Microphone recommendations

Hey fellas, I’m lookin for a mic that’s on the cheaper side as I’m not really looking for professional quality necessarily, and all I really plan on is recording vocals for tracks and also podcasting a bit. Is the mic in pic related any good or can I get some other recs?

Attached: 1FB0EAF0-FEE3-4105-B367-5C60F50A8AB2.jpg (1242x987, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s16YFTkYD3TD
youtube.com/watch?v=1yawI-3pviU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's your budget?
is your room noisy?
are you willing to have the mic close or far from your mouth?

AT2020

I don’t necessarily have a budget but the pictured mic is around 60 bucks, somewhere around that sounds good to me.
Room isn’t that noisy.
I’d rather not have to have the mic directly in front of my mouth at all times while recording commentary, if that makes sense. I’d prefer if it allowed for some comfortability during long recording sessions, basically.

I have not seen the one you posted OP, but I've been looking for a mic lately. I find atr2100 good from review videos.

fifine k670, good sounding USB mic so you won't need an interface, it can pick both vocals and instruments pretty decently and if your room isn't noisy you can crank up the gain so you won't need to be close to the mic.
alternatively, samson q2u, which I think should sound better for voice and has an XLR output while also supporting USB.

Blue Yeti when it's on sale

blue yeti is a NPC mic

The Fifine mic you recommended seems like my best option right now. Considering this one the most right now, thanks.

Just look what professional artists use for recording of really quality vocal and go for that.

Where would I even find something like this?

Learn how to route audio digitally so that its mic>DAW-IN>EQ(tune your dynamics, gate, and compress)>DAW-OUT>Track. This is how mics sound fucking great on tracks.
I'd you podcast with multiple people look into an interface.
Don't spend any more than $75, used sm57/sm58 or an AT2020 will satisfy you, or a USB mic if you are alone is great as well.

vocaroo.com/i/s16YFTkYD3TD

Got my blue yeti for christmas. High bitrate vocaroo really does it justice.

You bought a toy microphone

I wouldn't trust buying a "used" SM57/58s since fakes are running rampant on Ebay and Amazon. But I did purposely buy a fake SM58 off Ali for $28 and it actually sounds legit. Just doesn't have the same weight or feel as a real one. You might as well get a BM800 since they sound pretty comparable to the AT2020 and they're dirt cheap. Also the USB AT2020 and any USB mics are fucking trash because no matter what gain you're on they're always going to have a noticeable white noise.

Blue Bluebird is the only correct answer.

I was inspired to buy a Sony CR-5 Microphone (from microphone-express) by FPSanarchy

He makes song covers using that mic, it's wicked sick

youtube.com/watch?v=1yawI-3pviU

wat

Why not get a cheap blue snowball mic?

Like 40 bucks.

SM58, stop buying toys

I feel like dynamic mics are perfect for people with blue switches

This is a fair post. When I was trapping off of a yeti snowball my mic wasn't terrible, but having a proper amp is obviously the best solution. Also I'll take the BM800 suggestion, I've heard good things/$

MXL Tempo

>not argument or rebuttal beyond trash tier Jow Forumsthedonald memes
It's nice when you showcase your stupidity so everyone can easily and immediately disregard your opinion. I'm sure someone thinks you're cool for being such an ebin contrarian though.

go back

neewer nw700 kit + 2nd hand audio interface on ebay(Mbox, behringer, whatever)

Odds are your total cost will be under $80, and sound WAY better than a blue yeti. Plus when you want to upgrade the mic(which is the weakest part of the bundle), you still have the arm, pop filter, interface, etc... that are totally adequate for setups around $500.

If thats all too much for you, the fifine k670 is probably good enough for what you need and costs half of the yeti. Its only got one cardiod pickup though, so if you NEED bi-directional or omni-directional just get the yeti.