AMD or Intel Jow Forumsentlemen

AMD or Intel Jow Forumsentlemen

Currently i own an fx-6300, some bad mobo an 16gb of DDR3 ram.

Im planning to replace that with a Ryzen 5 2600, B350 Tomahawk mobo and 8-16GB of DDR4 2666 RAM (Hyperx predator?)

GPU is a 1060 3GB but i dont have any intentions to replace it soon.

I mostly use my PC for gaming, never and older games.

Im not sure if i should go for this or an intel build? Thanks

Attached: 1545741393072.jpg (2448x2448, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

emmi.rs/procesori-(cpu)-amd-am4-ryzen-5-2600.11.html?productId=73193
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She just shot her arrow in my heart o_o

Attached: 60aa1e9e56d8bf666aa153f831aeec760438399c_hq.gif (500x272, 321K)

Go for a console, and don't buy another PC.

Should i go for chinese takeout or pizza? You don't need to know my preferences or budget to give me an answer.

I'm doing the exact same thing and placed the order earlier today.

Attached: DvwTo9jWwAMppNn.jpg (1200x1200, 167K)

Terrible idea to go for intel now, since it's barely recovering from the vulnerabilities.
AYYMD used to be shit but now they're super competitive with ryzen.
Get a speedier ram (3GHz), the ryzen processors gain like 15% with good timings.
If I was on your feet, I'd wait for the next gen of ryzen, since the clock speed surpasses intel, which was its selling point before it got hit by meltdown.

WAIT for zen 2 you mong.

Attached: AdoredTV.png (1306x839, 800K)

get faster ram - 3000mhz is best and for fuk sakes get a b450 mobo

Make and eat a salad you fat American faggot.

i want to rape her

>a year away
keep moving the goalpost shill

I9 9900k. Better than ryzen at Gayming @ 1440p 144hz+
Ryzen if you don’t gayme, it’s this easy you dumbass

FX 8350, 6300 and Intel Q6600. The Intel can't even keep up with an old Athlon II X4.

>>a year away

Attached: 1520216532934.png (413x533, 75K)

zen 2 is slated for 1H 2019 you mongs

Attached: 1544098635767.jpg (462x429, 25K)

Chinese, sesame chicken

Hurr wait a year for a new product
You keep doing this every fucking year. At this point NOW, ryzen sucks dick at gaymes. I have high hopes next year so I can sell my i9 to a goyim and move on

This.
Even if you don't want zen 2 current stuff will be cheaper

Attached: 1545852429645.webm (1920x796, 1.89M)

Looks like she's wearing that faux-kilt backwards

BUT not by much. Remember than current zen+ has about 5% higher IPC than coffelake which means a 2700X with good RAM will MATCH the gaymen performance of a stock i7-8700K (give or take 1-2%).

Attached: Comb10102018092249.jpg (641x2895, 423K)

Only correct answer.

>DRM infested laggy piece of shit
Nah, we're not in middle school anymore.

>and for fuk sakes get a b450 mobo
so a tomahawk b450 then?

he has a 1060 you tard

>Buying a PC to play console ports instead of just buying the console
Your life is fucking redicoulous.

No it doesn’t. I have both 1700 and 9900k. I play on meme triple 1440p 144hz and ryzen misses around 40-60fps. Intel pays gayming firms to optimize their games for pootel. It’s good for other applications but not for gaymin. Don’t shill unless you have actually tried it.

Console games are optimized for 8-core AMD processors and graphics meaning something like a 2700X + vega 56 will net you like you 4X the FPS when compared to a piss 4. Kinda important now that 4K monitors will soon become the norm.

If you're looking to max out that fps then you need to blow a fat wad on a high end Intel. If you're looking for a good price to performance CPU and can wait a few months then get whatever zen 2 processor that would fit. I think it'd be wasteful to go for a current AMD or even an i5 right now without waiting to see how the zen 2s shakeout.

New gen of consoles is coming soon. This is the worst time to buy a new console.

So the budget is 450-500$ sorry goys i forgot to mention

For cpu or cpu and mobo

Then wait for zen2 with a good mobo and ram. You're not gonna get shit if you're including ram and mobo in that budget

both

You know that ddr4 is very OP right now right? You need to up your budget.

And ram too, i can find a good deal on my cuntrys ebay so its not too expensive

Not him but I've owned a i5-7500 KL system and then jumped on a ryzen 2600 system and experience similar FPS.

BUT I was using 2x4GB CL15 2133 MHz RAM. When I went to search for 2x8GB RAM kits I heard timing and higher frequencies improved FPS across most games so I went with a CL14 3000 MHz 2x8GB kit (had to OC RAM for tighter timings tho). However the FPS gains were pretty significant, about 10-20% across most games.

Anyway from what I understand RAM has something to do with the infinity fabric present on zen processors and affects it greatly. When you remove the RAM bottleneck it allows zen to run it's max potential but after about CL14 3200MHz it's diminishing returns.

Anyway I'm pretty excited for zen 2.

Attached: ryzen2-mem-w3-2.png (830x541, 12K)

Wait for CES.

what the fuck ram are you looking at that doesn't fit that budget

Ryzen rams are expensive. You need b-die meme and 16gb at that, that will cost 200. 300 for cpu and mobo is a bad idea. You need to wage cuck more or beg your mommy and come back with at least 700 bucks. Seeing how you hodl your gear for years this is a better idea. Get flagship now, and upgrade 10 years later.
Also check your psu. Caps don’t last that long.

This, 3200MHz CL14 2x8 kits for like $200. But definitely don't want to skimp out on that.

Attached: Bench.png (671x125, 7K)

Then wait for an new gen console. OP only plays games (and judging from the specs of current system only plays console ports), so op should get a console, and keep his current PC as is.

see see

B-die ram cl14 3000mhz. Literally all 200+ on bezos.com

Found hyperx fury 8gb ddr4 3000mhz for 100$ ryzen 5 2600 for around 230$ and bm350 for ,130$ that is my plan for rn, any good lads? I already can play for example shadow of the tombraider on high with just under 60fps, i dont need to spend thousands on parts just to get 500fps 60 is enough for now

Get a console. PC gaming is dead.

Get cheapest mobo. Get last year model, makes no difference. And get r7 instead

>ryzen 5 2600 for around 230$
lmao

Why would you settle for a quarter the FPS? Sure PC gaymen is more expensive but this is one of those times where you get what you pay for. The fact that console gaymed are being developed on zen + polaris architectures is even more reason to go with an amd cpu + gpu system now.

>Why would you settle for a quarter the FPS?
Why not just get a 9900k with 3 fucking etc 2080tis then. I mean OP seems like her only interests are /v/baby console games, so why get a PC.
OP would be happier with a console to play all the low end manbabby games without any issues.

emmi.rs/procesori-(cpu)-amd-am4-ryzen-5-2600.11.html?productId=73193

231$ to be exact, fucking retard

You can’t triple sli anymore Baka

based and truthpilled.

the 2600 should be selling for 170-180 max, not 230 fucking bucks.
also, do you mean 1x8gb or 2x8gb? because ryzen really benefits from dual channel memory

Uh I’m unironcially a semi pro. And I have 1080ti SLI get rekt seething poorfag

see
Also a vega 56 + 2600 is more than enough, no need for intel and nvidia trash

>At this point NOW, ryzen sucks dick at gaymes
>Muh 5% difference

>DDR4 2666 RAM
Go with 3200 ram. It makes a noticeable difference on Ryzen.

See

CL is more important. Even 3000 MHz is fine if it's CL14.

Attached: 10 - Performance Index.png (856x430, 30K)

YOU DON'T NEED to buy intel or nvidia trash, 2600 can be had for under $200 and vega 56 for under $400. Why are you enforcing this need to buy the most overpriced computer components just to enjoy pc gaymen anyway?

>The fact that console gaymed are being developed on zen + polaris architectures is even more reason to go with an amd cpu + gpu system now.
Why get a PC when the fucking consoles run the games better, and at 4k. A PC is a waste if your aims are just to play these games.

>Gayming @ 1440p 144hz+
That's pretty niche and would require that user also buys a 1440p 144hz+ monitor and at least a 1080ti. But user said he will use a 1060 3gb.

2x4GB

>Why get a PC when the fucking consoles run the games better, and at 4k.
Source? Last time I checked most piss 4 titles run at 30 fps max at 1080p with poor texture quality and essentially no anti aillaising.

You don't need to buy a PC for gaymaning. It's a waste of a PC especially considering the fact that pc games are mostly shitty console ports today.

Wait for AMD Ryzen 3 and AMD Navi GPUs.

You will safe some hundred dollars.

>Last time I checked
Why don't you check again you fucking retard.

Can all the console retards leave my thread? Im not throwing 300+ for an inferior piece of shit

New cpus are coming out in like a month or two now is a real bad time to upgrade

ESL pajeets shilling ayyymd. Who woulda thought huh?

Why does user have to keep reiterating that console gaymes are now developed on amd hardware and would therefore run BETTER on modern faster amd cpu and gpus from AMD?

>Buying an inferior pc to play games
Your head is fucked user.

Shut the fuck up Michael.

For real though the vega 56 which now goes for like $400 curb stomped a GTX 1080 Ti, let that sink in.

Attached: Dirt_1080p.png (1295x1392, 44K)

Fuck outta my thread with your consoles, go play ur read dead reddit u basedboy

Because that doesn't translate into a good console port when they finally end up on pc a year, or so later you mong.
You're looking at it as if it's a 1:1 comparison when it isn't.
A PC is quite literally a waste of money for gaming.

LOL, once AMD manages to fix the geometry bottleneck in navi nvidia is going to get stomped.

Sorry I don’t play your pajeet games. AAA fps are nvidiot optimized you curry shitting nigger. I hate all intel/amd nvidia but intel+nvidia performs better in my games.

You're retarded.

Go back to /v/ you dumb 12 year old faggot. You should literally stick to consoles if you're only playing low end vidya.

Getting those future boomers while they're still young

Attached: Untitled-1.png (1200x1200, 817K)

No you really are though. You're might actually be too dumb to help user. I feel bad for you.

It's like user keeps repeating over and over again: gaymes are now being optimized for AMD hardware. They're being developed on AMD CPUs and GPU based consoles FIRST then PCs.

Attached: GIMPWORSE_VS_FINEWINE_0.jpg (744x736, 162K)

OP buy yourself a console, and a noose.

I plan to play arma 4 on pc. Will BIS optimize for amd?

Huh?

Attached: image.jpg (1328x2537, 1.09M)

Probably not, it wasn't released on piss 4 or xbone first.

It's called finewine, look it up.

Arma games are nvidia optimized. Look at their phys-x support.

U must be over 18 to post. Stick to consoles little faggot.

Go eat shit, nigger

this

console cucks everyone

Lost crossboarders everyone.
>>Jow Forums is not >>/v/

We're not the consolefags here. /v/ loathes npcs

You are a consolefag you piece of shit. Just, because you try to hide behind "le built a cheap computer myself" doesn't change that fact. At the end of the day all you are accomplishing is playing console games, but on a computer, dumbass.
Just go buy that console since it's more capable of playing all those shitty cookie cutter games, and never comeback to the sanctuary that is .
Check numbers.

>console
Games mostly cost full price. Can't install mods. Get banned from all online on the system if they don't like you. The next new console probably won't play the games you already have, so either you lose them or you get to buy them all over again as "classics".
>PC
Games are frequently on sale on Steam, Humble, GOG, etc. Freedom to install mods. If you're banned from one game or platform you can still play others. Can also do work on it. Can build one with comparable specs for a comparable price. Can upgrade parts one at a time instead of being stuck on 5 year old tech until the next generation is released. If you get a new one, it can generally run the games you bought before.

OP also already has a perfectly good GPU so that's a decent bit off the price.

Calm down man, I don't even partake in brandwars anymore. I just want something to take the pain away now that I have cirrhosis from all those fireballs I used to do daily in collage.

>ryzen sucks dick at gaymes
Huuuurrrrr duuuurrrr....140fps is totally unplayable. You need 160+!!!!

Attached: le-sad-merchant.png (719x720, 255K)