Whats wrong with free messaging services

like what is wrong with using applications for free and allowing the companies to take some info and sell information about you it's not like you edgy nerds have anything important to keep to yourself.

Attached: 246x0w.jpg (246x246, 7K)

>if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear :)
based retard

That argument is more as retarded as saying: “I don’t have any political opinions, so I guess I don’t need freedom of speech.”

I’d rather pay fifteen dollars per month and know my data is not sold for a chat application. And if fifteen dollars per month is too expensive for non-necessary, recreational application, you might want to ask yourself how you got in a position where 15 dollars per month is a lot of money and get a job.

Some of us have actual useful things to spend money on. Why would I pay $15 for a chat program...every month? I bet you donate to Wikipedia too.

Don't worry, one day you will grow up and maybe move out of your parents house and start to make your own money. Once you're financially independent you can spend money on literally anything you want! You should try getting a job, manchild.

>manchild.
roastie spotted

Because I never agreed to this, and you didn't ask. And don't think hiding some BS in a service agreement or use policy counts as more than a fart in an actual court of law.

Why would you be okay with that when you can use a different application also for free and not have your data harvested

You should read those
I dont disagree with you, but you should really read those.

I know what I get into when I use discord, I will continue to use it if it suits my needs and is worth it. Windows is something I will use until it isn't worth it. Dumping chrome soon because it's not worth it anymore.
Data tracking is getting creepy.

James Gunn had nothing important to keep yet the angry twitter mob decided to witch hunt him and he was fired from job because of 10 year old tweet. It's not like it was a botnet or something, just internet history. Now imagine what full history of your personality could do to you. It's not like you are a celebrity -- yeah, you're right, but you just can't know if this data will or will not be used against you.
You can imply you're just a "simple worker" or "fair citizen" and nobody gives a fuck about you, but everyone says so, yet every time a little part of people face the reality after which they begin to speak very different. But of course you will never be that little part, right?

pic related to add more autism and pathos

Attached: png.jpg (2901x1215, 147K)

Haha lets use discord, the hottest latest messaging app with emojis and stickers and mods and rules for each room and 100 other quirky features no one uses. Make something that would usually use a couple of mb into 1 gb with all that useless shit that no one needs. Give me plain old chat function and voicechat. I dont need your bloat shit and i dont want to waste my time creating an account for something so horrendously idiotic. Just use fucking teamspeak and never worry about a thing again.

Mickey's pants again!

>I dont need your bloat shit
And if you don't need something then nobody needs it, right? It's automatically bloat.

Imagine not being able to crypt your own messages on discord

>other quirky features noone uses
???????

"free"

>it's not like you edgy nerds have anything important to keep to yourself.
If you have nothing to hide it means people do not trust you with their secrets.

> b... but... If I pay for something it can't be botnet r...right?
kek

This

Attached: 865436548.jpg (750x651, 78K)

Jow Forums will always take the bait .

>Imagine not being able to crypt your own messages on discord
What is gpg?

back to Jow Forums retard

lol

Attached: though_police.jpg (532x800, 155K)

>if you don't like me dumping my stormincel memes in a thread that has no relevance to it you're le reddit
back to Jow Forums retard

it's ok to be white

absolutely true

The privacy stuff is pretty bad, but the thing that actually annoys me the most is the meme advertising, it's so in your face. Gamer culture just gets more and more obnoxious and retarded to me. I wanted to believe in discord when it first came out since it seemed like a better alternative to skype, but this got so obnoxious so fast. I remember at one point suggesting to my dad that we could try using discord instead of skype, and even to him all the gaymer shit was so cringey so I told him we can just use something else. I just started using free alternatives that do everything I need them to.

People keep arguing that discord is where everyone is and even if there are free alternatives like matrix or rocketchat, they don't have all the cool meme servers they can join on discord. Every server I have been on has sucked, it's always vapid retards who have never introspected and cannot talk about anything besides memes video games anime or one of their narrow interests. The only thing I pay for is rocketchat which I use to host my own server, and I am not paying for rocketchat rather for the cockbox server to host the rocketchat server on. I use this server for much more besides just rocketchat so it is worth the money.

Attached: 1546408985218.jpg (1495x871, 326K)

>everything I don't like is Jow Forums
oh buddy...

Attached: You.jpg (600x475, 65K)

>he still shills for discord
A payment of $0.03 have been deposited to your bank account.

Attached: bait.gif (500x207, 3.06M)