Just WTF happened?

Even uneducated garbage men, plumbers and train drivers earn 10 times more than programmers

Attached: onlypajeetsmayapply.jpg (790x173, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_to_the_bottom
aeon.co/ideas/coding-is-not-fun-it-s-technically-and-ethically-complex
reed.co.uk/jobs/nlp-engineer-natural-language-processing/36717190
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People forget that the job market is indeed a market. Flood it with supply and the price falls.

People like to think they should be paid according to the return they bring the company, that's not how it works.

Jews flooded the market with pajeets, and thus salaries are in the shitter.

Same thing happened when women entered the work force (no more 1 salary families)

Supply and demand. How many people want to work as a garbage man? The job title itself is off-putting.

Yeah thats about average 2~3 year of work salary here in Croatia for any type of programmer.

Outside of the Capital.

I'm a front end guy and I get payed 550$ a month.

>tfw programmer in Germany
>tfw all friends are proles with low tier, physical jobs anyone could do
>tfw their net worth is just slightly lower than my gross worth

Good god, how is this fair?

I have a friend who builds special case apps for companies he only hires from 2nd/third world countries he lives in California.

well, life is not fair
It never was and never will be.

>How many people want to work as a garbage man?
At least you only have to deal with 2-3 people

Would you rather be doing physical jobs anyone could do?

Germany is outsourcing its IT/engineering jobs to Eastern Europe. Just because they don't live in your country doesn't mean you're not competing against them.

Im a student and do some part time work on the side.I get £8.40 an hour in a easy going warehouse.

What are you complaining about then? Go and become a garbage man

Waste Management Personnel.

Too many unqualified, or underqualified I suppose, programmers selling their services has ruined the market. People aren't paying because they no longer expect to get their money's worth.

Heres the thing, if you're a plumber or electrician.

You got your regular job. On the side anyone that knows you will recommend you for black market gray jobs to fix shit up.

I mean just a simply drain cleaning and you can earn 20€ easily.

Attached: irishprogrammer.jpg (1200x675, 45K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_to_the_bottom

Union jobs earning more than dumb techbros who think vulture capitalists are going to give them a golden ladder to climb. colour me surprised

Too many fucking people.

Glad I worked construction for 5 years after going to jail when I was 19 for a year, took a few online classes, got an associates in Chemistry, and got a lab tech job at a refinery where I make ~80k after taxes.

Out of curiosity, what are some positions in tech that actually pay relatively decent that don't require a ton of experience that don't have 1000000 pakis and indians applying for them every day?

Attached: 1527107977707.gif (500x282, 529K)

>Even uneducated garbage men, plumbers and train drivers earn 10 times more than programmers
Try to outsource those jobs to a third world shithole where the average salary is 4$ a day when you work 16 hours a day.

>Anime
>Criminal
>Chemistry
Now it all makes sense.

physical work has real value

>public employee
>stronk union, politicians don't dare fuck with us
>don't really have to perform because there is no bottom line and voters are fucking retarded
>do the bare minimum every day
>play games 45 minutes while taking daily shit at work
>immediate boss is around maybe 30% of the time

God it feels good to be a leech

Attached: 14154909219501.png (264x192, 83K)

That's fucking crazy

>run of the mill code monkey shit that any pajeet could do in the womb
>skilled trades or jobs normies can't/won't do
:thinking emoji:

>Wanting to do that job
Any programming job that`s actually hard/fun makes good money

If that's in line with cost of living there it's fine. I make 70k a year but live in a low cost of living area and aside from meme instagram selfies at overpriced restaurants live better than people in the same field that just had to live in expensive urban areas.

i work with embedded systems for about two years now, think drivers, hw abstraction, os
there are a few from the various shitgangs here but its fine for now
requirea a few years of experience or some hobby code in the relevant area
i make like $100 a month more than a garbage collector

i am considering this.
In a corp you are nothing without a masters and i sure as fuck ain't going back to school after the torture that is my Bachelors is over.
Making 3k a month in exchange for less taxes, half the workload, cushy position and large retirement seems pretty neat.

Friend o mine does this currently and basically shitposts atleast 2 hours per workday

I used to work part time (15-19 hours a week) a few years back and I made just as much as you did (possibly even more). The world really is fucked up.

>£4 per hour
That's not even minimum wage. What the fuck?

>Embedded systems
>Making good money as a hired dev on anything other than graphic related work

I wonder if this thread is a propaganda to make the tech job market look bad, in an attempt to reduce supply.

Waste Engineer

Tech market is just worse now for low tier jobs that it used to be
If you have experience or a degree its easy to pick good jobs.
If you have just followed a few tutorials and know basics you can`t get a good paying entry level job anymore

>£4/h
Nigga I just got off a contract where I was on £350 a day. What kind of gig economy bullshit are going for? £4 per hour is like half the minimum wage.

>thinks he can flood the market with high skilled engineers
ye keep dreaming, they are tryiharding to dumb down every process to actually be able to use those low tier programmers.

Programmers (code monkeys that is) have to be the dumbest motherfuckers on this planet. How do you spend all that time developing a skill and then you WILLINGLY ACCEPT low paying jobs? Just goes to show how much intelligence is really needed to do most programming jobs if retards like this can do it

Some indian use libs like word2vec and read tutorial, Machine learning jobs in freelancer websites are self taugth or amateur

yeah its honestly messed up
quality low-level implementations should pay better than shitty and unoptimized ui/application software
ive stopped optimizing shit because its not worth the effort
so what if i use an extra 100 bytes of ram for a pwm/spi/can/etc, or perform a handful of unnecessary instructions? ill just hand it to the next guy who will hopefully have to think twice before clicking the export to c button in simulink

this article called it!
aeon.co/ideas/coding-is-not-fun-it-s-technically-and-ethically-complex

£40,000 - £80,000 PA
reed.co.uk/jobs/nlp-engineer-natural-language-processing/36717190

>I wonder if this thread is a propaganda to make the tech job market look bad, in an attempt to reduce supply.

What if it is? You gotta problem with that?

Well yeah, why should I pay some fresh run of the mill college grad with no experience when I can get someone more experience from the third world at the same pay or lower?

i'm some shitty database intern and i get £9 an hour
keep searching senpai

because once Millenials end up in powerful positions in politics they're going to make it illegal to do what you're doing so you better figure out now how to make it sustainable

kek this. it's like getting paid to be a NEET

Yes, techbros in first world, we just need $10 hours to begin 1% in income in ours countries.

Europoor here. I also want out of the SW industry. When you are 30+ you just cannot tolerate the bullshit and the faggottry anymore. Currently looking for anything related to the public sector, that's where the good jobs are here.

So much this!

anyone who thinks trades are a better alternative is wrong. i'm a journeyman scaffolder/carpenter and i'd trade my experience in that for even just half that experience in programming.

trading the health of your body for money is fucking stupid. enjoy your destroyed knees and backs, tradesmen. i still have the utmost respect for you guys and what you do but you're stupid if you stay in it for longer than 10 years.

>sitting in a chair 10-12 hours a day isn't trading your body for money
user I...

People need to stop comparing European salaries and American salaries. The cost of living in Europe is so much cheaper. If people got what people get in America, everyone would be over the top rich

Indians will code. They will not, however, clean up shit. Not even their own.

Another Mans Treasure artisan

Because the latter is experienced in crappy code

They won't get someone decent at those rates
Maybe if all they want is document similarity out the box stuff
I've been though something similar with NLP some ideas dudes drag me into a cafe try to sell me a big idea then low ball my rate

vs being in the field busting your ass?

your lack of physical job experience is very apparent.

look fun you drive the truck next to a garbage dumpster/can and push a button.

The trick is to get into the buzzwords fields. CV/AI/AR/NLP/IOT/Blockchain/VR. Also Apple-related development.
Used to do Unity gamedev, got paid 550 euro a month.This was fine cause it was my first job.

Got into AR. Still using Unity. 5Hr/day job, 2000euro/month.
It's even better in AI.

>TFW no higher education

That being said, I'm still technically cheap labor and guys doing .NET/CORE ORM DB programming for large banks and stuff still do get paid more, but they're on a full working day without most of the benefits.

Motherfucker we sit on literal $1000 chairs featuing all the ergonomic buzzwords and generally when starting somewhere you get a budget to do your workspace how you want. You could always use a standing desk.

garbage men, plumbers and train drivers are more useful to society than programmers user

sadly this.
mfw i'm earning 800euros/mo to be a basic bitch tech support for americunts, in romania.
moving to cushy qa job hopefully this week for a little more and no more shifts.

4£ is too low but indians to do, remote work is part of the profession so you will see bids like this for online postings. The averaging starting salary is definitely being driven down by students flooding the market with no experience.

Someone with good experience and good work will just negetiate a good salary. Getting into the profession is going to be much harder but the payoff will always still be there.