COOK BLAMES BATTERY REPLACEMENT FOR POOR IPHONE SALES

You can't make this shit up
apple.com/newsroom/2019/01/letter-from-tim-cook-to-apple-investors/
theverge.com/2019/1/2/18165866/apple-iphone-sales-cheap-battery-replacement
Someone please mirror this. I'm phoneposting now

Attached: Screenshot_20190104-101903.png (1080x1920, 930K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/macbook-air/specs/)
amazon.com/Skyvast-Replacement-SP3770E1H-GT-N5100-SGH-I467ZWAATT-x/dp/B01J36AS9Y/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1546627745&sr=8-13&keywords=note 8 battery
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the mofo is literally accepting the ruse they pull with batteries to avoid more damage with investors

MACFAGS BTFO

Attached: 1544800576071.gif (219x186, 1.76M)

I'm here waiting for the itoddlers btfo comment

continue

iToddlers BTFO

Attached: itoddler.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

How much does it cost to replace a Poosung battery?

Based Sataniapill

$70 on the Note8

No. It's at least $400.

Honestly, I wonder if people are waiting for 5g? I think that is going to be motivation to switch.

Also I can see a future where phones replace computers for average consumers. Like there will be a dock, that has a external display and keyboard. Think vmu for the Dreamcast.

Based

People are buying chink brands
The ruse is over

I'm excited to see what happens, I suspect China may become a tech powerhouse.

>implying the average iPhone user knows what 5G is

Popin' corn!

I'd take a slide phone like the mi max 3 any day over that notch bullshit.
looking at the safe area (for app and web dev), the screen is even smaller on notch phones

I think the are inadvertently tapping into nostalgia with that design.

> cook wants some cock
also, flooding with crApple shitposting...

based

I read that as glock.

Attached: 1425148837912.png (193x200, 80K)

Stop it

People are finally getting tired of Apple. Now what will be the next computer fashion brand?

Attached: 1385624297433.png (645x773, 93K)

Lenovo.

Attached: 45345.jpg (205x246, 7K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190104-022018.png (1080x2160, 317K)

It is very simple, essentially people found out that iphones where throttling down performance in order to cope with old batteries, and apple decided to say they were like super sorry about it, and that you could replace the battery for like super cheap. Now, the thing is, a lot of people using old ass iphones like were like "wait, so I can replace this for a few bucks AND I don't have to buy a new phone anymore? I'm in." So, a bunch of people did not buy new shit after all because they did not fucking need it.
Apple could avoided this reaction and the bad PR with a simple "your battery is in poor shape" alert on screen, but they decided against it probably because they wanted you to trash that model and get a new one instead. Add some unreasonable pricing scheme to the mix, and you get poor sales.
I don't think this did a dent on apple, they have no debt and they are sitting on a mountain of cash, but it is good to see that they can't get away with anything like they did until now.

>"They did not buy another defective toy!"
what a load of bullshit, he just admitted to every single shareholder and customer that itoys are use-once/single-use/no-repair devices. enjoy your future, tim cuck

COPE

Sony is pretty neat.

I always wanted a Windows Phone that had an X86 processor and when you put in a dock you get full Windows 10. They had Continuum but it wasn't full Windows.

$60 on the SGS8 thru Samsung.

Yeah, a seamless experience would be kino. I can see that happening. 'smart house', where your tv, cell phone and computer are all connected.

I think tablets have already replaced PC or laptops for many people. Within my family me and my father are the only people who use a PC and he only does it for business reasons. My mother, my aunts and uncles and my cousins all primly use tablets as a replacement of PCs and smartphones for everything else.

Apple users don't care about numbers.
They care about feelings.

according to some articles, the smartphone is reaching "maturity" like the PC did a decade back

What does that even mean?

BASED
A
S
E
D

>current year
>Brand apologizers still exist

Attached: 1502316756428.jpg (445x549, 20K)

Cut them some slack, they get paid for doing this. It's dishonest but you gotta feed your family somehow in these hard times.

I'm sorry.

based

about 0.5% of normies would eve bother to replace a phone battery

why the fuck would you need 128gb of ram on crappy cpu with crappy cooling???

theyll fix it by making the next iphone screens more brittle and weaker, forcing consumers to buy newer iphones.

American culture in a nutshell, everything is tribalism, you're either on one side or the other.
Coke v Pepsi
Apple v PC
Intel v AMD
Sony v Nintendo
Politics

>american culture

>that's just human culture

Why not?

0$ on galaxy s5

Based

Based!

Attached: image_1.jpg (1280x720, 586K)

checked

Attached: 1502319501186.jpg (2106x2048, 237K)

Nice Satania dubs

Attached: 1546240881330.gif (245x186, 1.84M)

I have the Mi Mix 3 and the Mi Max 2.
Both amazing for their price and the MM3 seems to have a better camera setup than the Pixel 2 and about even with the pixel 3. Blows my mind how cheap Xiaomi are selling these.
Plus bitches (my boiz) get moist (erect) when I slide down to face unlock

Absolutely Based

>slide down to face unlock
Cringe

People are sticking with one machine since even the cheapest piece of shit is faster than your 2015 flagship and can do whatever you want, so you don't need to replace your hardware that often. And there's the fact they already wasted all relevant gimmicks like fingerprint scanner, front facing and good cameras, face scanning, pens, giant screens and assistants, so there's basically nothing new in the market other than foldable phones, which are a meme.

lol no

pretty fucking based if you ask me

>666
Debiru

based

b&r

>Satania
>666
Holy shit, wtf, is pic related too?

Attached: hell revealed.png (995x251, 92K)

>Also I can see a future where phones replace computers for average consumers. Like there will be a dock, that has a external display and keyboard. Think vmu for the Dreamcast.

samsung phones already do this.

Attached: phone to dock desktop.jpg (2000x1333, 276K)

>Can Samsung's Galaxy S8 save us from phone fatigue?
i don't know wtf phone fatigue is, but i'm pretty sure the samsung galaxy s8 is itself a phone, so probably not

Enjoy your 10% losses in stock applefags.

Attached: 1546610637168s.jpg (250x207, 6K)

Why did we allow the kikes to take it this far? Does android phones pull this shit too now?

yes
apple demonstrates how low a bar consumers are willing to put up with
when apple does something like make batteries non-removable, and people still buy them, it causes other companies to go "well why are /we/ bothering with making a removable battery? people will buy it anyway"

Librem 5 also intends to provide full desktop linux experience when connected to monitor.

what the fuck did he mean by this and why does it make me vomit violently

I love you

>blatantly admitting to planned obsolescence to sell the newest toy to dumbasses

what did he mean by this

My money is on Huwaei. They pushed pretty hard with marketing to gain the acceptance of the normie audience

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 502K)

Unironically Nokia
People still remember the brand as legendary

rip nokia
what even happened to them?
i haven't seen a nokia phone in a long time

lol, have you been living under a rock?

that has already happened user, and we didn't even need the dock

Im using apple products because i like the apple environment and nothing else. Im not an investor at apple therefore this wont do anything to the public so why the fuck should i care if they lost money for once

>COOK BLAMES BATTERY RENEWERS FOR POOR SALES OF $1800 PHONES
odd- everyone else blames him

>what even happened to them?
Microsoft Windows

i rather have. the smartphone market is stagnat and uninteresting now but why ?

Small point: it was also determined based on battery changes and OTAs that came from Apple, that they were gimping performance purposefully when battery threshold failed to meet a certain criteria. The fact that changing the battery to a working one suddenly made their phones blazing fast again made the market get woke.

The cat's out of the bag: Apple throttles the shit out of old devices to force users to upgrade. Even if they were to roll back the battery shit, people now KNOW their poor performance is on purpose and it's not because the new phone is somehow magically better. Therefore, the justification of paying 1k or more for a new phone is now a "it's a no from me dawg." from consumers to apple.

Cook worded the investor letter as if this a one time thing. It's not, this is a forever thing. If the next iPhone isn't ~8-850 price range for the flagship, they're going to see a repeat of this shit but worse. For the last decade or so, it's been an open secret that Apple engaged in planned obsolescence. But with the battery thing, they fucked up and that open secret became an explicit FACT--it was no longer a secret.

While it's true that they have no debt and have stupid amounts of cash in overseas tax havens, they can't really bring that back in without being taxed on it. Additionally, and most importantly, the competition has eclipsed them. The Android ecosystem continues to leapfrog itself. Samsung is competing with Hauwei and Xaomi in the east who are absolute giants in China respectively and are starting to stake up presence in the west.

The byproduct of that competition, are the phones WE get in the west that compete with Apple. Apple used to be the big fish in a pond, but in the last 10 years, we got a crazy fucking flood and the fish in said pond were moved to a big fucking lake. Apple's now just another large fish in the lake, and there's a ton of other large fish in said lake. Unless they can introduce something that's game changing, rip.

I want to go back

Iphone prices are too damn high!
...And Chinkshit is too damn good.

Normies will never buy a phone that sounds chinese. Change name to “Bob’s America Phone” and maybe.

Since the internet is basically over I went to ebay and got a Motorola Razr from 2007. Flippin off Apple and Samsung

Galaxy S8 and S8+ need the dock. S9/S9+ and Note9 have the controller integrated into the phone. You basically need a USB-C to HDMI adapter and you're fucking set. The connection is two way, it sends signal to the monitor (including sound) while taking power from the monitor to charge itself. Factor in Bluetooth 5.0, which can pair up to 3 devices and you basically have a desktop right there: mouse, keyboard, printer, and monitor--all tied to your phone.

The S10/Note10 will take this further with a better performing SoC and supposedly 12GB of LPDDR4, which should massively improve both phone and Dex performance. S11/Note11, S12/Note12 will keep iterating on this. I expect within the next 3 generations, Samsung can basically say "we'll sell you a unified computing platform (UCP) for 999.99, which is a phone and has roughly the same level of desktop performance as Apple's 1199.99 (apple.com/macbook-air/specs/) Macbook Air."

Apple will be completely BTFO, because they will refuse to cannibalize their Air & Phone sales; their arrogance guarantees this. Meanwhile, the average consumer will over time see their friends and family using their phones acting as fully functional laptops when they come over and wonder why their more expensive iPhone doesn't do that and why they have to carry two separate things. Unironically, Apple has become a one trick pony--and this pony has done the same trick so many times, the market has gotten bored.

They've saturated their own market and peaked with what they currently have. Innovate or die.

Can you even get one that runs on the current 3G systems and isn't Verizon-locked?

Last I knew, they ran on analog systems and most were Verizon and not unlockable.

US banning Huawei, other countries considering banning them as well for being a security risk. Canada arrested their CFO not long ago and extradited her to the states.

Sure. Let's not blame Nokia's incompetence to produce a proper touchscreen OS, but rather their last straw they pulled because Symbian phones with touch sucked utter balls and couldn't keep up with the competitors.

for a long time i assumed huawei was korean, the name doesn't really look chinese, but it does look asian

Huawei's bread and butter has long been telecommunications infrastructure equipment (transmitters, receivers, 3G/4G/5G+ technology etc) and it is this aspect of their business international governments are rightly cautious about. Allowing Huawei to near enough monopolise national mobile technology infrastructure is a gigantic security risk in of itself. Their consumer handhelds on the other hand are not a security priority - as all smart phones regardless of manufacture are massively insecure data slurping whores and any banning of them is simply protectionism.

I got Nokia 7 plus and it's a great phone for the money. Couldn't care less about branding stuff.

based and devilpilled

It's impressive how the Snowden scandal has resulted in everything Chinese getting demonized.

>attach phone to the monitor
>still limited to whatever garbage apps are available for Android

the US didn't like the attention so they pointed their finger at China

The S5 was the best shit ever. Water resistent AND removable back panel. I liked the dimple texture too, reminds me of Sapphire Nitro+ AMD RX cards.

If the sale of their phones get banned it's a moot point. Not to mention the brand damage even if they don't get banned.

apprently $16 usd on an off brand cheep battery
amazon.com/Skyvast-Replacement-SP3770E1H-GT-N5100-SGH-I467ZWAATT-x/dp/B01J36AS9Y/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1546627745&sr=8-13&keywords=note 8 battery

Attached: 1546452598053s.jpg (121x125, 2K)

If with hundreds of youtube videos on howto, you still haven't bought yourself a $10 set of tools and don't do it yourself, you voluntarily ask to be scammed at every single corner. In fact, if you pay for any hardware replacement instead of doing it yourself, you deserve everything that these companies do to you.