24t. Hitting the silicon lottery with a 3600X and OCing it to 5GHz would be a dream to last me years, but I'm still skeptical that the leaks are true. Save us Mommy Su.

Attached: 1541907261135.png (980x700, 665K)

April probably
I'll buy 3. One to use, one to carry with me and one to hang on the wall.

>intel 5% gain every generation
>'same fucking shit again'

>amd 5% gain every generation
>'INTEL BTFO AMD BEST CPU CANT WAIT FOR ANOTHER 5% CLOCK BUMPS NEXT GEN'

Attached: 1546280289484.jpg (991x1024, 66K)

>t-too good to be true!
It's because of faggots like you that we pay a premium for stuff that should be already mainstream

>5%
16 cores. That's the number of threads a 9900K has dude. Combine that with the clocks and the price, and Intel gets BTFO

What the leaks don't tell you anything about is the number of PCIe lanes. The horrible truth nobody wants to talk about is that current Ryzen CPUs are limited to just 20 PCIe lanes. That's it, that's all you get. The AM4 motherboards come with 3 x16 slots and a few x1 slots and one or two NVME slots yet none of those are usable, it's a total scam designed to fool you into believing you've got more options than you do. Put something in the first two x16 slots and both are reduced to x8. The last x16 slot is limited to x4 and that is only if you don't populate any of the x1 slots, if you do ten you get x2 in the supposedly x16 slot.

I can tell you that the next Ryzen 3000 series will also be a total scam in a similar way. They do this to hurdle you into buying their overpriced Threadripper platform. I TELL YOU: AMD IS NOT ABOUT TO LET YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE ACCESS TO MORE PCIE LANES IN A CONSUMER PRODUCT.

please be good Navi, please be fucking good. give us something mommy Su

>intel
>5% gain
Also
>20% price increased
>Different socket

>'leaks were true'
>fireworks erupt
>backstage door opens
>some bald manlet walks into stage
>*talks product keynote in thick scottish accent while dog fucking mommy lisa in the stage*

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

I'm fapping to this

Attached: 1534362273575.png (1190x906, 178K)

>Lisa Su walks on stage wearing a black leather jacket
>stands mid stage and looks at the audience, not saying a word
>takes off and slams the leather jacket on the floor
>waits for the fanfare from the audience to die down
>"I hope you all had a great holiday season, we at AMD certainly did."
>Officially launches Zen+ based 3000U mobile APUs using Vega 2 graphics, reveals laptop lineup with partners.
>Does a recap of Zen, Zen+ and the road up to this moment for AMD.
>Feigns a conclusion to the keynote, turns to leave. Stops midstep...
>"Oh, by the way, you probably heard of some rumors, right?"
>Audience cheers
>she pulls out an apron out from behind podium and puts it on
>the apron reads "Mom" in big letters
>"I came prepared, but are you prepared for what comes next?
>stage lights shift color, music plays, Zen 2 suddenly flashes on the main
presentation display
>people in crowd start to autistically convulse and go into seizures
>the leaks were real
>Intel employees in back row send a courier dashing out the exit to deliver the bad news to HQ

Attached: b5c3764be90d9ef40cb3df46d6512ef6011f6e73251c5cebd569a2ef75623d1c.jpg (708x708, 80K)

>The last x16 slot is limited to x4 and that is only if you don't populate any of the x1 slots, if you do ten you get x2 in the supposedly x16 slot.
That slot usually shares lanes with the second M.2 slot, it does not affect or is affected by any of the x1s unless the motherboard is really badly designed.

You might be confusing this with Intel boards, which have even less lanes available.

>we also got to go from 8-bit to 16-bi
from 16bit to 32bit, dued. And that's with being much younger, I'm barely older than the 386.

>I TELL YOU: AMD IS NOT ABOUT TO LET YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE ACCESS TO MORE PCIE LANES IN A CONSUMER PRODUCT
Why do you bash AMD? They give you x16 and x4 for SSD from CPU. Intel only gives you x16 and for directly attached SSD you have to gimp GPU to x8.

adoredtv stuff is bullshit.
The launch is H2 2019 so there is no way he could get this specific data. Made up fake crap.

Attached: 1454295969238.gif (540x540, 76K)

I'm gonna need paper towels while watching AMD's keynote

Attached: f560b0c6dad6489580ef92c8dfa6e445.jpg (530x522, 56K)

Also his leak is kinda incoherent and nonsensical which can't be good.

I am so fucking hyped guys I swear to god if the leaks aren't real I'm going to cry

>Why do you bash AMD?
desperation. coping mechanism. jealousy. pick one.

I predict Intelfags having a stroke the moment Ryzen 9 is announced

Well they very well might. 7nm versus 14nm should be a beating at least in power efficiency (like, 95W 12C faster than 95W-wait-165W octocore).

But it will be in Q3 2019 or later.

Start crying then
AMD = Another Massive Disappointment

of course they are not real, we don't know what are the CPU like.
it will launch in Q3+ 2019 (that's officially said by Lisa Su, folks) so it is too soon for such detailed info.

I expect the top Ryzen to be 12 core actually, because that info about 48core Starship Epycs has to had a reason. And that reason is that the Ryzen die is monolithic 12C (x3 4c CCX). Starship was their plain B, using four of these dies a la 1st gen Epyc, in case the 64C chiplet design fails.

excuse the mistakes, I'm too tired and still at woerk

Attached: 1544499957357.jpg (656x800, 79K)

Not hyped, but looking forward to it. Especially for the 3600X, if the leaks are true of course.

gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-5-rev-10#sp
>* All of the PCI Express x1 slots share bandwidth with the PCIEX4 slot. The PCIEX4/PCIEX1_2/PCIEX1_3 slot operates at up to x1 mode when the PCIEX1_1 slot is populated; the PCIEX4 slot operates at up to x2 mode when the PCIEX1_2/PCIEX1_3 slot is populated.
>(The PCIEX4 and PCI Express x1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)

asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/specifications/
>*1 PCIeX16_3 slot shares bandwidth with PCIeX1_1 and PCIeX1_3.
>*2 M.2_2 socket shares PCIe clock with PCIeX1_1, when PCIeX1_1 or PCIeX1_3 are occupied, M.2_2 only can support SATA mode.

You are WRONG, it's not just one or two AM4 boards, it's ALL OF THEM. This is because Ryzen CPUs only have 20 PCIe lanes, that's it. The APUs are worse, they only have mere 12 PCIe lanes. No amount of regarded AMD shill fagtalk or lies will change this TOTAL SCANDAL.

>Intel is also bad
So what if they are worse, that's no excuse for selling boards with 3 x16 slots when the reality is that you only get ONE usable x16 slot.

If you have money for 2080Ti quad SLI, then sure you can afford an X399 board + 16-core Threadripper. Increasing PCIe lanes on mainstream is not cost-effective, most people won't use it and it will drive up costs significantly.

>Q3+ 2019 (that's officially said by Lisa Su, folks)
You got a link for that? Everything I'm seeing is pointing to the first half of 2019. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_2 and forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2018/12/31/top-five-pc-hardware-launches-to-watch-out-for-in-2019/#634f87f53b03

I'm betting it will launch in the spring. Zen came out in March 2017 and Zen+ came out in April 2018.

>Vega 64 doesnt exist guys lulz

I'm ready to pull the trigger on RTX when Navi is found out to be a flop.

>You are WRONG, it's not just one or two AM4 boards, it's ALL OF THEM.
Cry me a river. Gaming PCs and 99% of consumers don't need any more.
If you are a special PCIe flake, you just go and buy HEDT platform. Why should 99% of users pay for highend PCIe conectivity in cost and power consumption if the slots all just sit idle except that single one where GPU is.

On the other hand, that ×4 for SSD that AMD gives does have some merit.

You just want to shit on AMD while Intel gets a pass, right?

Attached: 045a.jpg (288x452, 51K)

>noise level of 100 screeching banshees
>melts

>You got a link for that?
Nothing on hand. But 7nm Epyc lanches in Q3 and Su repeatedly said that Ryzen launches only after 7nm Epyc. Check last earnings call after Q3 for example.

If they launch anything on CES/spring, it's 14nm/12nm (Picasso).

Literally and objectively wrong

>Are you ready to kick off 2019 right? Mark your calendars
W-W-What did they mean by this b-b-bros?

It's not about no quad SLI. 10 gigabit network cards need x4, HDMI capture cards also use x4. You can have a graphics card at x16 and ONE of those things on the AM4 platform or limit your GPU to x8 and have both.

So basically they SCAM YOU into thinking you have all those slots on your motherboard but in reality you can have a GPU and just ONE other card.

There is NO DEFENDING THIS. At all.

>intel also bad
Again, this is NO DEFENSE. How would a judge react if I go kill someone and claim "it's alright because there's other murderers"?

And "you don't need more" is just as laughable, are you some child who gets $2 in allowance and accepts that because you "don't need more"?

Check the earnings call.
Note: I do hardware journalism for living. I may be an AMD fan, but I have this researched for pro reasons.

They finally made the sex robots

>You can have a graphics card at x16 and ONE of those things on the AM4 platform or limit your GPU to x8 and have both.
Why don't you name Intel there, faggot?

Newsflash: there are AM4 boards that take the x4 for SSD and put it out as a PCIe x4 card (ASRock). There is your solution, stop whining now. Except you never needed that, you are just bashing.

Zen+ was a 5 percent bump, no one said it was jaw dropping amazing.

If the leaks are true we're looking at at potential 14 percent increase in the #600x model alone in single core clock speed, not to mention more cores.

Thats pretty significant, again, if the rumors are true.

Why are you so outraged at AMD specifically then? Shouldn't you be mad at both sides?

>intel 5% gain every generation
up till 2015
three generations/years with +0% by now
There is likely going to be a fourth in 2019, kek
at least they get a new core in 2020

Attached: DungeonMeshiv01_p028 copy.png (214x181, 9K)

>You are WRONG, it's not just one or two AM4 boards, it's ALL OF THEM.
Nope.

msi.com/Motherboard/X470-GAMING-PLUS/Specification
>1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (PCIE_6, supports x4 mode) [1]
>PCI_E6 slot will be unavailable when installing PCIe M.2 SSD in M2_2 slot.

That's it. And that's their cheapest, bottom of the barrel X470 board.

Go ahead, point me at an Intel board that provides this without being some overpriced HEDT crap.

>Shouldn't you be mad at both sides?
No, I should not, why would I? I don't have the throttling overheating housefire Intel CPUs with their Management Engine backdoors and limited amounts of SATA ports and a laundry list of meltdown and spectre security problems. I have the Ryzen CPUs, two of them. I paid good money for this technology!!! The AMD got my hard-earned cash and all I got was measly 20 PCIe lanes.

>I WENT TO BUY MEAT IN A BAKERY, WHY IS THERE ONLY BREAD?
You know if you don't actually know what you're buying you have no one to blame but yourself right? If you really needed those pcie lanes you could have looked that up. Do you need me to tell you how to use the internet?

How hard is it to realize that I bought the AMD technology and later bought one PCIe card and then another and then, to my horror, discovered this TOTAL SCANDAL? It's like meeting some woman, at first it's great but then you have a kid, you didn't know this when you met the woman but it happened, and then you have another kid and then the woman starts bitching about "what have you done for me lately" and then she is unfaithful and divorces you and it's all bad and she takes all your money and you have to pay child support. Are you really supposed to predict all that when you meet the woman?

Should i get a mobo and 2nd gen or jump on the sale when they try to get rid of the 1st gen ryzens?
How big of a jump is ryzen 2 going to be my question.

Unlike human interaction, which I admit can be complicated so people like you struggle with it, obtaining information on a product is as easy as typing it's name into a search engine. I'm sorry but if you can't even be arsed to look up things you supposedly care about, then you have no business holding any sort of technology in your hands in the first place. Go be a retard somewhere else

bad car analogy.
Here you should either have planned accordingly, or check your mobo specs before buying those extra cards

Look closely and you can find lane limitations on even higher end stuff dating back over 10 years. Intel's X58 for example, do you think you could use all of the slots on one of those boards at once? You wish. And those were ALL provided by the chipset, not the CPU. Even then you were screwed if you had many expansion cards.

It's just gotten worse because the vast majority of customers never uses more than one slot.

If you need the lanes you buy HEDT or a server motherboard with some PLX chip, from Supermicro or whatever.

I'm telling you, AMD won't launch Ryzen 3 until the X470 chipset launches, and that's been leaked to be in the summer.

>X470

>Lisa will never hold you and nourish you with her sweet, nutrient, fatty milk after she gives a presentation.

Why live?

Attached: Computex-2018-AMD-Conference-Lisa-Su.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

7nm incoming

absolutely seething Intel shill larping as AMDbro

I hope leaks are somewhat true
if so, I hope 3600 can get to 5 with a double tower

>7 PM
I see what they did there

for me it was the 2600

Picasso is a stupid refresh.
I'm either going to wait for their 7nm apus or get ice lake, they better abandon 12nm trash quickly.

what if AMD fucks up with ryzen 3k line by following what intel did past 10 years of jewing?

>HDMI capture cards also use x4
newer ones are x8 already because they need the extra bandwidth

inb4 elgato faggots claim their cheap shit isn't cheap shit

No amount of regarded "but Intel..." shill fag-talk and projecting will change the simple fact that AMD is shafting us on PCIe lanes and likely will keep on doing so. As picture related shows, I have the technology, I bought it with my hard-earned cash, I am entitled to fully utilizing the x16 slots on the motherboard.

Attached: amdtech.jpg (2194x1775, 590K)

>this guy is still posting

Attached: 1533857516795.png (583x457, 245K)

>The launch is H2 2019
Sir where is your proof

>they are still replying

>They do this to hurdle you

lost all credibility now

>muh pci lainz

fuck off already

Attached: intel-kernel-memory-leak-inside.png (835x767, 139K)

>Intel employees in the back row
Kek

The 9900k was a dumb purchase even without the impending release of zen 2

muh vr

Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet.

i want to be lisa su's boy toy

Prediction time:
>8c is the highest core count part we will see on AM4
>At least 5.0ghz boost on the 6c 3600X and 8c 3700X
>No Navi only refreshed Vega on 7nm with 3 model lineup.

Attached: o0708068712159790921.png (708x687, 172K)