Best Antivirus software? I've finally got the income to pay for a decent one...

Best Antivirus software? I've finally got the income to pay for a decent one, and I'm pretty sure my current free antivirus is shit. So, any suggestions? I'm no computer genius, but I'm fairly decent with computers so a more complex program probably isn't an issue.

Attached: avast-2015-outdated-update-pop-up-notification.jpg (372x238, 22K)

malwarebytes is still king. everything else is just as bad as malware (and just as intrusive). most of this shit is snake oil for retards anyway.

Kapersky

An OS that isn't Windows

>2019
>antivirus
Use anti-executable and firewall in whitelist mode instead or just use a proper OS

use an bootable antivirus to do a full system scan every couple of months

>use a proper OS
mac toddlers and loonix users actually think they can't get a virus

that's why they are such an easy target

Windows Defender is fine
CCleaner
Malwarebytes
Gentoo
Common sense

>Common sense
>CCleaner
kek

>still running an av
plebes

Attached: 1507854601492.jpg (640x705, 43K)

this

ccleaner is not safe

howdy vlad

do elaborate pls

A while ago their installer got infected

oy vey
but what about the software apart from infiltrations

One word "Avast"

Attached: 1546544200428.jpg (914x565, 70K)

get your payload on any mac/linux machine and own your target's ass

they won't notice for months

'cause it's 2019 and you don't need an antivirus at all

Пpивeт

Windows Defender with the "ransomware protection" (user data read-only) turned on, and all the exploit mitigations explicitly turned ON (not "Default On"!)

If you need any more protection than this, you're probably a retard.

Why would you use internet security instead of using the firewall version set up to auto sandbox unknown files Comodos antivirus is pure shit firewall and sandbox are the only reason to use Comodo

Okay, so I'm hearing malwarebytes and kapersky are decent especially malwarebytes, though perhaps not on auto-boot but rather just turned on every few months to do a full scan. I should also look into anti-executables and whitelist mode firewalls (possibly comodo)... And an alternative is windows defender set to ransomware protection and all exploit mitigations set fully to On. Anything else?

>Anything else?

Surf and read email using Tor browser in a Linux virtual machine. That's better than all the other good ideas.

this or windows defender

Debian
ublock origin
Common sense pro 2019
ufw firewall

clamav

Debian
ublock origin
Common sense pro 2019
clamav
ufw firewall

Unless you're constantly carrying data that would make you a target and/or keeping it on a privately owned server, you're never going to see anything worse than an adbot. Get uBlock Origin (on Firefox, mind you) and stick to Windows Defender. It's actually good now if you have the RAM.

Alternatively, switch to a Linux distro that commonly isn't targeted like Mint or ubuntu.

Either Armadito or ClamWin.
They're both libre, so you won't get any nags or spyware.

Windows defender.

Common Sense™ 2019 is all you need

common sense is not so common
what do you do?

the one and only

Attached: images.jpg (254x199, 8K)

Microsoft security essentials and Spybot is all you'll ever need

Linux or Mac, but use Kaspersky Rescue Disk or another bootable antivirus every so often. You can't totally stop worrying about security just by dumping Windows, but you do avoid most of the problems. In all my years of running Linux and Macs, I've never had malware on one, but I still like to be sure.

It's really nice that you can use an old version of Vipre which still gets updates and can be [illegal]'d for like 100 years

pussy destroyer

Buy whichever has the most shiney UI and bling bling.

>I've finally got the income to pay for a decent one
money well spent
>tfw people actually think that paid antivirus is better than free/windows defender

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 7K)

Eh, we all have to learn things somewhere. At least I had the sense to come on here and ask, rather than immediately throwing money at one.

a brain

Throw your computer in the trash

Ohhhh shhhhhhiiittt

Attached: 1546578343184.jpg (500x462, 29K)

Common sense and windows defender

Wordpress and linux

it was just today that i realized i deactivated my antivirus over a year ago, and im not planing to reactivate it

Attached: 1370336618983.jpg (500x454, 55K)