I need help with buying a new laptop

So now I'm a pajeet who has a budget of 65000 Rupees (927 dollars) at max. I need to buy a laptop that has a good screen, keyboard and decent performance and I have no clue where to start.
If you help me I'll install gentoo.

Attached: images (7).jpg (306x284, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.in/Acer-Gaming-Windows-Graphics-AN515-52/dp/B07GYLN9V5/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546439099&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX118_SY170_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=acer nitro 5 i5 8th gen&dpPl=1&dpID=41k6jIXkZOL&ref=plSrch
dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/dell-tablets/latitude-5590/spd/latitude-15-5590-laptop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lenovo Ideapad 720s Ryzen 7.

Expect this suggestion to be shit talked.

you can get double the performance with gayming desktop at the same price than a overpriced laptop with shit specs

normal laptop le gandu.

POO

macbook air

YO CUMSKIN, HOW MANY BURGERS DID YOU EAT TODAY?

I jve to use it in college and classes so desktop isn't an option.

I want to die.

Reconsider getting a desktop
Any thinkpad will do you good
Olderones are better if you want libre software

It doesn't sell here I think.

pay more for abysmal specs then.

What are your qualifications for "good screen"?
You could probably get an external keyboard if it's not too much hassle. (IMO, most keyboards are fine if they AREN'T chiclet. i.e. TPT420 keeb)

Performance... you're going to get good performance with most Thinkpads, in my experience. One of the main issues I've had, however, is video decoding. You may want to go with an E6410 in that case.

But it all boils down to the screen... what are your qualifications for "good screen"?

bhenchod batado laptop kis liye chahiye?
game kheloge? video editing karoge? tera main use kya hai?

Cannot carry a desktop around in college so it's not an option.
Which think pad tho?
There are a shit ton of them.

I just looked at this Acer Nitro Core with an i5 8th gen. How is that? The specs seem fine but soe reviews say the display isn't very good.
amazon.in/Acer-Gaming-Windows-Graphics-AN515-52/dp/B07GYLN9V5/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546439099&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX118_SY170_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=acer nitro 5 i5 8th gen&dpPl=1&dpID=41k6jIXkZOL&ref=plSrch

get a t560

Basically anything nice for media consumption.
I'm a Computer Science student so my requirements are basically for that but I am planning on gaming again so...

Bump.

Don't game with a laptop, dude.
Just don't.
Don't even get a "gaming laptop."

Here:
dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/dell-tablets/latitude-5590/spd/latitude-15-5590-laptop
I don't know if it's available in India?
You should probably take this to /sqt/

Recently got a Lenovo E480 at work and I really like it. The display's color gamut is a little low, but everything else is great.

Alright.

I need a good display

Buy a used X220/X230 for $100-150 and start saving your money instead. There is literally no reason for more power than this unless you want the latest gaymes (Then you wouldn't be running Linux anyway). It's adequate for all your programming needs unless you want to do Java on a bloated IDE I guess.

My course reuqir3es me to use an IDE for some time so yeah.
Also yes I'll be playing games.

I've personally seen x220 with an i5 run VS2015 nicely so shouldn't be a problem, i also personally ran it for studying purposes on an athlon duo 2.0ghz + hd4570m combo, a bit hiccupy but I wouldn't use a laptop for real development anyway, use desktop for anything when you're at home, the laptop will do just fine for writing up an idea or such...

Bump

Huawei Matebook D (Ryzen 5).
The screen is as good as you can get at that price, because honestly below 1000€ it's almost impossible to have >=90% of sRGB.

With that laptop you'll have enough money to also buy an external monitor though.

Thinkpad bitch

It's much more costly in India.
The only option I've been able to see so far is the Acer Nitro 5 with i5 8th gen and a 1050ti.
But reviews say its display isn't very good which is one of the most basic requirements given that's what you'll be looking at when using it.

Razer blade, no joke. Better specs than most biz laptops even though its a gaymun laptop.

Look at the budget range you genius.

Then save a bit more ya dingus.

I bought ThinkPad L470 and have Ubuntu GNOME 18.04 LTS. Run CSGO on Steam at 85 fps, but forget getting above 50 fps on PS2 emulation, that's the limit

52k for 4 GB variant, got Kingston 8 GB 2133 MHz RAM for 4.5k

Forget getting a good display, the only one is MacBook with trash keyboard, overthrottling,garbage durability, overpriced outdated hardware, only good things are speakers and display on it

ThinkPad has anti reflective display so it works really well (better than IPS macbook meme for me), excellent keyboard, durable as fuck build, 11 hour battery moderate usage, no thermal throttling even in peak summers

Else think of a Ryzen 5 Dell or Lenovo laptop, or Acer Nitro 5 retailing for 60k on Flipkart I think

Gaming won't be important for most of the time,trust me, final year btech CS, ThinkPad is better

I don't do a job I'm in college.
My dad is getting me this laptop even though I didn't ask for it. I'm lucky I'm getting a better one.
I need something I can do decent amounts of gaming on it should have a good screen at least. Literally the only good option I've seen so far has a sub par screen which is bad because I'm supposed to look at the things when I'm using it.

refurbished t60/t61(upgradable to t70 in the future) + refurbished dell optiplex + new recent gpu.

Should set you about rs 40000 which is close to 600$. learn to save your money lad. You probably wont need all that power in undergrad and if you do, no laptop would suffice(hence the desktop build). Either way, you most probably will be gaming and wasting your time but atleast waste your time efficiently while spending as little as possible.

Try getting a second hand one if you can. Theres also shitload of cheap old macbooks less than 400$ if you really need a good screen
But as others said, theres plenty good ones from Acer or Lenovo for the price range.

OP don't listen to these fags suggesting stone age old thiccpads, your situation is prob the same as mine so follow me

Also, mentioning your pajeet heritage here will attract more meme responses than usual. You're probably better off going b@ck to reddit.

I had to mention my pajeet heritage because things that fall in my budget in dollars in the US are costlier here and I'll die of Cancer.

I hate MACs. They're too underpowered.
I might go for an Acer Nitro 5 with i5 8th gen.

Acer in general has shit build quality. Lots of indians buy acer as they offer better specs at the same price as compared to their competitors, but little do they know that these are consumer trash that wear out quicker than other laptops. If you are sure about it's build quality only then go for it. Criteria you should consider while buying-
>availability of spare parts/batteries,
>ease of repair,
>build quality
>thermal output
>size(14" or more is preferable if you're a tech pajeet)
>screen(fhd ips is common)
>specs(mobile intel cpus after ivy bridge offer similar real world performance, that's why alot of people here still use thinkpad x230/t430. Higher performance cpus are not worth it because they take up a lot of power and hence defeat the purpose of a laptop, which is mobility.) . This why I suggested the combination of a thinkpad and a pc here . Jow Forums is the wrong place to ask for buying advice for consumer trash and gaymen laptops, as business laptops are the norm here. Basedboys on reddit are more into consumer trash. You'll probably get a better advice there

Attached: goblinslayer.png (714x718, 494K)