What's the most private email client?

For Windows, Linux, and Android?
Something with a foss license and a lightweight gui

Attached: 1521428544544.png (578x560, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/thunderbird.html
runbox.com/
posteo.de/en
mailfence.com/
gnupg.org/
thunderbird.net/en-US/
mutt.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gentoo

mutt

None. Email, by design, isn't private.

none. no email client is private, even if you host your own, because it's gonna be communicating with other non private servers which can record your emails as much as they want. the only way to have "private" email is to send it to other trusted private servers, but that defeats the purpose of email, which is to be able to receive and send anywhere.
this desu

>the only way
>what is gpg

Imagine the smell

god i wish that were me

Alright, so what about clients? I'm gonna be connecting to gmail and outlook either way because society pretty much requires me to do it, but I don't want to use their JavaScript/data gathering web clients, at the very least.

yep, it is the only way. i can send you an encrypted file to your gmail or something, and you'll still need to be able to decrypt it. even if google in this instance doesn't know the context, it still got the information about you sending an email, your ip, timestamp, etc. you'll also need to communicate the decryption method (and keys) somehow. email doesn't work.

thunderbird is pretty alright from my experience but I'm not a hyper free and open sores expert so I'm sure some stallman worshipper will scream at me for posting this.

>you'll also need to communicate the decryption method (and keys)
key. Don't give out your private key. That's not how asymmetric encryption works.

>License: MPL 2.0
you're fine

spyware.neocities.org/articles/thunderbird.html
>you're fine, goy

HOW DOES MOZILLA KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS??

cock.li webmail

Signal on phone

How does it smell?

What is she smelling?

What's the best email hosting provider for a business?

Bump

So far Mutt and Thunderbird seem like the only options, but Mutt takes a while to set up and is CLI (which is fine for Linux) and Thunderbird collects additional data, on top of whatever Google and Microsoft collects. If I can't eliminate data collection, I would like to minimize it as much as possible, at least.

Strawberries

But that's rape

Claws

I've had a wonderful experience with Protonmail. Pricey though, unless you pick it up on a Black Friday sale.

They do not allow you to use an external mail client like thunderbird or mutt with your own gpg setup. You are forced to use the (((web client))) with their own Javascript crypto.
Protonmail also has some shady shit going on. They technically have a way of using mail clients, but it requires that you run a proprietary, closed source, nonfree daemon on your computer. Furthermore, they can and will shut you down if they feel like it. pic related.

The best choice is to self host. If you can't/don't want to do that, consider purchasing a paid runbox, posteo, or mailfence account, and using it in tandem with your system's installation of GNU Privacy Guard and a Free Software mail client
runbox.com/
posteo.de/en
mailfence.com/
gnupg.org/
thunderbird.net/en-US/
mutt.org/

Attached: ProtonmailSJW.jpg (1913x3151, 1.72M)

What do you think about Startmail?

They're clearly kowtowing so they don't get hit with one of those astroturf'd leftist boycotts. They might be weak-willed but nothing in that image proves protonmail is not secure.

>not secure
Yeah but that's like trump building a megawall, then letting in anyone who asks.