Your phone could restart at the middle of the night and you'll be late for work

>your phone could restart at the middle of the night and you'll be late for work

Attached: google.com-1.jpg (231x218, 8K)

>your phone can autoupdate and brick itself in the middle of the night

>use phone alarm clock app
>it has ads
>alarm goes off
>still very groggy
>reach for the snooze button
>click the banner ad by accident but too sleepy to notice
>app fucking crashes
>"snooze" for over an hour
>end up late for work

Happened twice in the past three years, and now I keep two phones (current + old phone) with two separate alarms because of it.

Attached: angry freedom fighting frog.jpg (582x377, 35K)

>Using an alarm app with ads
Retard

What kind of shitty wage slave job do you have where you can be "late"?

Kill yourself frogposter

Attached: 1527541749332.png (500x712, 542K)

how is a restart going to block your alarm exactly?

why aren't you just using the stock clock app, wtf?

What is up with this bugmen idea of "a digital version exists so I absolutely must use it"?
Everyone now self strips themselves of the joy of using physical products to use soulless electronic versions instead.
In answer to your concerns: just buy the fucking thing that your app is emulating, they're 100x more reliable.

Why the fuck would you use an alarm clock app?
Just use the fucking app that comes with your phone

Precisely

The power could go out and your alarm clock would reset.

exactly this tbqhwy

This has happened to me far more times than my phone alarm has failed. What is with all the anti-progress sentiment on a technology board?

>buying
You're the bugman here

What?
Your alarm doesn't disappear

tfw have dedicated alarm clock that has battery backup.

I had an alarm clock, it never actually woke me up because I got used to the sound. I use 3 alarms with different sounds every morning.

Is that why you work at Walmart?

lmao android users struggling to have a working alarm.

Just use a a dedicated alarm clock, you can get a perfectly good one for like 10$. Then use it in addition to your phone's alarm.
That way, even if one of them for some reason doesn't work, there is still the other one. The probability of both not working is tiny.

However, you should really just go to bed early so that you don't need an alarm to wake up in time, user.

>being late to work
>having to wake up at a certain time
wagecuck problems

Things that never happened: the post

>lmao android users struggling to have a working alarm.
On Symbian Nokias, the alarm would go off even if your phone was not even turned on. I miss that feature so much... It was also in the N9 if I remember correctly.

>putting all functions into a single device is progress

No that's retardation.

Too bad nokia got sabotaged by microsoft, they had some legit interesting stuff going on.

just go to bed earlier

Is it samsung?

samsung has a preinstalled a maintenance app that does that.

That's because they had a smaller spearate battery for that.

I set three alarms the night before exams, including at least one analog one.

Don't care if I'm late for work once, but it's never happened. Pretty sure the Android alarm app can handle restarts.

Attached: IMG_20190104_123001.jpg (1080x865, 131K)

Buy a fucking $10 am/FM clock radio you dipshit.

Most digital alarm clocks have a spot for a 9 volt battery so when the power goes they don't lose the time.

Androids literally do alarms even if the phone is off, autist

>my phone's battery has inflated in the middle of the night and I was late for college 4 months ago

Attached: 1495821909966.jpg (1359x1812, 206K)

>bought a cheat Casio 9 years ago
>wake up every day on time

Attached: 1365607396352.jpg (469x501, 119K)

analog is kino
woodgrain gets my dick hard
I only write with 10 cent bic sticks and fountain pens
quality stationery is worth more than your apple play huluflix subscription
condoms are overrated
hairy pussy feels better
and most of all...
unemployment is for niggers

And how does a restart affect the alarm app? I just tried rebooting manually and it literally does nothing, the alarm goes off as usual.

No, RETARDS struggle to use their phones like normal people. I use the stock clock app that came with my phone. No ads, no bugs or whatever, multiple useful fonctions for deep sleepers. My phone NEVER restarts during the night (or ever for that matter) because I'm not an idiot who enables auto updates. Jesus I'm really impressed by how stupid some people can be, if you're too stupid to use an android phone correctly there is a foolproof option called an iPhone just for you.

Never ever encountered that ever, what is this maintenance tool that restarts your phone for you you're speaking of ?

Posted from my galaxy a3 2017

the 360 thing

Attached: 123.jpg (486x675, 31K)

You can disable it, if you don't then it's your fault and not the manufacturer's

Usually it's the bugmen who like retro hipster stuff though.

Pay for sleep for Android

>your phone charger could combust and burn your house down with you in it
Part of that happened when I was awake. It was a Samsung charger.

Bugmen are only into meme tier stuff like Vinyl that's objectively worse than modern technology though.
If you use 'retro' stuff like physical alarm clocks and fountain pens purely because they work better then you're not a hipster.

>your heart could stop at the middle of the night and you'll be late for work

> Use a traditional alarm clock with a battery backup
> Still late to work because I'm not going to live on someone else's schedule
> Feels good to be a gangsta

This

Nobody thinks "a digital version exists so I absolutely must use it". They think "oh, so this device consolidates the featues of 4 different things into a single convenient package without a real downside. Why wouldn't they use the digital version when it's the smart thing to do?

sshhh user, remember: OLD THING = BAD

I unironically have a dedicated alarm clock that has a battery backup. Use it everyday. It's set 5 minutes past my phone's alarm, good forbid the phone dies/restarts/updates in the middle of the night and fucks up the clock somehow.

99% of the time the vibration of my phone wakes me up and I just turn off the secondary alarm then too

vinyl has value though. you can trade and resell, sometimes they go up in value, or loose some. plus it's really nice to have something to collect and take care of in a wolrd where everthing is digital and shit

My phone's bootloader is so fucking fancy it automatically sets up a scheduled boot a few minutes before an alarm goes off. I could literally leave my phone shut down and still get an alarm.

This happened to me on the first day of my internship last year, my phone decided to auto-update (and I had a custom recovery so somehow that fucked the OTA update), leaving me in recovery mode when I woke up without an alarm. Nightmare scenario shit, makes me nervous at night now.

Yeah but CDs also have all of that while being less of a meme.
I understand the appeal of vinyl, but it's not technically or practically superior to digital in any way.

>this device consolidates the featues of 4 different things into a single convenient package without a real downside
Phones are 'jack of all trades master of none' devices though. They do a half assed job of everything compared to the dedicated equivalent, the only advantage of them is that they're extremely portable.
No one would use a phone for web browsing if they could just summon a laptop at will, no one would use a phone camera if they could just summon a DSLR at will etc etc.

There's something seriously wrong with you if:
A.) Don't naturally have a mental sleep-wake cycle. I always fall dead asleep by 11 PM and can't sleep past 6 AM.
B.) Don't have a dedicated alarm clock high on a shelf instead of trusting your botnet phone for everything. Always have a backup.

If you don't like the normal loud alarm clocks then you should consider buying sunrise alarm lamps, it might help you wake up easier.

Attached: misc_0183.jpg (626x717, 55K)

Luckily my boss doesn't care and lets me work from home if I wish

Also if you've had a dedicated multiple year life of sleeping at 3 AM and waking up at noon then you're gonna have to drug yourself back to a normal sleeping schedule for a while. 1-2 weeks of taking sleeping medication 1 full hour before you want to fall asleep.

Just don't keep doing it after that, remember it knocks you out for the most part not get you 100% restful sleep. It's use is to get your internal sleep-wake cycle back to normal.

Attached: 65B021DCFDCA49D190F689B17655F1BC.jpg (640x1136, 85K)

I disagree with your second point but your first is true. I always wake up like 2 minutes before my alarms were set once I get into a schedule.

Will librem5 be the savior of the smartphone users, Jow Forums ?

You're more likely wake up if you actually have to get up to turn off your alarm. Your body sub-consciously tends to automatically hit the snooze button on your phone/alarm if it's in close proximity without waking you up. At the very least your phone should be on that shelf. You'll probably shut off the alarm before it goes off like you say but it's a good precautionary measure.

Protip for those who still feel like ass after 5-10 minutes after waking up: splash some cold water in your face and take some deep breaths, it will kind of jump start your body for the day before I nice cup of tea/monster.

Attached: aoeeqbw_460swp.jpg (10000x10000, 1.95M)

It's a shit phone with shit specs. Stop shilling that trash. Some of us have jobs you know.

Maybe with an android phone. iOS is so stable I haven’t had many issues with it.

Actually it's the MOST unstable. iPhones are in a perpetual state of BETA testing, why do you think iPhones sales are so low despite black people carriers giving them away for free?

Attached: 1532319048274.png (931x846, 415K)

This. Honestly, the best way to avoid oversleeping is getting your sleep cycle in check.
Stop shitposting until 4 AM and go to bed early.

I mean smartphone sales in general are down. There’s not any reason to buy a new one unless you want a new camera or better display (or if you’re a mobile gamer).

That’s pretty though especially if it’s a wide spread issue. All the telemarketers appear to be reaching me still so I haven’t had any issues with calls in the latest iOS version.

Nobody is forcing you to give up your alarm clock you luddite boomer

Also find out what the best time for supper is. I've found eating 4-6 hours before bed time helps you fall asleep faster and stay asleep.

Well most people DO have issues which is why they're refusing to "upgrade" despite them being handed out like candy by competing MVNOs. I work at a busy boost store in a half good/bad neighborhood and most people choose the free LG/samshit phones over the free/reduced iPhones. A lot of them coming with iPhones to begin with.

Obviously it's not just the price tag of iPhones keeping people away from them if they won't use them even for free.

Your phone does not have an alarm app from android/[brand]?

>without a real downside
with the downside that it doesn't fucking work

>No one would use a phone for web browsing if they could just summon a laptop at wil

KLULLULULUULULLUULULUL

get back to bed gramps. nobody younger than like 25 is touching anything larger than a phone to browse the net

This has happened to me multiple times

How about using a Casio wristwatch instead of leaving your botnet phone switched on 24/7. Those things last forever, use barely any power and don't spy on you. Also don't give you cancer like a cell signal.

Not that user but there are some alarm clock apps that are much more advanced than default ones. For instance there is one where you can set that you have to scan qr code to disable alarm, or solve math problem etc. It has ads.
Its good for people who have hard time waking up. Used to ise it, although I had ads blocked anyways. But then it stopped working on me anyway, now I just work 10 to 6.