/sqt/ - stupid question thread

I'll start, I want to identify this painting and I know the name of the mountain range in the background, so I'm looking for a site with reverse image search which allows me to additionally use text search at the same time.

Attached: IMG_2714.jpg (1000x1256, 410K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode#Linear_barcodes
xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-wifi-hotspots
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are there portable battery packs that also have an ssd built in?

you can do that with google and yandex
why would they plant a tree right in the middle of the stairs?

How do I do this with yandex, the visually similar images on there are much closer to my painting than the google ones

I need an instagram account to manage a page that I have on facebook as well (apparently I can have ads working automatically on both websites and whatnot), should I create a new one or is registering with my facebook one the same, when it comes to privacy? I've read that a lot of people were angry because watsapp was giving data to facebook, what does registering with my personal account mean, compared to opening another personal account just for instagram? Doesn't Zucc have access to both databases anyway? Just in case there is something related to local privacy law, I live in Italy.

Actually I thought you could by just typing stuff in the bar like on google but it seems it doesn't work.
yeah it got much more precise than google when they started messing with the results.

Is it possible to somehow remove a processor from a laptop and install it into a PC. Would that work?

Is there any decent, free anti-malware/virus that's not Windows defender or common sense 2019 rc2?

Why is it that my PS/2 keyboard randomly fails to work on my computer? The computer will say on boot no keyboard detected. The connection is fine, the port is clean. The keyboard is in good condition. Swapping the mouse and keyboard sometimes corrects the issue. I don't know what it is. Sometimes the computer recognizes the keyboard, it depends on how moody it is apparently.

Attached: IMG_20190103_000922-1200x2133.jpg (1200x2133, 1.17M)

That's actually a nice image for the OP. It's pleasantly refreshing to the typical anime meme shit that is typically posted. Why can't Jow Forums be more like this? I'm ready to accept this, I'm sure more are also.

I have 3/4 USB keyboards but they all are broken to varying extents. Like six keys will not work, or eight keys will not work, or the space key will not work. I tried to fix them by opening them up and cleaning, but no luck.

If they dont work, fucking throw them away?
Buy a new one?
Holy shit bro

Just got a new laptop with Windows 10 on it and I dunno if I wanna try it out for a little or downgrade back to 7. Is Windows 10 as AIDS as people say it is?

7 is deprecated.
If you're going to use windows youre going to use 10. Get over it and fuck your shit for using windows.

I'm dirt poor. So I use what I have. The PS/2 keyboard was given to me for free. The computer was entirely free. But also if I were to buy a new keyboard I would want it to be long lasting and nice to use, and I don't know where to start researching.

Stop order taskeout pizza for dinner tonight and buy a basic usb keyboard for like 10-15 with shipping

There's no proper answer for this one.

First off, if it already comes with Windows 10, consider using it a little bit. Some newer laptops don't even have driver support for any older versions of Windows, but that might be fixable. Hardware is a finicky thing on Windows 10 specifically.

However the system is relatively fine. It's just it's unstable, in an ongoing beta stage. It's not something that you get to update, get new features, and have it working perfectly unless you just happen to have the right configuration of hardware.

>It's just it's unstable, in an ongoing beta stage. It's not something that you get to update, get new features, and have it working perfectly unless you just happen to have the right configuration of hardware.
Now this is a load of fucking shit
Turn off updates and update when you want.
I have a single windows laptop in the house for media and games, and i havent updated it in a good year. Block that shit and never look back unless you need updates, like security ones, or manually get your driver updates

Stop projecting. I haven't eaten fast food in like two years. I have roughly $600 to spread across the year in terms of luxury expenditure.

What is the best value SATA cloning software? I'm trying to move my entire SDD onto a new one without having to install anything.

I can't get the regular keyboard to show up on chrome remote desktop, it's stuck on the number pad when im logged in already. Is there a way to fix this or a better free remote desktop app for android and windows? Also assuming i get the keyboard working, will it be possible to press the control key and return at the same time on my phone so I can execute code in Supercollider? I also would need to hit control + period.

Attached: supercollider.jpg (1677x1028, 973K)

clonzilla
macrium reflect
boot linux environment and dd drive

Hey guys what te fuck is wrong with my pc?
It works normally everytime it boots up, but then after around 2 or so hours the icons on images and stuff start dissapearing, then Windows Explorer crashes everytime I right click and open a drop-down menu, then programs just crash because of the most insignificant things (Like Vegas crashing whenever I put in an image).
Pls halp

Attached: ques.png (741x568, 44K)

You probably have a bad shell extension installed.
Download nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html and try disabling all third party extensions.

Just finished my first build. Am I good to install drivers from my mobo manufacturer's website straight over whatever windows downloaded automatically?

Bought a 10tb WD hdd. Plugged it up and when i went to boot, the system dosent even turn on. The PSU is 1500W and im no where near using that amount. The drive is on its own 12v rail with no other devices plugged on the rail. I tried 3 different cables(2 from the psu and one generic one)
Where do i look next?

>try disabling all third party extensions.
How do I do that? Just select them individually or is there a shortcut for that?

what should I major in if I want to get a job working for a company developing audio related software?

Attached: 1544385615574.png (1494x884, 1.14M)

to me it looks like local pyrenean range. (on catalan side)

Attached: fotu.png (1918x968, 3.66M)

This cable is labeled usb, but it only has four pins instead of nine (five pins over four pins). Can I plug it into the lower four pins in a normal slot?
Replacement motherboard doesn't have slots like the pic related.

Attached: 20190103_160224.jpg (4032x2268, 2.3M)

any neets out here? I just want to ask how you guys are making money and how much are you making to afford the neet life?

Does kernel 4.20 not work with GTX 1070 yet?

I tried to switch to it from 4.15.****** and graphically it was fucked.

It couldn't have been a processor issue, could it have been? I have a Ryzen 5 2600.

Attached: 1546544023330.png (480x477, 567K)

Don't listen to those USB tards

There's an option in the program to hide microsoft extensions, so you could do that, select all, and then disable them all.
It may be worth looking for particularly old or weird microsoft extensions as well.

You need nvidia-415.23 or higher

well shish kebab

Is it enough to change my router's Wifi SSID to disconnect neighboors from it ?

Malwarebytes
But really Windows Defender is genuinely one of the better antiviruses

Few questions.
1.Does using a VPN completely make me safe when i'm at the library?
2. What do you recommend VPN wise
3. Is there anything else I should do?

Well if you're using a public computer that you don't control you aren't really safe from anything. Whoever has root on that machine can observe whatever they damn well please about what you do on it, and there's not a thing you can do to hide except not use a public computer that you don't control.

but beyond that you need to think about your threat model. What do you want to be safe from, exactly? Be specific.

With an HTC vive on my face, will it change the shape of my face if I wear it too much? I'm at like 4.5 hours a day.

possibly a heat issue? is your case clean and fans functioning?

Are the anti glare monitor filters actually good? Where can i find some test with this reflecting blue light . and pairing with some anti reflectiv glasses will make an improvement than using only the coating?

Is my cpu dying?
NMI watchdog: Watchdog detected hard LOCKUP on cpu 5
[.code]

is there any real reason not to put lights in my pc case?

What's the easiest method of recovering files (pictures, videos, etcetera) from a broken installation of Windows 10?

Attached: il_570xN.1203019341_chp6.jpg (539x533, 161K)

I'm in uni for design (lol) because I'm a dumbass and I regret it so much
If I want to jump ship to tech is it even possible. I want a job where I sit there and do minimal things and don't talk to people
What can I do to achieve that

I'm trying to use the RegExp downloads extension in Chrome to route my downloads to folders based on file type, but I also want pics from /wg/ and /w/ to go into a wallpapers folder. How do?
I've tried the following and I'm not able to get it working.
I've also tried with 4cdn, etc.

Attached: 1515126183874.png (782x541, 40K)

NordVPN is having a sale for the next few hours for 3 years of service at 3 a month (108 total). Is it worth getting?

try using .*?\.4channel\.org\/wg?\/.* as the referer url.
The files themselves aren't on 4channel.org but on i.4cdn.org

so my friend has a PC with a 4790k, 16gb ram, 1060....and a spinning hard drive. it is so painfully fucking slow to do anything. it literally takes 5 minutes from when you type in your password to when it reaches the desktop. how can i alleviate this?

Replace the hard drive with an SSD.

Using steam, there is a way to use arguments when launching a game, but without using steam built in function and without a batch file?

This
>Replace the hard drive with an SSD.
Honestly.
Or disable all the start up programs. Reinstalling windows helps. You keep your files but all the bloatware is removed so you can reinstall all your programs again (the ones you really need).
A full hhd tends to slow down about too

That could be system instability, this sort of thing can happen with a CPU that's dying or overclocked too far. Or it could just be bugginess. Ryzen CPUs had lockup problems on Linux until newer kernels and some BIOS updates came along and fixed things.

It's impossible to even really guess without knowing lots more specifics about your machine.

take the drive out, put it in another machine, copy any files you want to keep off the drive, put drive back, blow away everything on it and reinstall. This sort of thing is why you should always put your files in a single place that you control instead of just leaving them all over and letting the OS or search functionality keep track of them for you.

That should disconnect them, but they can just reconnect to the new one. You need sterner measures if you want to keep miscreants off a wi-fi network.

I inherited money, I recommend doing that.

Try it in another machine and see if it causes the same problems there. Modern PSUs will detect a short and refuse to turn on. If that happens, then RMA the drive.

Not these days, laptop CPUs are often soldered down, or at a minimum use different sockets. It has happened in the past though, some Athlon XP laptops used the same Socket A that desktops did. Overclockers bought the mobile chips and put them in desktops because they were binned higher, to run with lower voltages.

Try one of the tech threads.
But it looks like you need to be good at math

how hard would it be to connect a barcode scanner to a pc and scan a regular parcel code and get the number that is written on it? basically skiping the step of typing in the number manually.

Attached: 1544469570718.png (1080x1350, 2.6M)

>overclocked
its at stock freq, it scales from 800mhz to 3.2ghz
Its a phenom 2 x6 1090t
linux-4.19.8

>another machine
I dont have another machine. The drive is literally new not even 12 hours out of the static wrap. I doubt they would take it as an rma if it boots on their end and they send me a "waste of time" charge of $150 plus shipping.

Go to event viewer it might give you more info

On linux, this is dmesg.

Just plug it in and scan. Most will just emulate a keyboard and send the keystrokes of whatever they just scanned.

I want to rip all my DVDs so I can get rid of them and I want to do it as lazily as possible, ideally all I'll be doing is:
>rip video file from DVD
>re-encode video file to appropriate format, keeping chapter info
So what do?

>1500w
What the fuck are you doing with that?
Are you absolutely sure you plugged everything in right?.
You don't have computer shops in the area or any friends or computers at work you can do a quick test on?

MakeMKV to remux the DVDs. ffmpeg to reencode.
Alternatively you can use HandBrake to combine the steps.

is it really that easy? dont different parcel companys use different barcode encryption? and how would it know to print the number and not something else encrypted?

>1500W
I orginally had two 480GTX fermis in SLI OC'd. They were pulling upwards of 400W each.
I have 15 hard drives
I have a raid card
I wanted room to expand and have a nice buffer for transitor degration over time.

The system has been put together for close to 10 years without any dissasemble but removing one of the gfx cards years ago(it died), The only new thing to the system is the hdd, but yes i did verify everything was properly plugged in on the psu and on each compnent connected to it.
None of my friends have spare pc's(most are on android and mostly laptops)
Dont have the money to pay a repair shop $300 for LOL IT TURNS ON KTHNXBAI

no one?

Was arguing with this knuckle dragger who said he doesn't trust computers.
I said that humans are wrong 1000x more than computers and he rebutted "But computers were made by humans"
That statement was so stupid I had no idea how come back from that.
What should I say when someone makes that stupid ass point?

What kind of barcode do you want to scan?
Get a scanner that reads the barcode type of the barcodes you want to read.
Most barcodes are just numbers, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode#Linear_barcodes

I just scanned an amazon package, it uses a code128 and a data matrix barcode.
Both have the plaintext value printed next to them too.

Or am I understanding your question wrong? You are not going to get any info from what's behind these codes without access to your post offices database if you mean that.
A barcode scanner just reads the barcode, nothing more.

>That statement was so stupid I had no idea how come back from that.
>What should I say when someone makes that stupid ass point?
Even if made by human, comupters follow strict rules human put into them.
Human are not capable to stick to millions of rules at a time, computers can and will always do so.
That makes computers much more reliable than humans.

They really wouldn't be like that. But if your other HDDs are working fine with the same cables it's definitely the HDD.
Try Changing cables around.
I highly doubt this is the problem or a problem with any mobile but maybe your mobo doesn't support 10tb.
for a set up like yours I'm surprised your coming here for answers

>What should I say when someone makes that stupid ass point?
You slap them and tell them they were a mistake

i only want the number that is already visible on the parcel. you mean thats the only thing i will get anyway if i just scan it? And would that require any sort of software or do these scanners by default just print out the number if they are connected to a windows machine?

Do you get anything for letting xfinity use your router as a public hotspot? I don't care that much either way but figure I should disable it unless they're giving you a bill credit or something for it

Grab your phone and use a barcode scanning app and see what you get.

I've toyed with a normal EAN scanner 15 years ago for some microchip programming and it worked like a normal keyboard would.

Surely there's others methods too, just get one that suits your needs.

Speaking about this program btw xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-wifi-hotspots

It doesn't seem to say that you get anything for it so I'm turning it off for now, but if there is some benefit to it I'd be interested to hear it. Otherwise seems like there's no sense letting them profit off me for nothing when I'm already paying for my internet...

Don't do shit for free nigga. They're profiting off you generosity

He was from Africa so he likely was

Yeah that was my assumption (and the fact that most people won't bother to disable it since it's enabled by default) but figured I'd ask just in case it's knocking a few bucks off my bill or something.

Though I guess I'm kind of benefiting from it now since I'm still waiting for my place to get wired up for internet, their techs came out but said that a wire needs to be brought up from the unit below me and they don't do that so now I have to wait for the manager of the apartment to hire their own contractor to do it... But thanks to a neighbor hosting this shit on their own router I can still connect I guess, albeit at much slower speeds than what I'm paying for

>for a set up like yours I'm surprised your coming here for answers
I've exhausted any resources i have.
>mobo support
I couldnt find any new information for my mobo. The documentation is close to being 10 years old as is the bios and mobo. Im not aware of any restrictions on drive size for the sata 3 6gbps spec that would limit the hdd size. Its a 64 bit os as well, on modern filesystems that support multiple exobytes partition sizes(ext4,xfs)
Their is a "beta" bios from 2012 but the only things fixed is HDMI audio. Nothing else is listed on the changelog(and i dont use hdmi audio), so i never bothered updating

I cant fully replace the sytstem yet and needed addiitional space.

i guess its not that complicated then. thank you i will try it.

Attached: 42412123132.png (582x510, 567K)

Ordered an apple watch from Canada,

should i mark it as a 'gift' or 'for parts' to avoid tax?
will send it without the box so...

>mic works fine
>leave for a week because holidays
>return
>mic doesn't work
???

the pc knows i have a mic, but doesn't pick up sounds, i need to be loud as fuck to see that green thing (but even though i marked "hear device" i still can't hear it)
and yes, i rose up the levels

help please, i'm willing to pay 1 (one) bj

Attached: file.png (97x96, 1K)

What's the best option if I want to be able to watch videos completely free of both a stationary monitor and my hands? Do I have to shell out the $1500 or whatever for Google Glass Explorer Edition, or are there third-party wearable displays for a decent price?

I got it working, thanks.
The referrer isn't actually set, but the file URL is.
Jow Forums-X does a weird thing where the URL it returns for a download item is like this: 4channel.org/asdfasdf-asdfasdf-asdfasdf-asdfasdf
It makes a blob URL instead of passing back the original file URL.
I can't really think of a workaround to this, except suggesting something to the Jow Forums-X developers.

Does anyone know about how much it would cost to send an out of warranty laptop to Asus and have them replace the motherboard?

Your computer probably turned itself on and updated, breaking your audio drivers. Happens to me a lot on Windows 10. Just reinstall and reconfigure your audio driver shit.

New install of Win 10 - how do I get it to render certain ascii characters properly?

Attached: file.png (978x822, 209K)

If using a laptop running Debian and Whonix in a VM on said laptop, connecting to a router through lan cable - is the router a concern at all in regards to privacy?

Right now I am using a router that has been supplied by my ISP and I would like to know if I should switch it out for something with custom firmware etc.

Looks like missing fonts,
perhaps one of the game dir's has em, just install em if so.

no because we don't know where you live, etc.
perhaps the post office when you weigh the package and give em the destination and shit.

manufacturer might have better, always check

try to discharge it, sometimes works.

Attached: 1546497126142.jpg (959x959, 70K)

Discharge it?

Lucky. Yeah it's like with windows telemetry or anything you get now. You have to turn off the data mining.
Always looking for easy money.
Anyways what's up with the hotspot? So Xfinity users can use internet on the go?
If it's useful like that might aswell contribute

>He was from Africa so he likely was
Savage
Jesus dude. That's ancient. With all those HDDs and such are you some kind porn hording sage or something?

If you got a webcam you can do hand gestures. Like waving left and right. With some software. I think windows media player had it.
There are wireless mouses aswell
What exactly are you trying to do?

And if no such fonts exist in the app's folder?

>Discharge it?
You have to put it up your butt then scream.
DISCHARGE!!!!!
Whilst striking your best ginyu pose

Attached: TheGinyuForceDBK.png (360x450, 235K)

It was orginally a gaming machine for my brothers and i, then repurposed in to mass storage for my job. I convert analog formats to digital. So your old home videos on vhs,mini disk etc. I can import faster then i can encode, and theres not alot of room for growth.

>If you got a webcam you can do hand gestures.
>There are wireless mouses aswell
You misunderstand. When I say I don't want to use my hands, I mean I want to be able to see the video without having to set a monitor on a table next to me or use one of my hands to hold a display. I don't care about the input scheme.
I'm just not sure what the best product for that is, or how much that would cost, or if there even are good ones yet.

Attached: s-l300[1].jpg (300x240, 8K)

Is all closed source freeware malware?