2019 Display Technology

Get the fuck in here Jow Forums. It's time for another thread on displays. What are your hopes and dreams for 2019? CES is coming up. So far LG and Samsung have announced initial details of what to expect for their lineups, although no tech specs yet.

news.samsung.com/global/samsungs-new-2019-monitors-are-designed-for-modern-workspaces-and-next-generation-gaming
lgnewsroom.com/2019/01/thinq-ai-and-alpha-9-gen-2-processor-deliver-whole-new-user-experience-to-lg-tvs/

Personally, I want a 32" 4k monitor with decent HDR and panel tech that doesn't cost twice as much as an 8-core gaming system. Been using dual 24" Dell UltraSharps for the last decade and one of them just died, it's time for a change.

Attached: best-monitor-for-programming.jpg (800x500, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lgnewsroom.com/2018/12/lineup-of-new-ultra-monitors-from-lg-coming-to-ces/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoops, wrong link for LG.

lgnewsroom.com/2018/12/lineup-of-new-ultra-monitors-from-lg-coming-to-ces/

HDMI 2.1 :)
>I want a 32" 4k monitor with decent HDR
Only few monitors begin real HDR.
Quantum dots LCD or very expensive LCD.

you want the dpi

32" 4K seems fine, it's nearly the same DPI than my T470s.

>What are your hopes and dreams for 2019? I want an 8k/10k 300hz monitor that has zero input lag, instaneous refresh, perfect colors, and no burn in for $50.00.

>The best monitors to boost your productivity
lmao

somewhat odd question: is ghosting/trailing an issue on VA displays when it comes to 30 fps games ?

I really just want a cheap 1440p Gay-sync monitor. Fucking Nvidia tax

I'd take an 8k 55 incher that runs at 4k120 and upscales the jaggies away.

That being said OLED 55 incher 4k120 is probably the way to go.

Fuck video games and fuck movies. Fucking normalfag subhuman pieces of shit ruined 5:4 and 4:3 monitors for all the people who actually use their computers for work.

Attached: 107.jpg (600x584, 26K)

Jesus christ, calm down. Normies pay you for your efforts. Get better eye sight and deal with it.

Attached: PicardShocked.jpg (694x530, 67K)

What're you bitching at, 3:2 laptops exist and you're no longer restricted by the display sizes of the 90s.

Get a 4k 40 incher and split your 'work' panels accordingly if you want that much space.

Dumbfag here, if I don't have a good enough rig is it worth it to buy 4k or 1440p monitor for productivity purposes?

Would my game look terrible if I put in 1080p onto 4k monitor

>got directors old 27" 144hz gaymen monitor
>it looks like shit because TN
I like the size though.

i did this for a while when i had my 780 ti's on a 4k tv. you do better running 1440p on 4k than 1080p on 4k desu senpai.

LG OLED TVs confirmed for 120hz 4k with hdmi 2.1 No point getting anything else. Just save up for navi (they better have hdmi 2.1 if they're not retarded) or whatever nvidia has coming next year

It depends. I've seen one 32" AOC VA monitor that was just .. extremely bad for both games and movies, the ghosting on it was really apparent and in your face, wasn't exactly some minor thing you'd hardly notice. I've also seen VA panels which were refreshing like a gaming TN panel but had better colors.

You pretty much know what you get with TN, high refresh rates and shitty colors. And you know you get great colors and some backlight glow with TN. Panels called "VA" seem to be all over the place. Wouldn't buy one before you've seen it.

What I want most is to be rid of LCD and all its flaws, since that currently isn't happening without OLED's burn-in, which is basically an even worse flaw, I'll settle for shit getting cheaper, hopefully. I want 27" 4K at 120Hz+ with HDR and FALD. A couple of screens like this already exist, but pricing is so astronomically ridiculous that there's no way I can justify it. I want this at $1000 at most, not double that or even more. Probably won't happen, at least not until HDMI 2.1 or the next DP standard become really common, which will only happen in 2020+ since we don't even have graphics cards which support those anyway.

I think what we're going to see is:
- Cheaper VA/IPS 1440p 27"ers
- minimum spec HDR gets more and more advertised

What I wish we'd see, but probably won't:
- more DisplayPort 1.4
- less nvidia cards

wait for JOLED

I bought a Samsung C32F391 32" curved 1080p from Amazon on December 2017. And then there's an even cheaper version, the Samsung C32F397, with virtually identical specifications, and I saw it on November 2018 at my local Costco.
Now I see in the OP's link, they will now make a 32" curved monitor in 4K UHD. Now you can choose a monitor either in 1080p or 4K UHD.

Attached: SamsungC32F397.jpg (1200x1200, 103K)

Juden Shekelstein pays you to code AND work on 16:9 so deal with it or the juden will give job to Pajeet Subalamabarakrishnan

These 40 inch+ curved monitors don't interest me at all. Sure would be cool for some gaming experience, but as general browsing I feel like these are terrible. Shame literally everything from both these companies is some ultra big curved meme stuff.

Are VAs a better option than IPS if I'm more concerned with blacks? So far I wasn't impressed by bright ips shits too much, but I'm not sure if it's still worth it to buy a TN new soon.

Attached: shotgun_redneck_apu.png (808x1300, 383K)

Are curved monitors a meme?

>What are your hopes and dreams for 2019
curved meme dies
ultrameme dies
TN dies

The existance of AHVA is confusing as well because that's just AU Optronic's name for an IPS panel.