Operating System

Let's settle this once and for all, which is the overall best operating system for everyday use (incl. programming)

Linux distros count.

MacOS is disqualified instantly for being made by Apple.

Attached: os.png (650x300, 167K)

Linux is stable, secure, and runs on anything. It supports the most file systems, userland utilites, web browsers, etc. That's why it's the superior operating system.

>MacOS is disqualified instantly for being made by Apple.
Objectively wrong, MacOS is an OS and therefore it's not disqualified, fuck your rules.
That being said, MacOS is shit.
Guhnoo/Linux is objectively the best operating system for everyday use
>inb4 which linux
None of them in particular, but specifically not android and probably not any other non-guhnoo linux either

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 5K)

You didn't specify profession and kind of usage, so I'll just say Windows server (or enterprise) simply because of how large chose of programs is (and a lot of them are windows-only).

Unironically, Windows

openbsd

You sound like a little kid

shit thread OP, it might've had some merit until you fucked it with that last line.

anyway, it's probably win10 given your overly vague requirements.

Mint

Ubuntu for software development
Windows for gaming

For computer idiots? I would say Windows 10. I formatted and did a clean install a couple days ago, and without any prompting, it found drivers for every device in and attached to the system, even the network printer.

For power users and programming? Im leaning toward Debian or Arch.

Within MacOS? Leopard if PPC, Snow Leopard or Lion if Intel. Those were the last good versions before it got infested with mobile cancer.

TempleOS

Ubuntu w/ i3.

Unless you're doing ios/macos dev.

>Let's settle this once and for all
is that how you think arguments work?

But can it play crysis?

i use adobe cloud, sometimes i game and render 3d... so sadly, windows.

There is no best, it's all about what you prefer, they do the same.
As for programming WHO THE FUCK CARES.
Step 1. Download toolchain
Step 2. Kill yourself

MacOS is instantaneously considered best, not even because of it's unix insides, logical UX, beautiful UI or program support, but simply because it's made by Apple.

This.

You aren't funny. Not even if this bullshit is ironic. You're just an annoying dumbfuck. Get the fuck out of here with that reddit shit, you stupid /v/toddler nigger.

Here's a webm.

Attached: desktop_thread.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Based.