If my installation of lineageOS fails or lineage cannot fill my demands (need a few play service applications for...

If my installation of lineageOS fails or lineage cannot fill my demands (need a few play service applications for banking, IM & fast food deals), how would i crawl my way back to the botnet? Do i have to install a different OS, or is there an option in the phones equivalent of a BIOS to restore to what the phone came with? It'll be a while yet until I can afford to drop the fast food loyalty apps
Im considering getting a seperate non-cellular device and using whatever free wifi they provide to get my cancerfood, but i just want to start moving towards privacy now

t. poorfag

Attached: 1546475116333.png (559x566, 612K)

Also UBER
for emergencies because taxi rides cost way too much in my state. Rich area and I am poor xd

you should have a recovery like TWRP and make a backup of all the original files so you can restore them if you feel like it
also make 110% sure you back up your EFS and keep it safe because if it gets wiped and you don't have a backup you can't use it as a phone

1) what does TWRP do? Is it firmware you install on your phone before installation of another OS or is it something you use when shit hits the fan? Website isnt giving me info, just rambles about the devs
2) I am going to back up. Keeping my files isnt top priority as i like to keep important /sensitive data off my phone.
3) What is an EFS, and what steps can I take to ensufe I do not delete it? Where would it be located in the directory of the device? Any other files or file operations i should stay away from?

If you need botnet on lineage, just install gapps

Bump - good questions

>banking
don't bank on your phone. It can wait till you get home and can do it on their desktop website.
>IM
Signal works without play services now. Or vanilla SMS.
>fast food deals
that shit's bad for your wallet, your health, AND your privacy, user, get rid of it completely.

Emergency taxi rides? You can't think far enough into the future to plan how you're gonna get home tonight? You don't need a fucking app for that, you need to fill up your tank/check the train schedule/ask a friend for a ride/etc etc before you head out to wherever the fuck it is you're going.

>pls spoonfeed me(((
fucking do your own research kid, Jow Forums isn't your tech support army

You can install Google play services on LineageOS and use all the botnet apps.

>absolute state of americans

Attached: 0ac.gif (240x180, 166K)

>Install lineageOS
>Get botnet withdrawal
>Install OpenGapps
>???
>Profit!

1) It's a recovery mode. The default recovery mode that comes with your phone is usually very limited, so TWRP adds a ton of features, like backing up and the ability to install "update" zips without signature verification.
2) Good for you. TWRP can help you make and restore a full backup. It won't include your "media", which are the files you see in the file manager, so you will have to back that up separately.
3) The EFS is a partition which contains data for the cellular radio in your phone, such as the IMEI and MEID numbers. Without this, the "phone" part of your phone is useless. IIRC, a full TWRP backup includes this partition.

LineageOS doesn't contain anything botnet by default. When installing LineageOS you can also choose to install Open GApps alongside it to add Google Play (Services) and optionally other botnet apps. Don't let the "open" fool you, only the scripts to get the proprietary Google apps are open source. Alternatively, you can install microG. This is a completely free reimplementation of Google Play Services. But to install it you need a ROM that supports signature spoofing. To stay on the good side of Google, LineageOS doesn't include this. MicroG releases customized builds of LineageOS that does include signature spoofing. You can find it at lineage.microg.org.

>fast food loyalty apps
haha, what

also, you kept a complete backup of your phone before flashing a new system onto it, right?

there's also an unbotneted implementation of play services called microG but I can't vouch for how compatible it is

trying to install the twrp. this goes on forever but no error message is displayed. wtf do i have to do?

Attached: f5NH8qldw4.png (634x266, 7K)

looks like it uploaded the recovery image fine, it's probably good to go

is there a way to check?

try booting into twrp

I hate recommending it, but if you're in an emergency you can install aurora store which is an ID-less gapps store. some apps don't work but some do. I bet banks won't but again its a bad idea to begin with.

didnt work

fixed it

>69186443
Additionally if you are using an unofficial build of lineageOS you could use an Xposed module to allow microg to work on lineageOS. Although you need root for that.

Here is a simple answer: as long as you can enter either TWRP or Fastboot you are not bricked. Should you break your LOS you would just boot into recovery or fastboot and flash literally whatever you want.

Attached: 1521782665456.jpg (352x378, 110K)

i hope this lineageos is worth it

Attached: 1532743996016.jpg (215x249, 10K)

As always, animefag is a retard. Who would have ever guessed it

Attached: 1526788090379.jpg (500x359, 30K)

Telegram probably should work for communication. Isn't it open source?