Automating customer facing roles

>automating customer facing roles

What's your opinion on this Jow Forums?

McDonald's™ have been slowly replacing staff with touchscreens but boomers hate them and they are a germ nightmare with swab tests revealing poo on every touchscreen.

Also, what will all the spotty teens do when they can no longer do these jobs?

Personally I welcome such a future because I fucking hate interacting with people.

Attached: 1494731432542.jpg (612x429, 49K)

McDonalds screens have been very successful as far as I know.
Seems inevitable really, those things must pay for themselves real quick..
I agree OP, its faster and I dont have to talk to people. Boomers are gonna need a manager to complain to though

This desu. Some supermarkets in my area have started using automated pay terminals alongside the traditional conveyer lines with clerks and it has greatly reduced the time you have to spend waiting.

I love it. I do the mobile ordering app instead of the screens.

I order from my own phone so I can touch my own germs instead before eating.

Also it just leaves more workers to prepare the food, overall the fast food places have been faster in my experience.

This reduces but doesn't eliminate CS, since you still need at least 1 employee to oversee the terminals (in Aus, Woolworths has a requirement of 1 staff per 8 terminals, although if more than 8 the other employee can also assist elsewhere temporarily)

Also in Aus this really hasn't reduced staff levels at Maccas since most orders were drive-thru any way.

>Also, what will all the spotty teens do when they can no longer do these jobs?
when we have made available a job for everyone, __________

Nothing wrong with automation. If germs are a problem they should just clean them more regularly

>Also, what will all the spotty teens do when they can no longer do these jobs?
they all pretty much fizzled out already since working min wage in fast food is a career now and most workers are in their late 20s

That was also a problem for supermarkets in Aus, Woolworths recently (last 3 months across the entire nation) changed all the self-service POS terminals to a new type with various improvements, but most importantly they have gorilla-glass screen now, so the terminals can be periodically (several times per day) wiped down with iso.

>tfw when the manager bot rolls out to sooth the raging boomer

Attached: 1530619907429.jpg (1619x1725, 474K)

I always touch the dispay with my knuckles

>not wearing disposable gloves outside

R-robert the singles policy is over right?

>they are a germ nightmare with swab tests revealing poo on every touchscreen.
Imagine being so gullible. There's poop particles fucking everywhere, the amount is negligible since bacteria can't thrive on such flat, inert surfaces. You don't see anyone doing swab tests on door knobs, stair rails, cash money, steering wheels, or any other surface you put your hands on. There's poop on all of those. That's why soap exists.

I hate them

Before:
>want to grab a cheeseburger while waiting for the bus
>count number of people in line before me, see if there are any lying there ready
>my turn, say "1 cheeseburger please" to cashier
>he grabs burger while I pay by card
>leave and get on bus

Now:
>want to grab a cheeseburger while waiting for the bus
>there's no way of telling if there are burgers ready and available, or how many people there are before me in line
>go to touch screen, need to click through a gorillean options and choose no on whether or not I want something extra or on the side
>get some number, have no idea how long I need to wait
>some nigger grabs my burger in front of me
>I miss the bus

I hated working that industry but it was a job that paid bills. Fell pretty bad for low tier wagecucks that will be out of an income because I used to be one and losing your job at the bottom is pretty shit. Also, teens don't work any more, they wait till the fail highschool to get a job then whine and complain about how unfair the system is that the can't sit on their ass 24 hours a day and jerk off for a living.

time to take your nap boomer

Thank God this shit is picking up steam, cashiers are mad annoying

it's not like we're losing anything of value

>McDonald's™ have been slowly replacing staff with touchscreens but boomers hate them and they are a germ nightmare with swab tests revealing poo on every touchscreen.
Why not just put something like disposable pens next the machines?

>some nigger grabs my burger in front of me
lmao, they really don't check the numbers?

Stab the nigger, say it was self defense.
No one steals my food °_°

Never go to McDonalds but I love them at Panera and CVS. Hopefully they all ditch paper receipts soon.

They're supposed to, but if it's crowded or it's the late shift (and manager is not present), they really don't give a fuck. I get a new burger (and sometimes an additional one) because they try to avoid refunds as much as possible, but it usually means that I have to wait even longer.

I don't visit McD very often, but it's happened 3 out of 5 times since they got the new touchscreen thing, and now I simply stopped going there because when it takes 20 minutes to get a burger it's not fucking fast food anymore.

>it takes 20 minutes to get a burger
you need to nigger up user. Get in there with 'I want cheesbugger and I WANT IT NOW' expression. practice a bit in mirror before leaving house

it's not just that cashiers are annoying. it's that their job is pointless. it's pretend work, there's just no need for it anymore. why would you pay one person to bag and scan groceries while another perfectly good person just stands there? it's just dumb.

some people say muh jobs. well that's fucking communism basically. pretend jobs so people can waste 1/3rd of their life doing fucking nothing and getting paid for it is just a cruel form of welfare.

i'd literally rather just give someone the money and tell them to stay home than have them work as cashiers. at least then they MIGHT do something with themselves given the time.

boomers hate everything and themselves and they're also fucking idiots. shit is on everything. swab fucking anything. it has germs.

I love the machines at my grocery store. I also love that they still have one or two cashiers so all the couponfags go to them instead of wasting everybody else's time.

The automatic touchscreen thing is supposed to be better for people with social anxiety, not force us to deal with uncomfortable situations. If McD can't create a system that works, they don't deserve me as a paying customer IMO. I'll just eat a sandwich at home or order a better burger from Foodora on my way home.

It depends how much stuff you're putting through the checkout. If you're like me and go shopping once a month then it's worthwhile to go to a somewhere with a conveyor belt and an attendant so you can re-pack your stuff faster
on the other hand, if you have a carton of milk and a bag of crisps then doing it yourself will be faster than waiting in line at a real checkout

Robert, I've been seeing you all over
get back to my house and fuck my wife NOW

The problem with automated checkout where I live is that I always end up having to wait for some retarded cashier to check my ID and approve the purchase of alcohol or tobacco anyway. Cashiers usually just take a quick glance at my 30 year old face.

it seems like most checkouts just go completely unused these days, i haven't seen more than maybe 3 checkouts running at once in any shop in ages
i guess there's just relatively few people who get so much at once that they can't go through self-service

Why use touchscreen when you can easily use a speech recognition? No germs and faster. Morons.

So cashiers become touchscreen cleaners, lol.

Also they made the stupidest, slowest interface possible. Why and how the fuck am I supposed to know that big Mac is in "beef“ submenu? I'm not their cook.

well what else did you think was in it? chicken?

>automating customer facing roles
It makes sense for some applications, but not all. A cashier also provides a handy source to ask details about a product that either is or will be in stock that a touchscreen terminal realistically can’t provide, which is a bit more important once you leave the world of “pick your standardized meal option” and into things like clothing sales.

Also, you need a location where your terminal can be used without being smashed to pieces unless if you’re going to hire security to babysit them constantly. If McDonald’s rolled out terminals in East St. Louis, I’d be shocked if they wouldn’t wind up needing to replace them every month.

It could be pork, or mutton, or mix of them, or some synthetic shit, I don't know.

Fast food is shit but if I'm going to have it I'd rather not have to interact with any miscreants and certainly would prefer them not to be in contact with anything I'm going to wind up consuming.

Attached: rlm.gif (300x200, 1.07M)

>he doesnt just use the mcdonalds app to order

Attached: 1517523983731.jpg (793x753, 107K)

Accents and different languages? That would never work in the UK.

>Why not just put something like disposable pens next the machines?
be like me user, carry a few disposable gloves around that you put on before touching stuff or shaking hands etc incase there is no paper nearby to open doors with and stuff

Attached: 5cbf54a6761d5695457bad2ab93bec82.png (786x765, 152K)

you guys wash your hands before eating at restaurants, right?

of course

Look up welfare capitalism. That's how you build a strong economy. This sort of shit we have now where companies pay their workers fuckall and treat them like they're expendable is what's dragging down the working class, and to boot these huge companies lobby for keeping illegals and letting third worlders in to undercut the natives.

Automation on this level is going to be disastrous, because it's going to happen too rapidly and it's going to replace workers faster than new jobs can become available. Any profits these companies see from this sort of automation will be short lived when the unemployment numbers just go up and up and up with no end in sight. Eventually people will decide that a dollar buys more rice and beans than it does nuggets and fries, and McDick's will be fucked, along with every other business.

Can't wait to heat my house with stacks of worthless money while I fend off Mad Max beaners with a sharp stick and my last handful of ammo.

Attached: Henry-Ford.jpg (620x380, 31K)

As a server myself though not at McDonald's I'm okay with it. I hate my job so I don't really care if I get replaced by a machine. Sure not having money will suck so I'll either have to find a better job or get some kinda government assistance when so many jobs are automated that unemployment is like 50%, nobody has money to spend, and the government is forced to unfuck the economy.

I could understand the germ thing though. I could totally see some kind that just fingerpainted with his own shit putting their grubby hands all over that screen, fucking gross.

Did you forget to take your meds again schizo?

There are better ways to harm yourself than eating junkfood.

Attached: i7ixznfaotc01.jpg (1242x1780, 205K)

most of the people I see at McDs (on both sides of the counter) wouldn't be able to cook rice and beans, let alone raid houses Mad Max style. Most of them won't be any threat at all if society collapses, they'll just die pretty much right off the bat.

He's not wrong, just a little alarmist.

They need robots. Not terminals.
Or voiced activated devices.

This is going to be the future but ultimately it's coming a long time before it's going to be perfect.

They're actually pretty successful since for the most part, you cannot customize your meal.
At a place with pre-made trash, they're awesome.
But it will be a long time before we see them in good, high class white tie places

>since for the most part, you cannot customize your meal.
Are you saying that the POSs don't allow it or that there isn't a lot of customization available at McDonald's? Because if it's the former they shouldn't be too successful and if it's the latter you're dead wrong, you cannot fathom the level of detail people will go into with their burgers even at McDonald's

Love how it proves the point instead of being anti-state propaganda.
>What's your opinion on this Jow Forums?
Every bug corporation McDonald included is showing what's wrong with people: they are moving further from being able to sustain their lives themselves.
I do not give a fuck about what big corporations do. My ultimate goal in the life is to make them obsolete.

Tests also reveal poo in the food and drinks, so full automation would be nice

all those ex-cashiers are useless and barely can get any job because our economy is moving to AIs and robots. If something can be done by a robot, then there's no reason a human should be doing it, the fact that human is a waste of resources. The worst case is taxing machines for pay universal paychecks to useless humans because they only watch movies and drink beer all day.

>human life is worthless
Wow you republicans are honestly fucking disgusting

you can infinitely customize your meal if you click the "edit" button on any of the product landing screens.
don't be retarded.

Thanks for clarifying.
>don't be retarded
Sorry for asking a question, you cunt

There's poo on every hand already.

>reddit spacing

not you, the idiot making unsupported claims

>Before
>Go to MacDonald's
>Have a single cashier taking care of your order
>See everything he does
>Mistakes in the order were very rare

>Now
>Go to Macdonald's
>Go to terminal
>Spend time needlessly looking into different menus
>"Would you like a menu size upgrade?"
>Press NO
>"Would you like any dessert?"
>Press NO
>Validate order
>Order is prepared by 4 different people
>1 mistake every 3 orders

I've experienced literally 0 issues with my order. There's no difference reviewing your order typed in by a human and reviewing an order you put in, only you don't have to deal with 55IQ retards trying to figure out how to work a computer.
The folks in the back see the order in the exact same way whether you type it in at a terminal or a cashier does it. It eliminates the middle man error factor and improves accuracy.
I cannot wait for every restaurant to convert. I love it at Panera where orders are more complicated than "medium number 4 no onions, dr pepper"

Need an app on the phone where you can preload your order. Then you walk in an tap your phone on a device to put your order in. I hate waiting for people to slowly navigate the kiosk menus.

got any proof he's republican?

They're shit, you can't pay using cash, therefore I won't use them.

protip

Attached: 81qNYHCrRIL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 183K)

Those are called paragraphs tard. Never call me a Redditor again

Attached: 1516039286978s.jpg (225x225, 5K)