What are the honest pros and cons?

Attached: librem5-gnome-kde-diversity-1024x603.jpg (1024x603, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BWC72y0cUJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Objective Cons: Lesser performing, sub standard internal hardware. An unfortunate necessity to escape botnet
Possible Cons: Poor common software support (no apk port)
Hypothetical Pros: Basically everything besides the listed cons. Bezeled with a durable plastic back so I don't feel like I'm holding a fucking precious jewel when I'm computing and communicating on the go. Headphone jack. USB type C. Removable battery. *Removable processor*. A hardware kill switch. GENTOO CAN BE INSTALLED TO ITS BARE METAL
I could go on and on. This thing seems like a seriously well polished diamond in a sea of unanimous trash

Attached: gentoo merch.png (493x511, 167K)

It would be literally perfect if it were a slider desu.

Straigh white DE
vs
Gay black DE

>removable processor
Ok this isn't real, is it?

the only reason normal phone CPUs aren't changeable is because they integrate the baseband as a SOC. This means the baseband has full access to your CPU. Obviously I don't have to explain why this is inherently bad for privacy and security.

when you say "removable" people think you mean socketed.
obviously if you need to buy a hot air machine to desolder it then that isn't very removable

kys

It's made by purple haired trannies. If you believe this bullshit then you deserve to get CoCd.

Attached: Screenshot_20190103-071839_YouTube.jpg (1440x764, 436K)

>Possible Cons: Poor common software support (no apk port)
Android port is not impossible. In fact i expect it to happen.

>the only people making a free as in freedom phone (to the extent it's possible) are "purple haired trannies"
Maybe they're not too bad. Why aren't virile conservative white men making one? Because they're botnet cucks?

>implying notch

needs snapdragon 855 and 12gb of ram with blowerfan and a product called turboboost that is just a controller case so when you're hacking the gibson it just works

Overpriced

>Removable processor
oh shit didn't see this part.

>needs Qualcomm botnet
kys

Stalin's dream.

nah kill switches are worth it for peace of mind.
alexa can't hear you crying in the toilet at hardees

Hurr Durr
vs
Herp Derp

lenovo is doing it. lenovo can do no wrong.

Attached: 600x338Snapdragon-855-ve-12gb-RAM-li-canavar-Lenovo-Z5-Pro-GT.jpg (600x338, 41K)

Thanks shill, you've pushed me to the not interested side. As if all the rest of the fake ass replies weren't enough.

>hurr durr chinkshit is doing it

Lenovo ruined Thinkpads.

>implying I care if you're interested
>implying you care if I care
>implying this exchange isn't retarded and useless

Pros:
it's a gnu/linux phone

Cons:
it's a gnu/linux phone

This phone is DOA and trannies are not getting any shekels

>outdated as fuck hardware
>meme os that's going to be a shitshow
>$600

Attached: 1546235940653.png (1205x961, 986K)

Man, gaming be epic as hell.

>implying that's exclusive to pur.ism
You're blind, user. They're everywhere

Gnome would not suck on a phone. I would use a gnome phone.

*Krashes* on your phone.

Cons
>600$ for the specs
The CPU and screen are fine, but 3GB RAM and 32GB storage kinda sucks. The way it is now it's not really worth more than 400-450$ when Pine64 is making a 100-150$ Linux phone.

Conservatives by definition want thing to remain the same.

you dont need more than 3gb on linux desktop you dumb bitch

>diversity
Can people stop virtue signalling for one fucking second? Its become sad and grotesque

>5.7" screen

>Gnome 3

1. It's GNOME
2. You need 4GB on any device because browsers eat RAM
3. More RAM is always better because of caching
4. You'll have the ability to dual boot this shit or use android instead of GNU
5. This thing can be docked and used as a desktop, which means you need as much RAM as you'd want on a desktop which ideally is 6GB if you want this to be future proof

this.
gibs physical keyboard

Because the intelligent ones are doing other things. Trannies are just the first to market. If there is a market for it, white men will make a better one. Trannies are good for testing new markets. They’re willing to go against all odds and do something incredibly stupid based on their feelings. Just look at them.

this

I have preordered one and I'm quite stoked - I really hope they can deliver everything as promised.
It will be my first phone since the Snowden leaks.

How i will use tiling wm on it?

A minimum that I would consider in 2019 is 16 GB.

4GB is fine if you have a dedicated GPU, otherwise 6GB is fine and will be for at least 4 more years.

>pros
gnome
>cons
kde

Anyone here get a devkit?

Attached: file1539881124897-768x432.jpg (768x432, 91K)

Logitech K780.
>full sized keyboard
>Bluetooth with three device pairings
>has a place to rest a phone or tablet and enough mass to not tip over when doing so
Sliders are a meme compared to modern touch keyboards.

If you're doing anything on your fucking telephone that requires a nontrivial amount of RAM, you should do us all a favor and kill yourself right now.

Attached: georgecostanza.jpg (250x250, 6K)

The PostmarketOS guys are already working on getting Anbox (Android in a box, via LXC) working on GNU/Linux phones. Once that's done a port to the Librem 5 is trivial.

its really just browsers. there are no good browsers but that goes double for phones.

>What is a web browser?

If you surf the wob on your fucking telephone, you should do us all a favor and kill yourself right now.
Love how neocancer just assumes I must have misspoke or forgotten something obvious.

I've been browsing the web and using SSH on phones since WinMo6 you turd burglar.

>600$
>3g 32gb
What a joke.

Economies of scale are a thing. $600 is remarkable given that the old Novena Kosagi was twice that for far worse specs. You're paying a bigger chunk of R&D costs per unit, not just the raw hardware, and all that work is going upstream.

if you don't "surf" the web on a phone then you might as well throw it away

Keep in mind that you're also paying to support an organization that cares about freedom and is fighting the entire world to bring usable products into existence.
You're buying far more than just a phone and it"s hardware specs.
Freedom is more important than capability, comfort, and convenience.

thats wrong though, they aren't even libretards that's just marketing. It's better than the rest but it is not primarily an ideological organization.

>Trannies
>Caring about freedom

watch
youtube.com/watch?v=BWC72y0cUJQ
As far as I can tell, you are very incorrect.

I'm willing to look past that if the phone delivers on what it promises, I hate trannies and CoC but it's preferable to botnet glowing cia niggerware

Attached: IMG_1403.png (618x968, 530K)

I actually like some of those features though.

>no VHS
No.

>*Removable processor*
Is it removable in development kit only or in the Librem 5 itself as well?