I just found out that the "Data Structures and Programming" class that I'm enrolled in at my university uses fucking...

I just found out that the "Data Structures and Programming" class that I'm enrolled in at my university uses fucking Java. I am livid, the OOP class didn't teach OOP and was just a thinly veiled C#/.NET class, and now I'm convinced that this course will just be an OOP course. My school is teaching codemonkeying, not fucking CS. God dammit. Java niggers should kill themselves.

Attached: 1526130929516.jpg (450x288, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yegor256.com/2014/11/20/seven-virtues-of-good-object.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you think they should teach in CS then?

ANSI motherfucking C

Should have gone to a good school then

Kek, into the copypasta folder it goes. Also, if you are that upset, ace the course and look at the equivalent from different schools instead of bitching on 4channel.

You think creating a linked list in java is particular different from a linked list in C?

Start with Python, then do C, Haskell, Prolog and Ada.

It’s niggerlicious pajeet garbage

Tons of people learned to program on Java. It's just one class at the University. No one said you have to program Java for the rest of your life.

If you haven't graduated from college you really are not in much of a position to complain about the language they choose for the course. Kids on Jow Forums these days...

Attached: 1537220280886.jpg (746x599, 172K)

Imagine blindly hating OOP this much for no valid reason other than some false sense of superiority when the definition of a data structure and the answer to "what is the definition of OOP" are essentially identical.

Imagine using a bloated language whose features can be implemented in C with less overhead

Who gives a shit? It's all the same. If you can't take the concepts from one language and apply them to another, you're a moron.

Here's the thing. You don't have to use it outside of school. Mindblowing, right? The classes are mostly there to help you get an easy and fast understanding of programing in general. Also if you know one language, you can learn a second one that much quicker. Java is basically C#, and it's not all that different from python. I'm talking syntax here.

Go full Yegor on them, user.

yegor256.com/2014/11/20/seven-virtues-of-good-object.html

>Imagine using bloated C when it's features can be implemented directly in assembly with less overhead xDdd
Do you seriously think "muh cpu cycles" is the only factor that matters about a language?
Your own time is a lot more valuable than CPU time and you can save a whole lot of time, effort and headaches by choosing the most optimal tool for the job.

I'm just tired of codemonkey-tier classes that don't do what they're supposed to.

oh, so you believe those memes unironically. Nice. No wonder you go to the school you do.

But C# is literally java and, unbelielibibly as it is, even more shit

should have read the syllabus, faggot

C# and Java are the same shit.

I don't know why you think you can't learn how to do data structures in Java