Nvme m2 drive for boot and other stuff

>nvme m2 drive for boot and other stuff
>external ssd drive for extra storage

There is no better setup than this.

Attached: samsung_mz_v7p512bw_512gb_970_pro_nvme_1398243.jpg (2500x2500, 512K)

240gb nvme ssd for root and swap
500GB SATA ssd for home
20TB NAS

Beat that.

>20TB

But why.

I don't think that is particularly significant. What seems odd about it to you?

What would you do with all that storage. Do they even make 20TB drives.

drive size has nothing to do with NAS size

>entire local storage held in a ram disk
>triple redundancy and always on
>real-time replication to nvme based raid0 local array on a 100gbps backplane connection
>40gbe connection to nvme based 30tb local storage array
>100tb spinning disk "off site" storage array connected with a 1gbps wireless link to 20 miles away.
Eat my ass poorfag

why would you want a single 20TB drive, you retarded mongoloid?
>hurr i lost all my data because i'm a retard with no backups

Why are you even on this board? Read global rule number 2.

Storage and backups. My husband and kids all back up their computers to the NAS, and it backs itself up nightly. It really isn't that much space considering.

What did I say that triggered you guys. It was an honest question.

It is just a poorly informed statement to make.

SATA SSD + SATA HDD, both encrypted, is the best setup. nvmeme is a just that; a jewish trick to make ssds expensive again.

Attached: 2019-01-04-1546585572.png (628x317, 41K)

>All that storage

Sheeeit, i wouldnt even consider building a nas if it wasnt minimum 20tb right now.

I have 10tbs of data easy, if i wasnt actually lazy and digitised my blu-ray dvd and music collection properly at good quality id probably use 20tb easy.

I'm thinking about getting into HD and 4K video editing too as i do sound / mix engineering and recording as a hobby and have considered doing music videos too so there is no damned way 20tb would cut it for me.

Id probably have a 30tb-50tb personal nas to future proof me for the next few years and at least a 20tb for video work.

Shit i've just realized i have about 5 tb of games too, including a 14-15 year old steam library at this point.

>It was an honest question.
Ask retard questions, get treated like one.

Attached: 1530275095705.jpg (640x640, 75K)

You wouldnt run a single 20tb drive and im not sure they make em anyway, biggest ive seen is 14tb.

You'd run like twin 14tbs, once for redundancy, so if you get a drive failure the data is safe, or you'd run 4x14tbs or 8x14tbs.

As i said in the other post, if i was building a nas right now i wouldnt even consider anything less than 4x10tb drives.

Edgy

Do you even know what a NAS is

do you?

Found the imbecile.

>1TB 970pro.
>5TB onedrive backup for 10$ a month.

alltough the onedrive application is fucking retarded. the price was decent, and i got 5 licenses for office to boot.

Yeah I'm gonna setup to a NVME for my boot device this year. Got a 2TB SSD to replace my 1TB HDD. Just got a 4k TV so I've been downloading 4K content and yeah a NAS might be in my future as well.

stuff. and things

>storing data on the droplet jew

>10$ a month
what a dumb fucking bitch you are, lmao

Jelly

500gb nvme boot drive
2tb sata games drive because I'm 12
10tb WD red hdd for long term/media storage and recording shit

I have a plan to install 4 more sata m.2 drives in a 3.5 inch bay adapter like pic related, when the price drops or when I want more storage.

Attached: file.png (1500x1500, 1.46M)

also have a 12tb NAS for my plex/file server

buy a 5tb hard drive in an enclosure, it'll cost like 200 bucks tops and it'll last for 5 years easily.

>ssd for swap
just buy ram and turn off swap?

You'll never know when some ancient, half forgotten but still crucial legacy thing suddenly thinks it requires swap.
And setting aside .5-1 GB of space doesn't really matter in the larger scheme of things.

>nvme m2 drive for boot because all other slots are already occupied by 10 year old HDDs

Attached: 1544850679881.png (619x363, 179K)