Surface Book 2

>detachable screen making it a standalone tablet
>massive battery life
>gtx 1050 in the 13 inch model, 1060 in the 15 inch
>super sleek design
>3:2 aspect ratio
>touchscreen and surface pen support

How is it not the perfect labtop?

Attached: Surface-Book-2-15-display-movie_0.jpg (1600x1200, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-microsoft-surface-idUSKBN1AQ1EP
youtu.be/ruqUHC5Q9iU?t=265
youtu.be/00aQl_XuQqw?t=271
youtu.be/uI23RItDDDg?t=652
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>muh professional looks
It's all just looks with shit everything. Sound familiar?

Attached: ShitBook"Pro".jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Does the macbook pro have a touchscreen, dedicated graphicscard, higher res and a detachable screen?

They are similairely priced and obviously expensive but the SB offers so much more

>How is it not the perfect labtop?
Can you install libreboot? No
Does it respect user freedom? No

>meme
>meme

Designates when you touch it.
Shit build quality just like the first Surface.

Attached: 57b.png (577x387, 62K)

Had one of these for about 2 weeks, returned it and went back to my latitude 7390
> MARVELL WIRELESS HAHAHAHA
> Dedicated GPU in keyboard, so you to easily swap from laptop to canvas mode need to quit applications rather than just flip the screen over like in other 2 in 1s
> tablet portion too big and gimmicky to use on its own
> limited port selection for something not "thin and light"
> Absolutely ZERO serviceability... when inevitably the SSD/Wifi/Battery dies you just have to get a new one
> Screen drawing technology (Ntrig) sucks ass compared to Wacom AES used on other 2 in 1s, i'm not an arts faggot but even basic shit in photoshop, and writing text etc there is a noticeable lag compared to AES, in addition to jitter and parallax issues
> Microshit, so poor linux compatibility, in addition you lose various software/bios advantages other business class laptops have (thinkvantage, dell command etc)

Screen is good, and keyboard is suprisingly good. Only things that are really salvageable about the machine.

I got a pro 2 recently feels well built desu

It runs Windows.

Just get the x1 tablet instead desu

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy80NzY0L2cvbGVub3ZvLXRoaW5rcGFkLXgxLXRhYmxldC1n (775x500, 157K)

>How is it not the perfect
not OLED

the build quality is great, dumb thinkpad memer

Yet another fruit fag who thinks if the exterior is shiny it means its well built :^)

Fuck this looks so good but
>£1,500

It's got amazing build and features as well as hardware. But the price is insane.

tell me how the SB 2 has bad build quality then

4 (You)

>totally not Surface Pro clone #16745
>even more overpriced than the real thing
No thanks

wow wish i could still pay top dollar for 3 year old specs

Youll be able to get them on ebay for £600 next year kek
This is better than the surface because you can open it with ease for repairs
Since its enterprise hw though it is repairable and wont have a locked down bootloader. I think dell also make some decent enterprise tablets

>enterprise hw

>anything lenovo
>yoga line

Top fucking kek

I don't want to be "that guy" but why not. ThinkPads had 2 in 1 laptops way, like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before the surface line, and the surface actually copies some of their designs. But I guess 4 Chan started allowing 12 year old shit posters.

>Surface products are good
reuters.com/article/us-microsoft-surface-idUSKBN1AQ1EP

>SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The breakage rate for Microsoft Corp’s (MSFT.O) Surface devices is significantly worse than for other manufacturers’ laptops and tablets, Consumer Reports said, adding that it was removing its “recommended” designation for Surface products.
>The non-profit publication surveyed 90,000 tablet and laptop owners and found that an estimated 25 percent of those with Microsoft Surface devices would be presented with “problems by the end of the second year of ownership,” according to a study published on Thursday.

>25% failure rate

I actually wanted one of those but they didn't sell them in my country for some bizarre reason and I didn't want to spend even more to import with the wrong keyboard

That's almost as bad as the 360, fuck

>tell me how the SB 2 has bad build quality then
Drop it once and you'll see.

Issues isn't failure rate

>According to the Consumer Reports survey responses, the Microsoft devices were found to freeze, unexpectedly shut down or have issues with their touchscreens, Beilinson said.

>found to freeze

lol yeah big hardware issue, more like some fucking toolbar app

> how is it not the perfect laptop
its microsoft software

Can you replace ram or ssd?

ok ok .. thought it was the standard microshill

>MSFT shills on full damage control

>didn't read his own article
>doesn't mention survey range
>could be surveying surface 1 owners
>mentions apple has best reliability

bye bye louis

I wish I had a good reason to get the HP zBook x2.
It's the ultimate Chad detachable.
>detachable screen making it a standalone tablet
>massive battery life
>NVIDIA® Quadro® M620 2 GB dedicated GDDR5 inside the tablet inself instead of the keyboard.
>super ulitarian design
>16:9 aspect ratio (meh)
>4k display
>touchscreen and HP x2 pen support, the only one in this category that supports pen tilt.
>12 actual physical buttons on the tablet itself
But sadly, it's around 3000$.
At least HP is trying to make actual products for professionals and focuses on function over design.

Attached: HPzBookx2_AZL4578.jpg (780x451, 79K)

Surface devices really depend on what you buy.

Surface pro devices 1 - 3 are pretty underpowered, heating issues etc. Surface Pro 4 has pretty widespread flickering issues. It's only with newer models that the devices problems are ironed out.

Same for the Surface Book. A lot of issues with the hinge in the first iteration, vastly improved with the SB2.

The only major problems with the SB2, if you are fine with the thickness and weight, are the lack of thunderbolt 3 and the gtx 1060 draining the battery even when plugged in during heavy tasks. The later only affects the 15 inch model tho.

I forgot about these
>2 Thunderbolt 3 ports
>1 HDMI port
>1 USB 3.0 port (type A-USB)
>SD-card reader
>Audio jack
>Volume buttons
I really love this thing, I normally hate HP with a passion but they have done nothing wrong with this product besides the display ratio.

Attached: zbook-x2-slide-04_5a0d8d68af672.jpg (650x350, 18K)

HP business gear is usually pretty decent t b h

Because older Thinkpads Tablets are different, now it's literally a Surface Pro if it's not cheaper then what's the fucking point?

Oh yeah, months and months of software and firmware updates to fix all the problems with it, detaching the screen still doesn't work reliably, it still chews the battery when sleeping.

2-in-1 laptops are shit, they're always a compromise.

>detaching the screen still doesn't work reliably,
but it does?

Try running Photoshop and detach it. Good luck with that.

>gpu application requires gpu
WOOOW

I wanna give this gay digital art shit a go. What's the cheapest Surface that isn't the Go (lmao 1280x800)? What are the alternatives? From what I understand the surface devices are pretty much best around that you can get on a reasonable budget.

Does the keyboard still work wirelessly when detached? This was my biggest design issue with the first

The keyboard isn't wireless

>I wanna give this gay digital art shit a go.
Do you already own a Desktop? If yes, buy a graphic display instead of a Surface, the N-Trig pen is a fucking joke compared to chink graphic display makers like Huion or XP-Pen.

Attached: 2203669-1-a.jpg (600x400, 42K)

Shieeet, I didn't even know there were that many "good" alternatives aside from Wacoms, which are rather pricey. Thanks user, you just saved me alot of cash.

They're actually really good.
Just look for the newer ones with passive pens.
I think Huion still sells their older models with rechargeable pen, which is bullshit.
The newer ones are technically the same digitizers that Wacom uses, both XP-Pen and Huion displays even recognize my Wacom Intuos pen, they're just wired differently, when you touch the screen with a Wacom pen it does right click ,with no way to change that, it still recognizes it when I hover above the screen tho.
Apparently Wacoms patents ran out and everyone is trying to get a piece of the cake.

>zero key travel
>zero chance of getting my money

The only thing the MBP doesn't have is a touchscreen. It does have a DGPU and a high DPI display.

If youre getting a tablet youll want 3:2 they feel really fucked up to use at 16:9

Sorta wish apple made a macbook with detatchable keyboard but they mever will because it will invalidate the ipad line and the macbook line or products at the same time. Their new ipad pro would be a good machine if it didnt have a mobile os

>passive pens
What sorcery is this, induction from the screen panel?
Anyway what size of screen would you consider minimum comfortable drawing? What kind of stand would you recommend and which pen would you recommend for low latency (I've had the "pleasure" with a Samsung tablet few years ago and that delay was abysmal enough to discourage me for a long time).

I'm not planning on drawing gay Sonic OC commisions for living just yet, just casual character/scene drawing.

>zero key travel
but you're wrong, the surface book 2 has one of the best labtop keyboards ever.

dumb poorfag

>t. THE SHILL

Attached: 1246830.jpg (285x249, 15K)

how do you use it when the screen is on the opposite side of the keys?

>photoshop

>using a gpu

no

I have all my toolbars and menus on the left side which leaves me with a nice and big drawing surface. If I'd cut of the chunk of tools I have on one side I'd probably end up with a 4:3 or 3:2 display.
Also, one reason why the chinks can make them so cheap is because they use standard panels you'd normally find in laptops, there aren't that many other options nowadays and using a 3:2 panel would automatically make the product much more expensive.
>induction from the screen panel?
That's exactly how they work.

the degenerate's choice of laptops

youtu.be/ruqUHC5Q9iU?t=265
youtu.be/00aQl_XuQqw?t=271
youtu.be/uI23RItDDDg?t=652
you are simply wrong if you claim there isn't key travel

Holy shit we get it, you are the shillest.

Attached: 1546422018144.jpg (756x425, 23K)

There is always key travel, even on Apples extremely shitty Butterfly keys.
user was quite obviously exaggerating the fact that there is not enough key travel to make them feel good.

Aren't the surface products close to unrepairable?

Pic related is how you replace the SSD.
This should answer your question.

Attached: DSC08951-696x464.jpg (696x464, 28K)

cyberpunk af bro

Any opinion on Lenovo Thinkpad 10's (pre X1 tablet things, slightly cheaper) ?

Attached: lGv2nzE[1].jpg (1060x596, 42K)

>No support for GNU/Linux
>heavy
>comes in 13" and 15"
>FANS

ipad will merge with MBP when macos is ported to ARM in 2021.

I will never buy a microsoft product

The only service device worth getting is the surface go.

Attached: 20181217_135859_v1.jpg (1600x900, 184K)

>the surface go is the only device I can afford
ftfy

Didnt they remove the sd card in the g3

>10"
>GNU/Linux support
Literally the perfect GNU/Linux tablet.
>but muh 4415Y is weak
It's a tablet, designed to run light applications, not to compile the kernel.

kek i saw this yt vid a few days ago

Attached: 1542489970739.png (850x1205, 1.16M)

>GNU/Linux support
So every Surface? Linux supports on the Go is the result from years of people fucking around with other Surface devices.

I can run every game that interests me at good frames if I drop the screen resolution on the surface book 2 to something more reasonable like 1740x1160, which looks good on the 13 inch display (close to 1080p in pixel count too so connecting to a real monitor and playing on that shouldn't be an issue.)

Add to that taking notes in Uni, where turning around the display connected to the base gives me enough battery for the full day (something I struggled with on the surface pro 4) also detaching the screen to watch movies on the couch works fine with the battery life on the tablet portion itself, but 3 hours is about the most battery life you can expect on just that bit.
I'm actually considering selling my desktop PC to have a comfy all in one package.

Attached: 1545557699594.jpg (399x399, 14K)

No. G3 and G4 both feature a full size SD card reader.

god i wish that were me

it is you, am i allowed to lick your armpits?

Attached: 1542798985628.jpg (836x1180, 368K)