Oh yeah, you cannot ask for more comfyness

Oh yeah, you cannot ask for more comfyness.

Attached: 1512088299830.png (455x570, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/398473629/#398474735
youtu.be/njgvDHUjhBk?t=201
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I get anxiety just looking at that shit. How is that even mounted? What's the chances it falls and crushes your head?

I took my precautions.

like what man that roof shit isn't as strong as a wall is.

dude, you're dead if that falls on top of you. You better be damn sure it's secured.

real sword of damocles shit you've got going on

>the TV might be secure
but what about the dry wall?

This is like the RAID 0 of monitor placements. Cool as shit and convenient until it fucking breaks EVERYTHING

Attached: file.png (960x469, 493K)

It's like you want blood clots

depends on how it falls. You would likely be fine unless you're an infant or small child.

>until it fucking breaks EVERYTHING
including OP

Why would you even risk this?

ts okay guys I took all precautions besides i didn't installed myself.

>those wires
>20 pound TV on the roof

As long as it's mounted like most ceiling fans are, it shouldn't be too bad, right?

no its gonna fall you're done my dude :( stay safe pls dont get hit by tv

Can you fucking explain your precautions? Do your trust your craigslist ass repairman to make sure your life is safe? Did you inspect their work?

look at the size of it. In the worst case scenario, it would hit you flat on the face.

OP, i need to know more about your life and decision making. start by filling out the following:

1. Age:
2. Fortnite Name:
3. Location:
4. Known Disorders:
5. Favorite Anime:
6. Extent of Figurine Collection

Also, more pictures of your room would be ideal.

Attached: 1541727907358.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

Wasnt a Craiglist guy job, but a Friend of the Family who is used to DIY stuff he uses Multiple Industrial Screws.

if it's securely mounted on the framing you're fine. If any of it is mounted to just sheetrock you're in for a bad time

see this, it doesn't matter what kind of screws are used if it's just drilled into sheetrock but your guy probably knows better

Holy shit I've always wanted to do this, well done. Is it as good as you imagined?

Somewhat yes.

it could be Worse if I had to do it myself and Improvise.

Attached: 1504805307733.jpg (497x544, 174K)

>6. Extent of Figurine Collection
Technically, one. They're all hot glued together.

Okay, so assuming that everything is fine, but what if everything is not fine?

If an object that weighs about 20 pounds is dropped from a height of 10 feet (assuming 10 feet + 2 feet (from bed) makes it 12 feet, average cieling height), then the velocity just before the impact is 7.729 m/s.... That means you have an average impact force of 2709.79788 newtons of force on your head. To crush a skull you need 2200 newtons. So if IT DOES happen, you are certainly dead.

>have to look STRAIGHT up
Just tried this laying down in bed and it was very uncomfortable. I can't imagine how bad it'd be for long stretches of time. Having it somehow be visible from 45-60 degree angle would be much better than the 90 you have there

>hotglued together
why

Attached: 1528795274441.jpg (4000x2666, 3.98M)

A sudden spasm in his left causes the table move only a couple inches, a couple inches enough to have a 35 lbs monitor fall directly on his head.

>Just tried this laying down in bed and it was very uncomfortable
>Just tried this
Hi autist;

>Having it somehow be visible from 45-60 degree angle would be much better than the 90 you have there
OP you might take his recommendation anyway, at least your legs get fucked instead of your head if you move you bed some

Well, ill sleep with a Helmet then Problem solve.

Why am I autistic? I'm already laying in bed so all I had to do was turn onto my back. Looking straight up while laying in bed sucks.

okay, ill reconsider this.

is that enough to kill him?

That is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever seen.

next gen vr

hahahahahah imagine going to your friends house and he's browsing Jow Forums and has a fucking retard helmet on.

Attached: 10-10.jpg (1142x1080, 134K)

To top it off, did it never occur to you to use a projector? Like, ever?

or just take it apart and make a lighter or no housing at all

>bumps table
oh sorry bro you ok?

Fat lazy slob, the Jow Forums edition.

No.

that's disgusting, I don't get why people defile figurines like this
same with plushies of any kind

Nope.....

It's fine. The guy on craigslist assured me the drywall will hold up to 80 pounds because he used the blue drywall sinks.

Pretty sure that 80 lbs rating isn't for the ceiling...

>trusting a guy from craigslist

Attached: sad.png (1042x1006, 503K)

Who the fuck besides total faggot man children even has a figurine? Let alone gives a shit about how they are treated.

80 lbs shear strength, says right there on the package.

Are we just going to ignore the fact this faggot wants to use a retard helmet just to browse Jow Forums?

the kind of people that Jow Forums was meant for
i.e. not you

How the fuck is that /comfy/? Who the fuck looks straight up at the ceiling when sleeping?

Fair enough. I'm going back to shacknews.

underrated post.

holy fucking kek

put me in the screencap for helmet user

its okay just ill use the Helmet to sleep only.

depending on how it falls, it's likely to hit the headboard on one side, angling it and sending the force directly through your rib cage. alternatively it could break your fucking neck, or maybe fall down perfectly flat and just leave you with a broken nose and some bruises.

Oh okay let me go ahead and fix that picture for you then.

Attached: retard-helmet-sleep.jpg (1142x1080, 73K)

I did the approxmiate math. It would crush your skull if it landed on your head with nothing in the way.

I literally feel the sensation of being under something that is about to fall on me just by looking at this photo. This photo makes me more uncomfortable than those "sweaty palm" photos of people doing dangerous parkour.

based and helmetpilled

Finally an easyviewer idea more retarded than the shitpost helmet appears!

Attached: OP's shitposting helmet.png (707x786, 38K)

your math assumes that the television itself is solid and absorbs no shock, which it certainly will unless the screen is glass. I can see a neck impact killing him by means of crushed esophagus but otherwise it's just going to be broken bones and pain.

Okay, Everyone,i had my Fun the Pic is not mine.

but From a /v/ thread from 2017.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/398473629/#398474735

Good Night Everyone!

Thank you for all you care for me Btw :)

Attached: 1512089125812.png (1893x973, 369K)

>mfw this guy is a "sysadmin" and raid 0's a windows server for a high school

youtu.be/njgvDHUjhBk?t=201

where is your god now?

Honestly I was seriously considering this with my 47'' CRT but I'm just not sure if it's safe

>Even our TVs are trying to kill us

Attached: 1542163490896.jpg (493x637, 88K)

why don't you made one where the Tv finally falls and Kill me already mate.

My head hurts just looking at this board some times, I can't really blame him

You have to factor in surface area. If it hits you completely flat you will be fine since the force is distributed over much more of your body than just your skull. Look up shear stress.

I have 6 televisions mounted to walls in my house and none of them have ever fallen. Why do people act like it's any more dangerous to mount them to the ceiling? The trusses are way stronger than the walls so if anything it's even more secure.

>real sword of damocles shit you've got going on
>just a plastic 30 pound TV
In the days when home theater's were analog, and men were men, the best seat in the house was the "damocles seat". Over your head, a CRT projector made of metal, heavy 9 inch lenses, and weighing over 200 pounds.

This lift is how you would even get it to the ceiling to mount. Hope there is no metal fatigue in the mount and your ceiling sound.

Attached: Marquee_4.jpg (735x508, 108K)

Wtf user. At your age, the only thing that should belong on the ceiling is a mirror

I don't want to die the same way as those Fellows in that Chucky movie so No.

It was a view to die for

True.
The ceilings and all the lights and shit in them in most large buildings you go into are hanging by skinny ass wires you twist onto the rafters or shittily shoot into the concrete above.
A TV mount screwed into the framing above is plenty strong.

Attached: Drywall Grid System With Drop.jpg (600x337, 141K)

there is no plenum in a home. It's just an attic. the stuff above you is very weak. Now there does exist framing, assuming there are screws into the wood frame you would be fine, otherwise you're not fine at all.

fucking hell I've been trying to find this pic for ages

You are Welcome!

I hope this thread gets a screencap!

These are what make up the roof of a typical Western house. They're probably the most structurally secure part of your home. Even if the walls collapse, these bitches will simply fall to the ground undamaged.

Attached: 1543207241633.jpg (2946x1255, 664K)

And that's just the weight. Take off the cover. See those radiation warning symbols? Projection CRTs are driven very hard for max light output, lots of stray radiation from the HV levels used for that kind of beam. Leave the leaded cover in place.

Attached: Marquee_image02.jpg (640x480, 157K)

*sits down on table*
>are ya winning, son?

This has actually happened to people. I remember hearing about some poor faggot who tried this with a CRT. He mounted it so it was balanced on some shit (two wooden chairs IIRC) and laid underneath on the floor. But the retard shifted positions or something and bumped one of the chairs; the monitor fell down and crushed his head like a watermelon.

Prefab trusses on site-built homes are extremely rare, user

Projector CRTs are some of the last batshit crazy things that was ever sold to regular consumers, today right now people freak out over cellphone radiation.
Almost makes me want one for a fully analog home theater

>the monitor fell down and crushed his head like a watermelon.
how heavy do you think monitors are? if you balanced it on some fucking chairs 30 cm above you you wouldn't even get injured

ok mister smartass why don't you let someone hover a 68lb CRT a foot or two over your face and drop the shit if you think you'll have no injures

Just VESA ur shit on the wall by the bed

Attached: IMG_20190103_074836.jpg (4128x3096, 718K)

I was reading a home theater CRT pj forum where an experienced tech mentioned he had multiple suspicious chest lesions, visible on Xrays, after aligning many of these things at close range with the lid off.

It's a buyers market for the old beasts. Ones like that Marquee can do 1080p with a few tweaks and cost about $50k new, but now a few 100 at best. The contrast ratio, the true blacks, kept them in the running until surprisingly recent times until digital stuff caught up more and more.

>seen a lot of stupid on the internet in my time
>then see this

The internet never disappoints and is always bountiful kek

Living life on the edge!

I have dropped a few CRTs on myself actually, although not on my head

That's a lot of mommy and daddy money.

why do people do this
who are they showing it off to
nobody is impressed

>small earthquake at night
>dies

This is very impressive.

Themselves? Jesus Christ, just be glad they don't live in typical otaku squalor.

Attached: lair.jpg (1280x988, 278K)

Not sure about op but in mounting the projector screen at the end of my bed I just used four eye screws through the 1/4 inch ply. Works fine but I wouldn't trust it for a TV over my head