Apple Failing is a good thing

Lads, take this

It seems to me that most Silicon Valley devs use gaybooks at work, because it's unix based unlike winblows and just werks unlike loonix and their big companies can field the $$ for them. Imagine for a second that Aplel crashes and burns. What will all those basedboys do? Will they convert to winblows, or will Ubloatu take off? They will probably mass convert to Ubloatu because I can't imagine pajeets quickly reprogramming windows to be unix-based. THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE LOONIX DESKTOP LADS

Attached: npc_os.png (1177x1024, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/larryosterman/2005/06/24/why-is-the-dos-path-character/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. They will move to Windows.

I can't dev on winblows, i like BASH too much

Attached: bash.png (512x512, 24K)

Dev on windows is absolute shit

Devs just use their comfybookpros to access centOS or debian servers anyways. Nobody writes code on their laptop aside from kids and self-taught retards.

Also, apple ain't going anywhere

a) correct

b) wrong

c) correct but one can hope

Ok fair a lot of devs do write code on their laptops. But I've only worked on teams that write code on servers VMs ect. So all I do is use macOS to ssh which is actually a great setup

>server VM's
you d-don't use that p-production d-do you a-user?

I use OSX for work and it's aight. The fact that IntelliShit just werks is comfy, and airdrop is pretty comfy indeed. But honestly, the fact that it's a walled garden OS + the fact that you need a (non-native) package manager (brew) to install some useful shit is just gay man. I know it's bloat, but apt is so much better than brew. Plus the default OSX command line looks gay, no one wants a black on white screen.

Attached: pepe_computer.jpg (1000x800, 301K)

I only write code on production user, its literally for producing

I agree with all you said. Also, there is no legitimate excuse for soldering hardware components which pisses me off to no end. Generally, I still prefer OSX even though brew is shit. I own only apple products (routers, watch, tv, phone, etc) and everything integrates seamlessly which is nice

>servers are VM's
this has to be bait

derp I just typed that fast and didnt double check before posting

Nobody is going to switch to Windows, that shit is unusable.

but is that a good thing? How are we going to contain the influx of silicon valley (some asian bean)boys trying to put their CoC(k)'s into our turf and our catgirls?

what is this autism

Forks if you want. If you're too stupid to maintain a distro then you shouldn't complain.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep well knowing that my distro is being developed by trannies

iToddlers about to live in a cardboard box

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-02 Peter Brandt on Twitter.png (1562x846, 407K)

That's why I said fork it, retard.

Macos and intellij is pretty much what the entire industry uses. You can use a lincucks distro with a de but masos os better

But muh Visual Studio Debugger :-{

>wasting my precious after-work time to maintain a distro
nah I would rather let the basedboys at canonical do that

Silicon Valley is full of rich retards, literal retards. People with way too much money who dont deserve it. The Juicero is a testament to the Silicon Valley attitude and I personally hope that Cali straight up burns. I hope Trump caves to the migrants and they all go into Cali. I hope business collapses. I cant wait.

Then stop bitching about more willing people "taking over" distros.

The only way Linux will be able to compete on the big market is if a company comes out and actually makes dedicated Linux laptops/desktops that aren't chunky pieces of plastic.
I know that there are companies that sell Linux machines, but they're all ugly and have zero design language.
What would be really needed is a product with a good design and fully open dedicated distro.
This is the only scenario where Linux could become a thing on the current market.
This is the only way that you could sell Linux to normies, fully optimized machines to push the market, all distros would profit from that.

What about Chromebooks? Google already made Linux dominant in the mobile market, they can do the same for the desktop market.

what about Ubuntu? It's a pretty good linux OS that pretty much just werks.

Chrome OS is closed source that can only run Linux software in a VM.
I'm talking about an actual GNU/Linux solution, not just some megacorp making a OS that is based on it but really doesn't have much to do with it anymore.
Ubuntu would be the first company that comes to mind to release some halfway decent machines, too bad they fucked it all up with their retarded phone that nobody wanted and now are too scared to get into hardware again.

Needs the support of hardware manufacturers.

>Chrome OS is closed source that can only run Linux software in a VM.
You should say GNU/Linux if that is what you mean, because ChromeOS is Linux, in the sense that any OS that uses Linux is Linux.

Make shitty hardware, get your ass rammed.
Apple need a REAL workstation.
Something square, big, with fans that don't die in 6 months and it's fully upgradeble and repairable.

>Apple need a REAL workstation.
No, Apple just needs to die.

Only if macOS goes free first. It's the only usable OS.

>AIDS ridden manchild version of BSD
>usable

Hi, winjeet. Still shilling here I see.

>OSX
>only usable OS
grow up, you should be able to work without handholding by now

It hasn't been OS X (said as "ten") for years. And why do you think this is about handholding? macOS has professional software support in a fully POSIX compliant Unix operating system. No other OS can claim that. It's far better than GNU or BSD, let alone the flaming garbage that is Windows.

No, but it's the only somewhat useable OS with good commercial software, that much is true.

It's Unix.

Yeah lets just get rid of the last stronghold of white American hardware design and let the chinks take over the entire industry.

If it goes free it will either stagnate and nobody will develop software for it anymore or it will be taken over by open source faggotry and become just as bad as linux.

>aplel
>white

>walled garden OS
>you can't install many open-source tools
>can't fuck around with the hardware

Attached: genius_pajeet.png (813x1402, 369K)

I agree that open source misses the point of free software, but the original source will always be there if it goes free.
Which tools specifically? Don't dance around this like you always do.
This isn't about hardware, retard. Why are you so stupid?

I dare you to find another consumer tech company that comes even close to this.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 11.09.56 PM.png (2050x2122, 1.92M)

Wait a minute, why are there so many Italians?

>you d-don't use that p-production d-do you a-user?
Are you implying that any corporate users actually maintain server instances running OSX? Of course not, so why wouldn’t you at the very least be compiling and booting your server code on a box that looks like one that it’ll actually be running on?

>t. on second work Mac

Attached: 65611250-B9BA-4F25-95D9-CBA6C1B89B42.jpg (4032x3024, 2.18M)

Because they're the next best thing to the Aryan race.

Attached: Hitler_and_Mussolini_June_1940.jpg (2752x2062, 988K)

>what is cygwin

I dare you to take your poo to the loo.

Attached: 1515246287486.jpg (643x960, 256K)

there's no such thing as a "native" package manager, and neither are platforms with app stores inherently walled gardens

Unusable garbage.

Never had any problem with it. Are you that same retard I argued with last week that thought it was a Linux emulator?

You first.

Attached: image-2.jpg (1000x544, 180K)

>muh default command line colours
nigga u lazy and or gay

>which tools specifically
I tried installing a tiling manager. It worked like it wasn't there. Emacs is version 22.1 from 2007. All the variables are fucked up. Impossible to install Xcode without a stupid ass installer. Heck, in order to be able to use git you need to install pieces of Xcode.

tl;dr mac OS is for retarded weed-smoking """""""artistic directors"""""""" and spoiled liberal basedboys

Attached: pathetic.jpg (953x1282, 110K)

>I tried installing a tiling manager. It worked like it wasn't there.
I use a tiling window manager, as do many others. It isn't that hard.
>Emacs is version 22.1 from 2007.
Because after that is GPLv3, which Apple and other BSDs do not support. You can manually update if you want.
>All the variables are fucked up.
I said specifically.
>Impossible to install Xcode without a stupid ass installer.
More of an issue with Xcode.
>Heck, in order to be able to use git you need to install pieces of Xcode.
So what?
>tl;dr mac OS is for retarded weed-smoking """""""artistic directors"""""""" and spoiled liberal basedboys
Says the retard who couldn't update Emacs or install a window manager. You sure are an authority here.

>having to update emacs instead of having it come with a modern version

what tiling manager do you use that it works normally?

>i said specifically
it all happened so long ago, you expect me to remember?

and none of the tools above are native and developed for mac, all tiling managers are bastardizations since you can't actually disable the default GUI on mac os.

>All the variables are fucked up.
What does that even mean? That you're baby ducked to the way one operating system does it so everything else is "fucked up?" It's like listening to onion eaters bitching about Windows.

>and none of the tools above are native and developed for mac
No free software is "native" to anything, you fucking idiot. Emacs was originally ran on fucking 36-bits for Christ's sake.

why the fuck does windows use a backslash instead of a forward slash in dir paths?

>>having to update emacs instead of having it come with a modern version
I already told you why it uses an old version, as do all BSDs.
>what tiling manager do you use that it works normally?
ChunkWM.
>it all happened so long ago, you expect me to remember?
If it is such a point of contention for you, yes.
>and none of the tools above are native and developed for mac
You're new to free software, I see.
>all tiling managers are bastardizations since you can't actually disable the default GUI on mac os.
You wouldn't know the first thing about Aqua.

Because of MS-DOS' origins as a CP/M-like, and because Kildall probably liked it that way or was inspired by something even earlier.

Decided to Google this afterwards and I'm technically wrong, since CP/M didn't really have any notion of subdirectories, the reason was more that '/' was already commonly used as a switch character for passing command-line arguments and so it was unsuitable for DOS when subdirectories were added, and this practice was eventually carried over to NT.

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/larryosterman/2005/06/24/why-is-the-dos-path-character/

This is just blatantly false.

Recently on a fresh ubuntu 18.04 LTS box I tried to:
-Enable VNC so I could connect remotely (from a windows machine)
-Setup an anonymous samba share

Both of these are 'just werks' tier in windows, and both of these have GUI ways to do this in ubuntu (with the right packages installed...). They both failed miserably using the GUI options in ubuntu, with unhelpful or frequently no errors. It took me several hours for each (read - a few weeks of screwing with it after work). Normies would have no chance. Ubuntu is shit.

It's not hard to set up SMB, retard. Just enable and start with systemd.

>just do the basic steps and it works

Yeah, thanks, but I tried that and ran into issues, otherwise what would I have to complain about? Think before you post.

And since you're such a fucking genius, what do you do when samba keeps throwing access denied message despite the samba guest user having full permissions to the folder?

How would I know how to troubleshoot your mistakes if I can't know how you got to them in the first place? Take your own advice and think before you post.

>schiller
Come on now
Dont even give me that shit

>uses parade of pajeets as good reason
based and retarded

>he wants to use a router as his workstation
>they even have an os called ios
its like pottery, it rhymes

What are you on about now, winjeet?

>if I can't know how you got to them in the first place?
Except you do. I installed samba, right clicked on a folder in ubuntu, and picked 'share this' (+ checked the 'allow other users to create and delete files' and 'allow guests'). If this sounds familiar...
>these have GUI ways to do this in ubuntu (with the right packages installed...). They both failed miserably using the GUI options in ubuntu

But of course, since you're such a big brain, and ubunutu just werks, I'm sure the problem I was having is obvious to you. And you definitely aren't going to dodge the issue like a bitch because ubuntu is fucking trash. Definitely not.

Stop using some retarded GUI and do it the proper way.

nigga im posting from a thinkpad running ubuntu. dont call me no winigger.
as for the joke: BSD is an os for routers. macos is based on bsd. apple also makes an os called ios. cisco's literal router os (based on bsd) is also called ios.
its called a joke, nigger

I know what you meant, it's just retarded.

Oh, you dodged the question because ubuntu is worthless garbage. What-a-twist. Of course, this all started with
>what about Ubuntu? It's a pretty good linux OS that pretty much just werks.
So saying >Stop using some retarded GUI and do it the proper way.
is pretty fucking retarded in the first place. But hey, I knew you were retarded going into this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Incedentially, that was my next step. I manually configured the smb.conf file. The user samba was mapping guests to owned the folder I was trying to share (and it was 777 anyway), but I was still getting permission denied. Of course, I'm sure that since I was doing it the "proper way" you can easily tell me what the issue was. Right?

You weren't doing it the proper way. Just enable and start it with systemd like I said. Easy. But you're just dumb as fuck.

If you don't use what I use you're retarded.

/thread

>just enable it and start it with systemd like I said.
...without specifying a folder to share? Are you actually mentally disabled?

That is apeshit.
I gone from Linux back to w10 because of stable drivers. Powershell is now almost bash, docker is okay, I can run and build c code, I can do ssh it's all fine and not totally gay like macos

You think I know what you want to share? Think before you post.

You mad? Every big software runs either on Linux servers or is some program for windows. All engeniiering software runs on windows

Engineers are brainlets.

Literally a cuck or gay or cuck gay filled board

someone should put the star of david next to each of the pics.

i resemble that remark

Johnathan Ive is the only one there that doesn't look gay desu.

lol, okay.
You've moved the goal posts or ignored every point in this "discussion".
All your replies have been almost immediate and you're repeatedly mimicking my insults so you're clearly SEETHING because someone had valid criticisms of something you like.

In any event, I've made my point that ubunut is completely fucking worthless and definitely not
>a pretty good linux OS that pretty much just werks.
You've also done a great job of showing what a dumpster fire the average ubuntu user is.

Well, I'm going to go now. Feel free to reply to this and get the 'last word' if it makes you feel better, as I'll be closing this thread after this reply. Stay seething o7

>moved the goal posts
I don't think you know what that means.
>In any event, I've made my point that ubunut is completely fucking worthless and definitely not
>a pretty good linux OS that pretty much just werks.
You claimed that, not me.

So you've never used it, I see.

Sure have.

Attached: Ubuntu Totem cannot play.png (1024x768, 417K)