>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>You are new and want our advice? Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Attached: Selection_081.png (1313x569, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4322
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
youtu.be/H66XwhzhdnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do i put cherry or gateron blues in my Gergo memeboard?

>Budget
Around $100
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Brown
>Layout
Qwerty
>Form factor
no numpad, prefer a more compact style (don't need large gaps inbetween keys)
>Backlight
would be nice
>Previous/current keyboards
Razer blackwidow Chroma (I hate it)

that coolermaster board everyone keeps recommending

question
my b button only works on one side, if that makes sense? a press coming from the left side doesn't have input while the right side's normal. is my switch broken or could there be something stuck?

Wanna buy this one with mx black. Am I making the right choice?

Attached: ducky one 2 mini.png (2000x616, 1.31M)

Why does the Planck rev6 suck with qmk? Basically bricked my board since I can't flash it even to default.

box navy, faggot

Use your god damn brain when flashing you retard

Post your work keyboards.

Attached: sculpt.jpg (4160x3120, 2.26M)

I do not like linear switches, although black is nicer than red. If you're looking for a 60%, I would offer that the Pok3r has better build quality with the aluminium case.

Gonna get blacked soon too. Need to know if I'm making a mistake

Attached: ps67.jpg (602x98, 9K)

black is really good

$40 more and you can get the Race 3. It's really compact and has nearly all the functionality of a TKL. Drevo (Ex)Calibur are two more good options for you.

Take off the cap and look at it, if there’s not gunk under the cap then the switch is mangled

>no link to previous thread
fuck you, gergofag

Attached: 12310003.jpg (5152x3435, 2.61M)

Your whole life is a mistake. Stop posting.

Sorry.

In other news packaging is taking forever but it's going. Tedious as fuck though

where'd you get this from user?

It's a programmable key tester with custom keycaps. Can be had for like $30 + caps iirc

Bought a tofu hhkb with hotswap pcb, box blacks and hako clears recently. Even though I usually prefer tactile over linear, the box blacks sound and feel so smooth, I chose to keep them in.
Not a mistake imho, better than most (non-vintage) cherry crap.

I tend to like the heavier keys, but having tried BOX navies, I think I would opt for jades instead.

Packaging is hell. Ran out of ATMegas and SMD buttons, so the rest will have to wait for JLC to finish shipping them.

In other news these guys are good to get going

Attached: image0.jpg (3264x2448, 1.44M)

Attached: Optimus_Maximus_keyboard.jpg (3648x2736, 1.84M)

cyka blyat

Novelkeys is currently out of QMX clips. Anyone bought from them vs. Uniqey that can comment on whether it's worth it to wait for restock or just order direct? Obv I'm in burgerland.

>$1600 turd.jpg

Are full size ISO kits rare?
Where should I be looking? I can't find any.

Holy shit. I'm never going back to a non-QMK keyboard.

give back your stolen version of catia, pablo!

Attached: 1500148654048.jpg (573x873, 58K)

Uniqey shipping to America is expensive.

Has anyone used Kailh Choc switches? Thinking of building a small keyboard for portable use, but there's hardly any info about keycaps for them.

Right? It changes the whole game!
>Whings mouse around screen with mousekeys

you LITERALLY can't say anything bad about this bad boy

Attached: 6gv2.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Does it run QMK?

You can get keycaps for them, but only if your favorite color is black, white or both.

looked to be about $15 when I checked earlier. The price difference is probably about $7 from Novelkeys, except I won't have to wait for restocking from Uniqey.

>red cherry switches

Attached: 1510987621345754.jpg (499x497, 82K)

Just bought a RED DRAGON K55 tenkeyless mechanical keyboard because I'm a poorfag, how did I do gamers?

>$250 worth of XDA canvas finally arrived
Now I just need a keyboard to put this on

finally got my Zilents v2 62g. Feels better than topre and sounds like *plop* *plop* *plop*, i.e. excellent.

Finally got a non razer gaymer keyboard after lurking, are silent red switches shit?

Attached: kb.png (1460x838, 390K)

they are mushy and depressing

yeah
also at that price point you should've gotten a leopold

What's the best option for a wireless keyboard with MX reds in the 60%, 75% or TKL form factor for someone in the US? I find a lot that are brands I haven't heard of, and don't want a piece of shit with weird compatibility issues or quality defects.

It can have backlighting or not, I don't care.

I would prefer MX silent reds, but I'm considering just adding o-rings or soldering them in myself.

LexonElec has a $40 60% keyboard that appears to meet my criteria, Anne Pro has another except it uses Gateron switches, and I have no experience with those. Anything else?

sorry m8, but you got ripped off hard.

Get the anne pro then. It's the honda civic of keyboards

not worried about the price, just wondering about the quality

KBP has horrible build quality. Their main selling point is that you can get their keyboards with every switch possible. A ducky, varmilo or leopold would be a better deal. The Ducky One 2 is actually cheaper and has better build quality and more features
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4322
If you don't like the RGB you can just turn it off

thanks user

I regret not going in for the group buy. I didn't realize I had v1 zilents in the switch tester I got and thought the tactility was underwhelming.

Current state of the couch.

We're getting there, slowly. Still a fuckload of orders to process

Attached: IMG_0639.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

Out of curiosity, how many have you actually sold so far? And how many partial/assembled ones?

Over 100 so far, about 2 kits to every partial, and two partials to a ready.

These guys are just kits because I need to wait for the chinks to finish sending me shit

>tfw typing on kailh box whites right now
why is it so comfy lads?

thats gunna be a lot of soldering

>I'm an adult!

I want the FC660C really bad I think but it's hard to justify $230 on a keyboard

Attached: 1544745639758.jpg (1200x1200, 187K)

because a clickbar is 100x better than a click jacket in terms of the crispness of the sound produced

I noticed I get 120WPM without even trying that hard and without touch typing correctly(only use like 6 fingers), on my old cherry mx brown I would get barely 100WPM on the best of days

hope you have a nice soldering setup so you can go through them semi fast

It takes me between 15-20 minutes per board. It's not too bad, I throw on some Star Trek and get my stencils handy

I need to wait on parts before I can ship anymore then these :(

when I had my low profile HAVIT with blues, I noticed something similar. going from tactile to clicky boosted my typing about 10 WPM, also. must be the additional sensory feedback enhancing when you can move to the next key.

I've been debating getting a Kinesis Advantage 2 but have just come across an Advantage new-old stock at a significant discount to the retail price in Ausfagland. Other than the shitty rubber function keys on the Advantage, is there any real difference? I believe you can also install a replacement controller in the Advantage to run QMK also which is appealing. Any recommendations?

Why the fuck the chinks only sell blue switches, do they really hate reds that much?

The 2 has better macro support, but if you plan on slapping a different controller in it for QMK anyway that doesn't really matter. I'd suggest looking into a dactyl (manuform) too, if only because it being split means you can adjust the halves however you want.

For the past 5yrs or so I've been using a Filco 87key w/browns. It is my first and only MK. Recently I ended up out of state on contract for work and I'm slowly losing my shit trying to convince myself that I'll reacclimate to rubber domes.
I need something properly quiet, by MK standards, for my workstation. Any suggestions?

The first Chinese e-sports teams used cherry MX blues and cherry made an exclusive line of gaming keyboards for the Chinese that only came in blues. As a result in china blues are for gaming.

Anything with Matias QC I guess.
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
I know matias now uses different switches since their old ones had problems. I haven't tried them, but people say they feel nothing like the older ones.

If you don't mind the zeal tax™, get v2 zilents. The tactility on them will make browns feel absolutely pathetic.

Thanks for the tips. I've got some material to research now. My knee-jerk reaction was Topre or silent reds, but Topre costs more than I'm inclined to spend for a cubicle peripheral, and I've used a kb w/silent reds and pretty much hated it.

I've read a bit more into the controller replacement and it doesn't seem all that easy (I wouldn't say I'm amazing with electronics) but the only reason I wanted to do it was the known issue with stuck modifier keys on the original Advantage.

There are so many tactile varieties made by the big manufacturers and you idiots go for browns and zeals like good little sheep. Does anyone even have an original preference anymore?

I had box royals with navy springs, but I prefer the memeios to be honest familia.

>Budget
~$200
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
Linear (been using reds)
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
Preferable, would like at least white LED
Shitty Logitech G610

I've been looking at the Ducky One 2 TKL or Massdrop CTRL

What’s a good retro mouse that goes well with pic related? I’m using a 21:9 5k monitor so it needs to have relatively high dpi

Attached: 0FA4009E-36A7-4F07-AB62-DEAEB7F3F1E4.jpg (790x790, 79K)

Attached: loudeners.jpg (2600x1733, 1.42M)

Anyone have experience of using MX Greens?

A trackball to match the sheer autism of those caps

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

Are you still here to justify your overpriced HHKB

actually that face gesture indicates disgust, but in a gentle way. Would you rather have that or the toilet plunger?

I have nearly every variety of hako and box switch (and naturally I've cross-modded them to make the various meme combinations) but pretty much all of them feel like a meme. Zealios actually feel like MX tactility but better

One of the zowie or steelseries mice in white, whichever has the specs you want.

>not ANSI
Omg, kek'd so hard.

Attached: .png (842x792, 82K)

>Zealios actually feel like MX tactility but better

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

How is what I said wrong in any way? They literally use the exact same tactility mechanism as MX browns and clears and blues etc., they just adjusted it to make the bump bigger and also made it smoother.
As opposed to, you know, the entirely different design of box or Matias switches.

Why use mach keyboard when laser?

Optical switches are considered mechanical as well

reminder that mechanical is an ill-defined and meaningless term in the context of keyboards

It has a pretty well accepted definition: they key up-and-down motion must be governed by a mechanism. Actuation matters less. Rubber domes are not a mechanism.
This yields the common classifications: rubber dome on membrane is unambiguously non-mechanical. Topre is ambiguously mechanical: it's got a rubber dome but also each key slides in its individual support as far as I'm aware, plus it has springs which could technically be considered mechanisms. Alps integrated rubber domes are mechanical: the mechanism happens to include a rubber dome, but the rubber dome isn't the entirety of the switch. Model M is mechanical: the key is still very much moved by a mechanism, the actuation is on membrane. Optical switches are equally mechanical: the fact that instead of a contact leaf they have an optical trigger doesn't change the surrounding mechanism.
Scissor switches are mechanical too, by this definition, which I think is entirely logical. You don't typically think of them when discussing mechs because they don't come in discrete switches and have a (deserved) stigma of being cheap and shitty and for laptops only. I guarantee you that if someone made discrete MX form factor switches with a scissor mechanism there'd be retards on r*ddit paying premium for them.

The only thing that separates a scissor switch from a regular rubber dome over membrane is that the rubber domes are so small each key needs a stabilizer (hence the scissor). Going by that the stabilized keys off a regular ass rubber dome would be "mechanical" but the non stabilized keys wouldn't.

youtu.be/H66XwhzhdnA

What’s autism about it?

Do you even use keyboards in the presence of other people or are you another one of them basement gamers

I use this keyboard in my office. I don’t play video games. It’s just a gray keycap set I don’t see the autism.

Non-gamer, office worker Ausfag here also and I don't see the autism.

Are these any good?

Attached: 61cQK1PJvFL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 20K)

MX 518 hero or the new Intellimouse PRO

This is my take on a "retro" setup.
Oldschool Steelseries QcK, old looking Varmilo keyboard and a DM1 FPS PRO that has the same shape as the old Steelseries Xai/Sensei.

Attached: WUwZKWc.jpg (3000x1688, 966K)

>Budget
100-300
>Location (continent at least)
Canada
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Blue
>Layout
QWERTY
>Form factor
Full-size
>Backlight
Eh... not necessary but nice.
Corsair K95, Razer Chroma v2
>more info
I’m a Linux/bsd programmer who does not like “gaming” branded products. I do not like keyboard with software, I just want to plug a keyboard in and for it to work. Ducky shine? Or maybe I could build my own keyboard? If so, can someone link me guides to where to find parts for mech keyboards