/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1546556758029.jpg (840x1400, 517K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
dropbox.com/s/o7zkgbc1b6flevp/Beyerdynamic DT1990 (Analytic Earpads).pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally why did the actual HPG get Deleted and that meme shit not?

Attached: JPEG_20181225_022435.jpg (1696x1128, 522K)

Stax bad
Denon good

Based penguin poster

thats a new one

WHERE ARE THE ANIME GIRL FEET?

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax headphones are literally audiophool garbage

Attached: 15221907822860.jpg (221x229, 7K)

why are your stax so gross

what if she had no feet

My d2000 has amazing treble rape and amazing bass. I prefer it over my lambda for African bongo muzik

because the mods are mentally retarded, they routinely do the same thing with /csg/

>Budget
Under $500
>Location
USA
>Source
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
Neutral, I do a lot of editing, this is important.
>Past headphones
DT770 Pro - Nice but too bassy and I want something that's open.

Order HD660. Stax is good but you are too early in the journey young one.

Just don't get Stax, they sound like shit

I miss my stax so bad

Attached: IMG_20190103_182153048~2.jpg (2400x3200, 1.11M)

HD600.
HD660S is not as neutral as the HD600 and HD650. It's the least neutral choice. STAX aren't neutral unless used with the ED-1, their stock signature is very colored with recessed upper mids.

>recommends snapheiser

Unironically DT880.

ED-1 is a hardware filter

Anything that isn't shouty honky garbage is recessed upper mids to you

>DT770 Pro - Nice but too bassy and I want something that's open.
DT880, it sounds similar but much closer to neutral.

Attached: hpg.jpg (2000x2000, 789K)

To me all hd6xxs sound about the same. You are talking about 5% difference, which can be attributed to bad manufacturing tolerances.

Just order both hd600 and 660s and return the one you don’t like

>STAX
Objectively garbage.

Reviews of the 660 seem mixed and people are questioning if it's better than the 600 or 650 it seems. I think I'll rule out the 650 and 660. I want something for editing multimedia.
Does the DT880 emphasize sibilant sounds like the DT770 does?

>1990
>neutral
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

600 sounds like muddy honky garbage, rule that out too
yes 880 is sibilant

GRAS measuring rig shows that DT880 has only a 6kHz peak, but the rtings one shows a massive spike like in other Beyerdynamic cans.
The GRAS measurements are ""industry standard"" tho, so I'd say that 880 are not as treble rape as 770/990/1990.
>boomer treble

Did you find the 880 to be treble rape?

Do you have a link for the GRAS data? I'm deciding between DT880 and HD600, and possibly K702 (but people are saying these lack bass), not necessarily looking for enjoyment, just something to do work on. I'm worried about the DT880 emphasizing the sibilant sounds, don't really wanna calibrate it because I'm the OCD type when I start working on an EQ I will change it every day and keep messing with it. Really like the DT880's coiled cable however.

Don’t use reviews as a baseline. They are all shit. Order a bunch of headphones once, and returns the ones you don’t like. Amazon will take them for free(will pick them up too)

That being said, hd600 is an amazing pair of headphones, sounds very good despite the stax shills and snap memes. I couldn’t tell the difference between hd600 , 650 and 660 when I bought them all on amazon. Had them for 20 days or so before I decided to move on to speakers and keep my stax.

Fuck it, I ordered DT880 Pro and a HD600 on amazon. I might keep both since I'm usually lazy to do returns. Fit my 500 budget as well.

AMPERIOR SUPERIOR

Attached: a4.gif (773x864, 666K)

>possibly K702 (but people are saying these lack bass)
nobass, metallic treble.Only saving grace is the soundstage, that's about it. The more I listened to better headphones the less I could stand the K702, and that's despite being someone who tends to prefer bright headphones. These don't solely sound bright, they sound WRONG. Along with Grados, they could ear the podium for worst "audiophile targeted" products of all time (outside of absolute jokes like cable crystals)

>Fuck it, I ordered DT880 Pro and a HD600 on amazon. I might keep both since I'm usually lazy to do returns. Fit my 500 budget as well.
Fucking user.

I don't have them lmao
>t. your typical graph reader
Look up oratory1990's EQ presets and compare different cans with each other.

I took one day shipping as well, it's coming tomorrow. That said I should order some new earpads for my 770, they are literally yellow.

>they are literally yellow.
wtf is wrong with you.
Also if you wait till that point the sonic signature will have changed quite a bit. Flattened earpads like these will bring the driver closer and make the headphone sound brighter, the foam disintegrating should also affect the bass negatively.

Welcome to the journey. Now you will spend $$$$ on Hd800S and LCD3 and bunch of other shitphones before you come to conclusion cheap pair of studio monitors are superior.

They are really close in terms of sound signature user... >_>

and by studio monitor he means stax

>Does the DT880 emphasize sibilant sounds
Yes, to a less extend.

The pads still have the sponginess to them but you're right that it may have flattened.
Yeah I like to use monitors whenever possible, I feel like my ears can't breathe whenever I use closed back headphones.

>DT770 velours out of stock and one random seller is selling them for 80 dollars
Fuck.

No I have HS8s

hs5 are better, you got ripped m8

But Stax are even worse than mid-fi headphones.

stax is beaten by these big boiis

Attached: 31hFO5cKLzL._AC_SY400_.jpg (375x400, 12K)

>Look up oratory1990's EQ presets and compare different cans with each other.
I just looked at the measurements of a lot of headphones on the reddit post, the DT880 and HD600 do pretty well on staying close to the target curve. A lot more than many expensive headphones do.

>paying for iems
>not just EQing tour bus earbuds
Lol nice snake oil retard

There is very little correlation between price and sound quality

Attached: AE preference rating versus.png (830x540, 110K)

This claim has been debunked in several threads, check the archives

portapros confirmed better than any midfi trash

Reminder that DT 1990 are good headphones and well worth their price while HD 600 are outdated and overpriced junk.

Attached: beyer macht frei.jpg (1274x716, 53K)

sorry dt1990 is also midfi trash, only portapros and tour bus earbuds are worth it

ultimate poorfag objectivist pill

Something tells me you're that guy who used to constantly post pics of SHP and X2, latching onto beyer because Philips is pretty much dying if not already dead. Please cease and desist, and find another brand to besmirch with your usual tactics.

soundstage and technical ability don’t exist, just EQ and everything sounds the same

give me the cheapest poorest headphones that aren't shit.

KSC75. I don't care who has been memeing these recently, they really are good for the price. As good as really good headphones? No. But do they beat anything you could buy at such a low price point? Hell fucking yeah.

Is nikki-chan ok?, Larely he's been sperging out much worse than usual
I'm worried about him

Are they making bluetooth on ear/earbud/inear that are worth a damn? Low/no latency, great audio on par with wired?

*slaps your girlfriend’s ass*
What do you do?

Attached: image.jpg (1103x1134, 426K)

laugh at it being closedback lol no soundstage

>bluetooth
>actual (non-marketing) low latency
lmao no.
>great audio on par with wired
Close enough, but still underperforming for their various price points. There's no $300+ bluetooth headphone that's as good as a $300+ pair of wired. They're more like $200 and under pairs with a battery and bluetooth radio integrated and a heavy, hefty markup.
The best BT headphones sound acceptable, but they don't sound their worth in price.

If you really want BT headphones that much, just buy a receiver, attach it to your headphone with a very short cable linked to the receiver.

*throws out in garbage where it belongs*

And yet they have wider soundstage than the hd600

Attached: kek.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Detach it's cable

>And yet they have wider soundstage than the hd600
I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did.

tru tho

Attached: FF2E62BD-F54E-425B-A231-19081996E8D1.jpg (500x500, 70K)

your memes are low quaity son

Attached: no3.png (700x550, 272K)

The DT880 and HD600 measure better on oratory1990's measurements.

Who /treblerape/ club here?

I've considered that, but is the receiver going to do me any favors? I think I'm fine with being wired anyway, wireless is cyb and convenient in a few ways I suppose, but I don't intend to buy a wireless set until it is the equivalent of my wired set for at most a 25% price hike.

I'm no snob keep in mind, I use AKG K452. I'd pay for these, completely wireless and equivalent in all qualities, for $100.

oratory is a harmantard who no one should take seriously lol

I-it’s evolving! Nani?

Attached: image.jpg (1024x722, 167K)

based

dropbox.com/s/o7zkgbc1b6flevp/Beyerdynamic DT1990 (Analytic Earpads).pdf?dl=0

treble looks like dogshit desu

You can treble rape but gently.

Attached: beyer.jpg (525x897, 90K)

Based. Are you the akg sissy user?

>believing gookshit audiophool garbage shat out by "harman" aka samsung to shill their shitphones

Attached: 1543408513225.gif (500x491, 376K)

HD 600 on oratory1990's EQ presets barely make a difference.

I find this very interesting. The DT1990 seems to have different opinions here. Some are saying it's neutral and the treble is fine, while others are saying it's too bright, even compared to other beyers. I'm starting to believe the latter.

Me but I don't find them to treble rape me :3

Because HD600 is accurate, secondly, the sub-bass boost doesn't do much because sub-bass is the hardest region to hear. See loudness contour curves. Most people who meme that the HD600 has no bass has never heard speakers before.

>Harman
OH NO NO NO
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: Screenshot_20190103-200331~2.png (1440x454, 80K)

Bass for niggers, treble for sissy fags and mid for gentoo man. Amirite?

>akg
no.

Yeah, people who own them are fine with them, people who just look at graphs say they're too bright.

>harman curve
>falling for literal jewish lies

I've heard them and they're too bright, brighter than 770, 880 and 990. See:

Are you a girl(male)? Post feet

It gets worse AHAHAHA
lmfaoing@the absolute state of harmangoyim

Attached: Screenshot_20190103-200632~2.png (1440x1130, 185K)

I've heard you squeal when you had my dick up your ass and that was more shrill than any beyerdynamic could ever be

Male, pure sissy stuff.

Attached: beyer3.jpg (828x915, 109K)

Anyone here try out the Audeze Mobius? Wondering if there's finally a wireless headset with actual decent sound.

Attached: Mobius_Gallery2.jpg (5000x2800, 1.89M)

Now with your toes all spread out :3

Sorry user, I don't fuck beyerfags because they usually have very tiny penises and the penetration isn't satisfying. I like Sennfags with their large 8 inch penises.

no, fuck off

That's not what you moaned when I bent you over the kitchen counter with the HD600 pattern, but sure, play coy now