3rd year CS

>3rd year CS
>classmates can't even write a program that diagonalizes a matrix
Why?

Attached: 1525519286424.png (600x661, 750K)

because some people get through classes by cheating and piggybacking on others. I have people in my master classes that can't code or do basic proofs

>10th year since tetting Math PhD
>can't even get a job outside of teaching middle school
Why?

What is diagnosing a matrix, goy?

Math has a lot of options retards

>actuary
>data science
>financial analysis
>many many more

I've yet to see any proof.

try going to university then, brainlet

Math majors are the brainlets, always larping about their 300k starting. I went to a top 10 university and none of the math majors I knew accomplished anything. I've browsed this board for 10 years and none of the retards from /sci/ has accomplished anything.

that... is completely unrelated to the discussion, but thanks for the blogpost

Its because they cheated their way through. Be it the classic cheating on tests, copying other people's homework, or doing a lot of homework with others, found solutions online, their greek house keeping solutions from the previous classes, and so on.

The reason why you do very basic things in an interview is to weed out those people who cheated through 4 years of college.

>browsing Jow Forums for 10 years
>math majors are losers

They are.

Math majors are more competent and higher intelligence than CS majors you brainlet

i took linear algebra last semester and that was the first time i ever learned about diagonalizing matrices. i have no idea how to write a program to do that

Then why do most of them work as teachers?

ask them you fucking troglodyte, not us

Ayy, guilty as charged. Though if you want to blame someone, blame Stackoverflow or Google for turning programming into Command-C

Why the fuck would I want to do that. You really think that's going to help you in any interview or when your are doing some grunt bullshit no one else wanted to do??

Sounds like CS at my school. When I realized how incompetent the average CS grad was I knew my future was secure.

Because they don't get a MSC

You know the algorithm so you should be able to just sit down and write a working solution pretty easily. It doesn't have to be a good solution, or an efficient one.

I'm talking about the PhDs though.

I think those teachers only speak in bloat.

It's easy you just need to find the eigenvalues, then the eigenvectors then setup P then find P inverse and then multiple Pinverse by A then multiple by P

If you can't implement an algorithm from a formal definition of it in your language of choice you shouldn't be applying for jobs.

I can get eigen values by hand but I don't rememer how to writre an algorithm that does it.

Really? Are you retarded?

How to get zeroes of chareterisitic polynomial on computerrr???

I don't know how to do it for matrices that are order higher than 5, but for 2by2 3by3 4by4 and 5by5 you just factor

Good luck, that's one of the unsolved problems of the century

Given a math PhD prove that you can find a job

5x5 would be quintic which has no general factoring yes?

yes your right, meant to say 5 or higher.

And technically it does have factors, you either need cooked matrices that have real factors, or use special notation

>another undergrad posting about how he's better than his peers

please fuck off and start posting after you graduate, nobody gives a shit about how your schooling is going

OP wasn't even saying that