Be 8 years working experience in IT/Support/QA

>be 8 years working experience in IT/Support/QA
>applied for software QA jobs
>I have the exact experience matching job requirements
>"sorry you are not suitable"
>reapply the job a few months later
>"sorry you are not suitable"

Fuck it, i'm taking up blue collar monkey wrench jobs now. I wanna learn something new now.

Attached: thCKE1889E.jpg (800x530, 25K)

Be a plumber. Those guys make bank, and you can easily start your own business. You just have to spend your days putting up with other people's shit.

what colour is your hair and how many genders do you have

My dad used to be contractors for gov building projects, I was born too late ironically he never taught me anything much about his job despite being in contruction industry. I learned paving and installing tiles the hardware at least. This prompt me to try going into blue collar jobs now.
Brown, male. Manlet tho.

being accepted for a job isn't based solely on experience
if you lack in other areas (like fitting into that companys culture for instance) may i suggest green/7 as a starting point to force your way in via the political route

>green/7
Is the blue collar job sector affected by this ? I'm concerned. user above made sound advice by shoving shit because rainbow babies don't shovel shit.

>fitting into that companys culture
this

Stop being such a wh*teoid bitch lmaooooo

Sorry, I guess I do need some tan. Talking about tan, I do miss working under the sun, all this air conditioning indoor sucks the life out of me.

This. I have an A+, CCNA and 5 years proven experience.

Either I'm not considered or it's "not in your range of skills".

It's not fucking hard to fix call center computers.

Excellent way yo make mad cash but your body will give out by the time you're 40

oh you were serious
you really don't get it do you

Just hope I make the most of the the remaining 10 years before I hit 40, 9 to be exact. Again at least I hope to be able to shovel shit till im 50 and call it off.

I dunno, do I need to include nipple piercing ?

Just experience doesn't matter all the time. Personality and fitting into their culture equally matters, too.

>It's not fucking hard to fix call center computers.
Exactly, sometimes simple reboot solves lots of complex issues. If you work outsourced you have to deal with stubborn customer admins, that's the hardest part.

Idk man, my brother mad made bank as a plumber but it takes schooling and time to apprentice. Idk if it's worth it, he's only 42 and his back, arms, legs, all of it is shot.

Gonna love your brother life man, he got any retirement plans for the dough he made ? investments etc ? let the money roll ?

you don't know true horror, OP:
>finish CompSci degree and get a job as a programmer
>end up hating it
>switching to IT helpdesk job because "it's more laid back that programming, amirite?"
>end up hating it
worst part is
a) i like computers, and have no experience in anything else. i just hate end-users. they are complete pieces of shit in both fields.
b) i've gone through so many years of promotions that if i jump ship or switch careers my salary will be cut 40-50%+ and i'll go back to poorfaggotry

Attached: 2269754966765.jpg (322x640, 23K)

House, land, cars, wife.
He hunts and fishes, so he has lots of toys. He also gets to smoke weed all day at work.

If you don't switch jobs every two or three years in IT you miss out on alot of money. I've always made +20% at all new jobs

Are you me ?
Sounds like he's living the actual fucking life. I'm also considering doing auto tech, maybe industrial sector. Pay is low with starting apprenticeship I guess, might take some classes along the way.

Attached: the car.png (1264x1300, 1.15M)

It's kinda funny, my manager told me this same thing. My manager, who would love to not lose me. I didn't know what she was implying, but then I took the hint. I like my current company though. I'd skip on the potential added pay at another job to stay where I am and how I am.

why are you looking for generic desktop support gigs if you have a CCNA?
shouldn't that be like network admin?

>I didn't know what she was implying
Whoa boy...

>QA
Your punk ass probably only know uft

Attached: 8491A34B-4DB7-4A72-A18D-DE9404E26AFD.jpg (586x605, 56K)

Here's a tip, can you do math? Fucking become an electrician. I worked with them on a few sites, managers hate them because they cost the most per hour. If you want bank and can do math, take a trade school coarse and get certified. Hell the trade school coarse are cheap as shit.

Can't do math? Become a welder. They never have enough to fit demand.

Yeah, I don't make quite as much as I could, but I like where I'm at and it has good perks.

Electrician. Plumbing makes you wet and dirty.
If you like pipes - consider HVAC.

Did considered them, i'm jobless for like a week for now and actually had worse. So I might take these few days checking around job prospects around. The problem with electrician and welding is height, I have intense fear with height as I grew older. Water not so much, probably undersea welder ? I knew someone who do undersea welds, one job and he's in a long holiday trip until the next job calls.

That and selenium and old skool manual.

You have to remember, you can't just get a job at these, you legally have to have a cert.

Usually electricians don't even do the grunt work, you just test lines and verify hookups. You should be okay, but you will need to go on a ladder daily. I'm afraid of heights and I was okay doing similar work.

You're a dime in dozen.
What language do you use and what other tools than basic bitch shit
I'm a lead BTW....

Advice noted, some quick search I noticed the trade school courses are decently priced like user mentioned, will drop a few calls and visits to check the details out.

>You're a dime in dozen.
There is no deny in that.
>What language do you use and what other tools than basic bitch shit
Basic java, c++, c#, .net shit some game engine knowledge here and there, few of the bug report tools, then some proprietary knowledge that isn't useful in open market etc. Not much knowledge in mobile unfortunately as my interests in doing software is the lowest right now.

Lol I've been neet for over a decade thanks to it never again fuck this shitty hobby even the little work I got was aids

I used to have a neet friend. Saddest person I ever knew.

What's it like ti have no drive, no desire to do and be? I've been off work for a few months at a time and while it's fun at first the monotany gets to yo. Theirs only so much to watch before I just stagnate and find myself doing nothing at all...

Imagine the first response in this post to respond to the second user referenced. Lmao.

THIS.

Also if you pair CCNA with some kind of sysadmin you can make bank. Be a sysadmin bro. In Miami I've seen sysadmin jobs STARTING at six figures.

Start your own business as a consultant. You can take on whatever projects you want and you can negotiate the terms of your contract. It can be extremely lucrative.

Don't give up man. It's not easy but it's doable.

Honestly this is why I wanna keep this as a hobby and not a full time gig, it's draining my life. I guess getting this is a sign I should look elsewhere for career.

probably you associate home for recreation/relaxing and not work
if you do work at home you can get the same sense as if you worked at a job

Yeah look at a trade or something I'd never recommend anyone work in it.
Kept me a incel neet for years fucking hate it
Hopefully I'll get work

But all I do when I get home is cook, clean and work on projects. The drive from being at work all day keeps me amped to use what free time I have. So I use the money I have budgeted to engage in my hobbies which keep me from just laying around in Jow Forums/watching TV/gaming all day. I don't really game or watch TV as much as I used to.

Is it because of heavy lifting, or being on his knees?

You're on your knees a lot.

What's wrong with Plumbing?
Isn't electrical hard to get hired for, and what kind of Math?

Also welding gives you arc eye and I'm bad with the Heat

Will knee pads help?

Being on his knees all the time AND lifting and working over his head all day.

I'll be honest OP, if you've worked a tech job this whole time and want to switch to labor, theirs great money to be had but unless you are in great shape you are not ready to be on your feet an entire twelve hour day.

Take it from me, I went from labor to tech because their was no tech in my area when I graduated. You will be more exhausted than you have ever been in your life. Like I said, it's good money, and you can do it, but be prepared for a good year of being miserable.

Welding pays the most, the math is the very very hard, "design circuit load" kind that's particular to the industry.

Plumbing you will work very, very hard.

What about Kneepads?

When you say work very hard, is it like the video game industry level of never going home?
Or is it like working out all day?

They help, but they're not a solution. Also, get ready for dick sucking jokes, because there's a stigma with wearing them around coworkers.

No, they help they give you is minimal at best.

I don't think you have a good point of reference for what kind of strain a 40 hour labor week puts on your body.

Work an honest day, often be asked to work up to 55 hours a week. You are on your feet ALL DAY.

>if i jump ship or switch careers my salary will be cut 40-50%+
I know your pain. I too am a hostage to a good salary and great benefits, and though every day a little piece of me dies, I can't fathom the financial implications of telling them all to fuck off.

Wait, so those people proudly kill their knees?
Am I going to work with stupid?

Also is it house plumbing that you're on your knees a lot? Construction?

Think of it this way, at a tech job, you are selling your intelligence to the company. Skilled labor is skilled, that's why it pays so well, but it's still labor. You sell your labor, so you better be ready to work your ass off. I remember craving sitting down, just to sit for five minutes before I went back to working throwing wire over my head with aching shoulders and I can't stop because I'm with a team of other guys relying on me to keep at a certain pace. You have to think about shoes, what can you wear all day that won't fuck up your back. You have to wear clothes that keep you from chaffing because you are working outside in 100 degree heat or you can't fucking do your job because it's - 10 and your fingers are numb. Tech is stressful and hey, you might really like doing wiring or electrical work, but I'm telling you if you've primarily done an office job, you aren't ready to be on your feet constantly.

I discovered recently that employers and hiring firms find me extremely intimidating. When they ask questions like "what are your hobbies?" I answer, honestly, "I'm learning Mandarin Chinese, I read a lot, right now I'm building a small to-read list of classics, like Proust or Dostoevsky or whatever, but lately I've been interested in hydraulics and hydraulic system virtualization. I'm not an engineer so they way they do math is strange--they have a habit of rounding off factors if they are small influences but when you run through the whole system they tend to add up enough to at least be worth mentioning." They've usually stopped writing by about "Mandarin Chinese," written something else, and crossed something off. My plan is now to learn baseball and the major teams, major wins, weird events, etc, so I can talk about an idiot sport so I can get a fucking job. This is on the recommendation of a career counselor who said I was "unrelatable and have a [sic] intimidating presence of character." I asked her if she thought I had a disability or something and she frowned and said "no, not at all, you just make people feel stupid and lazy. You might find more success if you learn something relatable, rather than.. uh.. Chinese, or hydraulics."

Fuck people and fuck their mediocrity. I don't want to waste time learning about an idiot sport like baseball, I want to learn Mandarin. But apparently this is the only way to get employed, because relatability is more important than ability.

I don't get it, if you can save your knees, why laugh at it?

Just tone it down pal, they only want a short, maybe two sentence respond. Your overwhelming them with the long winded response. Short and sweet, enough to seem intelligent without leading on.

You don't have to study baseball, next time just say, "I'm learning Chinese, I read alot of classics like ___, and I'm intrested in taking a class on fluid dynamics"

Let them follow up for more detail on what they want. Remember, you let the interviewer lead

>Am I going to work with stupid?
Yes you will. When I was stuck with the younger guys, I didn't wear them. But when I got placed with the older/skilled team, I wore them all the time.
Housing is worse on your knees, but they're both harsh.
When you're young, you don't worry about those things. Just like you don't worry about kidney stones and liver damage at the age of 18-26. And jock mentality doesn't help.

Seen so many of these threads and replies. For years some of you here have always thought that IT was JUST fixing computers or maybe doing some small Java projects or working at a help desk taking tickets for fixing people's internet or some other low, menial tasks.

No, it's not all that. It goes extremely further. IT is everywhere. Everywhere. In ever field of business out there. Research and expand and learn about other IT-related positions out there. So I'd like to sort of encourage you guys in saying that there are lot more IT positions, and that help desk and fixing PC's aren't just it.

I think that's such an insult by the career counselor. They should be ashamed. So YOU have a passion in learning Chinese. So what? She thinks you should hide that when asked about what your hobbies are? Can't believe they told you that.

This.

Attached: 1541470256458.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

It's probably not your hobbies, but rather how you talk about them. I already have a mental image of you as a stuck-up annoying cunt just from the way you wrote this post.

ching chong lol ffrrrpp mmm yes nother borl
hming chang naowei daaaiiyyay chonk mong cling dao

bout Electronic Systems tech?

Lie

I've really considered lately just being a huge liar on the application and resume.

I've not been given interviews to jobs I have the skill set and more for and I can''t help but wonder if other applicants are just full shit and they run out of time to interview everyone and go with the "top qualified" to interview.

I've been worried I would end up in a job I couldn't do but this past year I got past over for a job that basically amounted to writing short instructional tech guides. Nothing complex or in depth just basic functionality with some webui interactivity. I use to repair this stuff for a living, watch tear down guides for fun, mod everything in my own house and life, and have worked with the simple html/javascript requirement it had since IE 2.0 and Netscape were waging war for the soul of the internet. To boot it was an internal position at a company are already worked at and do rather well at.

So I kind of think fuck it and just lie. Sure you may waste their time in an interview, but how many times have you filled out for a job you are well qualified for and not even gotten rejected face to face. How much of your time have they wasted doing that.

The more brain you use, the less physical you have to be, ideally the best jobs are those engineering and electrical design jobs where you get to work on huge R&D or install projects.

This.
But keep it believable. Lie about your experience and pay primarily. Anything they can't easily verify. Just don't get in over your head.

Lol sure pretend outsourcing didn't happen and it has entry level positions anymore (it doesn't)

you're one of those fags that spends 30 minutes reading about something and then goes on an hour tirade about it.

You seem to be under some impression that you have actually useful skills OP.
QA/tech support/IT are generally just given to young shitters that don't want much money.
Stagnation leads to decay, and you're learning it the hard way.

>>be 8 years working experience in IT/Support/QA
>>applied for software QA jobs
lie on your resume user, i mean, jew it

>"I'm learning Mandarin Chinese, I read a lot, right now I'm building a small to-read list of classics, like Proust or Dostoevsky or whatever, but lately I've been interested in hydraulics and hydraulic system virtualization. I'm not an engineer so they way they do math is strange--they have a habit of rounding off factors if they are small influences but when you run through the whole system they tend to add up enough to at least be worth mentioning."
I'd write you off right there for being a pretentious fuckwit, also apparently autistic because you don't see why that puts people off but I suspect you do know and this is just some pathetic attempt at a brag

You're not intimidating, you're autistic and can't handle even the most basic of social conversations and make everyone uncomfortable.
That you didn't realize that from what you just wrote plus the nicely worded "unrelatable+intimidating" plus your plan to memorize some retarded shit makes it even more evident.
Take one of the autism online test if you don't believe it.