He got a degree in CS instead of getting a double major in CS and math

>he got a degree in CS instead of getting a double major in CS and math
It's like you want to have limited career choices and become a code monkey

Attached: 1525519286424.png (600x661, 750K)

>wasting an extra year and a half at university when you could be using it to make 300k

code monkeys don't make 300k a year

They seem to think math is some esoteric useless thing and they fail to realize math better prepares people for critical thinking, problem solving and optimization than a CS degree can.

Someone who can successfully get a math degree has proven they can learn complex rigorous things, and thus can pick up whatever they need on the job by self learning it in an afternoon on google.

salt

Attached: 1546485980.png (1655x889, 119K)

>thinking you need a CS degree to get those jobs

Ok, show me your Math degree and a Google hat.

How feasible is it to go back and get the second degree after already having been in the workforce for a few years?

Math + CS is objectively better than CS

Math majors can become data scientists, or financial analysis and a plethora of other options which all pay more than CS.

Math by itself is stupid unless you want to go into academia (nothing wrong with that) but math + anything else is patrician tier.

The salt in this thread will only come from CS majors who were too stupid to do any math course past discrete II or calc II

Let me repeat that since it's true
>The salt in this thread will only come from CS majors who were too stupid to do any math course past discrete II or calc II

Sure enjoy wasting another 1.5 years getting your degree while I'm making 200k at Facebook for a braindead codemonkey job.

That 1.5 years translates to double the pay you retard.

just fucking finish your degree

Sure it does. Any yet none of you ever show any proof.

>doxxing yourself to desalt CSfags

>larping on the internet to ease the pain of being a high school math teacher

>high school math teacher is the only career option for people with math degrees
Ok nigger

I've yet to see any evidence to the contrary the 10 years I've been here.

>what are actuarians
>what are data scientists
>what are quants
>what are investment bankers

>what are actuarians
Make way less than the average codemonkey.
>what are data scientists
CS PhDs, if you are talking about actual data scientists and not monkeys who just run SQL queries all day. Look up the authors of all the top research papers.
>what are quants
>what are investment bankers
Those jobs are for the top 0.1%, none of which go on this shithole. Plenty of CS people also do them.

>being this ignorant

"I am a retard who doesn't know what he is talking about" would have sufficed.

Sure, keep on larping.

What's with all the math fags looking for validation recently, is it exam time?

You don't need an addition to math to do a lot of the data science or financial analysis stuff
just a math degree is fine for outside of academia also

>double major in CS and math

take the major that overlaps with all the useful parts of math major, and add back in the useless parts

Much better to save the additional time and money you'd spend on double majoring and put that towards an mba

dumb mathies cope

>what are actuarians
actuarians aren't a thing

>not just majoring in math
Pleb

Wew

I am only adding CS to my degree since employers are normies and think math = esoteric BS

It really bugs me when CSfags struggle with calc II and discrete II and therefore think their degree is just as hard as a math degree

I took calc II in high school and got an A or A+ in all of my math and physics requirements. Nice projection.

So you never did a math course harder than calc II discrete II or linear algebra?

Of course I did.

>school doesn't let you count same class for both majors

Attached: 1524882207459.png (469x480, 117K)

Whats the hardest math course you took

the math classes are the easiest parts of a CS degree, the first 3 years of undergrad math is so easy it should be taught in high school

dumb mathie

>Did Computer engineering program
>Calc I,II,III, diffy eq, statistics, lin I, lin II, discrete, numerical analysis, numerical methods

Why the fuck would I need more math classes than this? plus I took signal processing, fluid mechanics, and some meme AI. Honestly think I unironically have a better math knowledge than the meme math majors (classes in science department), their classes are poverty in comparison to the engineering department math. Basically math majors are like poverty engineering

Its pointless, you can put that time double majoring into your master's degree

>being this retarded
What shit school did you go to?
Also assuming this isnt bait, any 4th year math course is harder than any CS course

t. code monkey

>calling any undergrad material hard
you realized undergrad courses are designed for teenagers whos brains haven't even fully developed yet right?

if this is bait, well played, enjoy the (you)

Otherwise you are a brainlet

t. Future grad students.

You're aware you can take your master's in a different major?

this. double math and cs is pointless when you could take one as undergrad and the other for your masters