If a satellite is in constant motion around the planet, how can my TV stay connected at all times?

If a satellite is in constant motion around the planet, how can my TV stay connected at all times?

Attached: Biff.jpg (239x211, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6LQSS2iTwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It stays in the same spot

How can it do that without plummeting to earth?

It's called a geostationary orbit

because the earth is rotating, a satellite that hovers above the same spot at all times is actually moving around the earth so it doesn't fall down

fuck off biff

Are you retarded? Look up station keeping satellite

The satellite spins around the earth at the same rate the earth spins. It stays in the same place. If you look carefully you can even see the satellite that's giving you tv.

Kill yourself and you'll increase the average IQ of this board by 5 points

butthead

If Old man Biff stole the time machine and changed the past, how could he return to the original future, allowing Marty to undo his damage? And wouldn't Elisabeth Shue been killed after being dumped in a destroyed timeline?

because you have cable.

The satellite orbits Earth at the same speed than Earth spins. That way it's always above the same spot

Actually the satellite orbits at greater speed than which the Earth spins due to the distance between the two.

Think inside and outside lanes of a running track.

True.
Though the Earth spin speed is misleading too. Spin speed for something at sea level and spin speed for something 100km deep won't be the same.
There is no quantum anything

Rotational velocidensity.

More than one satellite.

Will this affect FLAC files downloaded from a satellite Internet connection?

>he never heard about quantum physics
lmao

It's called angular velocity, maybe you should take a look at it

Satellites send data to other satellites. Ground towers/dishes pick up the signal from the nearest satellite.

Look up what geosynchronous is.

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

Well this is a shit thread. How was everyone's New Year's Eve? I went to a party and got drunk, it was quite enjoyable. Then I went home and went to sleep.

I drove Uber and made around $800 in 12 hours.

OP doesn't know about geostationary orbit.

no bully I'm a zoomer
Isn't modern TV all cable run b/c QAM? Also isn't ATSC/NTSC connected w/ local towers?

how can people be so fucking retarded

Attached: picard-facepalm.jpg (921x606, 36K)

satellites are hoax and nasa is using air baloons

If they stay perfectly still, gravity doesn't notice them.

This is how you know the earth is flat.

This is how we know your brain is small

A sattelite needs less speed to stay in orbit the higher it goes. The earth rotates once per 24 hours. Thus, if the sattelite is high enough in orbit, it can orbit the earth once every 24 hours. If that happens, it will be above the same point on earth at all times.

Earth is flat

Why is this even copypasta?

Because you weren't in the original thread.
The guy was a gold mine

>It's called a geostationary orbit

Geostationary orbits are a myth. If they were real then their speed relative to Earth would be 0 and they'd fall to the ground. They need to maintain speed so they make so much sideways motion that they're gaining altitude relative to the earth before the gravity of falling can pull them down.

Geostationary orbit just means "a satellite is always available". Geostationary itself is a myth / meme to make the concept easier for people.

>being this retarded

Dude...
No...

Fuck off flattard.

t. brainlet who can't understand everything is moving in a straight line on a curved space time

>it's moving so fast, it goes over the curve and it stays at the same height

The satellite is held by string so it stays in place

it's a valid question, don't be so retarded

Space is a hoax

youtube.com/watch?v=W6LQSS2iTwM

>moved in august to rural town
>part of the 15% of town that doesn't get cable internet/dsl/fiber optic
>stuck with hughesnet
All I want to do is play a little bit of WoW but I can't even watch fucking Hulu unless I'm the only one on the internet. Is Viasat better than Hughesnet? Is there some way I can get internet that is faster? Please help, this is true fucking suffering.

find more low bandwidth entertainment

Attached: 3.png (369x270, 9K)

Can't drive to a McDonald's or Starbucks and download entertainment/videos (use youtube-dl) off their WiFi?

the nearest starbucks/mcdonalds is 2+hours away

Have you never taken a physics class?

Where the fuck do you live?
Set up a point-to-point radio link between yourself and the nearest neighbors with acceptable internet.

>>part of the 15% of town that doesn't get cable internet/dsl/fiber optic
then move to other part of town you dumb fucking hick