You guys literally hate anything and everything

You guys literally hate anything and everything.
Redpill me on it.

Attached: F3gefQv__400x400.jpg (400x400, 14K)

in general a good distro. never used leap but tumbleweed was kinda bitchy. killed off my network randomly after reboots, takes 3 times as long as other distros to boot up. if you can manage this, it's good.

It's like fedora but better with kde. OBS is almost an AUR in terms of availability.

My problem with tumbleweed was that nvidia repo didn't keep up and DKMS was shitty. Leaps are good though.

It's shit that has GUI tied to scripts to be more windows like. Literally just Fedora meets Windows. There was not a need to create such distribution as Ubuntu LTS and Red Hat exists. Learn the terminal faggot.
>DUDE

>WEED

I felt the same way. What is the best implementation of KDE in your opinion?

Okay when it works, has bloated management tools

>Okay when it works
Literally every linux distro.

it looks like a happy penis

The only one that has thumbnail filepicker in Firefox

The difference is that you will never be able to fix things when they break on this one.

Leap +1

Attached: 1200pxOpenSUSE_officiallogocolor.svg.png (1200x760, 64K)

What is fundamentally different on it?

I remember opensuse has a really really godawful (enterprisey) sudoers default config.

The fact that you have to look for a distro in which KDE Is not shit speaks volumes about KDE itself. Their releases are hit or miss, but Ubuntu LTS and Fedora are focused on desktop so one of those should be good. Ubango *.10 never.

this is true

Attached: 000000000000001.gif (292x200, 226K)

Do you like controlling minute aspects of your system that a lot of people wouldn't think about worrying about?

Do you also love GUI's?

If you said "yes" to both of those questions then it might be good for you. It has other stuff that may or may not be favorable (btrfs, etc.) but yast is pretty much the selling point.

Attached: 1459220885385.png (547x435, 95K)

Everything is obfuscated because of "muh enterprise ", it's the windows of the Linux world.

>obfuscated
Nope, it's basically just red hat with different package names on the repo, plus some custom patches for a few apps.

Why does it boot 3 times slower than fedora ?

uhhhh i vaguely remember wickedd being a pain in the ass? It's a more enterprisey network framework than most distros use. If you're not running any server for it the default timeout was really long I think so not being on a suse-based corporate network is going to suck. Just disable it.

Also learn to read and interpret very plain english boot logs.

Cannot be unseen
Kek

thanks

I use it for a few months. The KDE implementation and power management were pretty good. Firefox is even patched out of the box to show thumbnails in the file picker (Gnomefags eternally BTFO with no chance of recovery). What I didn't like was the package manager. I found that zypper was just difficult to use with too many features and little complexities when compared to something like apt. I also don't like YaST2. I guess some people might like having a whole bunch of system configuration settings in one control panel but more often than not I just found it to be a big clusterfuck and stopped using it altogether.

Would I recommend OpenSUSE? Not reallty. It works well enough but not so well that I would use it over something more convenient and simple like Debian.

apt is possibly the worst package manager ever written though, it's simple because it's bad and ancient. yast is its own whole thing(s) but zypper is by far one of the best package managers around, I didn't think it was particularly complicated though.

i use leap for precisely this reason. fat leno's cyclone cock.

I'd add zypper as well.
I know people say package managers are pretty much interchangable in terms of usability, but I find working with apt annoying and like zypper. Am I insane?

why is apt worse than zypp, they seem to work the same. I don't use any apt-based distros so I don't have any experience.

if apt hasn't wrecked your system then you haven't been using debian/ubuntu long enough.

Zypper has a really good dependency solver, debian instead just stops you from ever using software with different versions of libraries.

The real tricky part about zypper is that it has metapackages (patterns) that will fuck your dependency graph up. Also suse has its own unique package naming scheme from either debian or occasionally redhat.

How long until the next leap release?

Grandpa, you forgot to take your meds today.

Leap is fine, tumbleweed is very unstable. Security settings are garbage tho. Switch to Fedora for a stable and usable distro.

>if apt hasn't wrecked your system then you haven't been using debian/ubuntu long enough.
I've been using Debian for like 6 years. How long exactly is "long enough"?

Attached: 1546322204926.jpg (700x957, 70K)

Good distro with the best kde.
Nvidia drivers suck ass and you should install older ones 9/10 times

Welcome to /consumerism/ brought to you by highschool and college students who are in that "I know everything" phase of their life.

Just use Debian, bro.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 68K)

KDE neon

I’ve literally never had a problem with apt, what am I missing? I don’t like yum/dnf if anything since it can’t list installed packages without connecting to the internet.