/hpg/ - Headphone General

Audiophile edition.
youtube.com/watch?v=cIuNZAQIoEE
>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub (embed)

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1546569996566.png (643x600, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7zuflj/whats_the_benefit_of_an_external_ampdac_for_the/
youtube.com/watch?v=bjTxEwlypA0
youtube.com/watch?v=m7ERMu825m4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

repent

Attached: beyer macht frei.jpg (1274x716, 53K)

hd600: shit
dt1990: shit
portapros: shit
stax: shit
magnetfi: shit
electrostats: shit
crushing beryllium drivers for the sweet release of death: summitfi

I bought a pair of JBL FREE X.
and I like them/

Attached: about time.jpg (613x106, 37K)

Got a pair of 880's to replace my AKG Q701's that's starting to fall apart. How hard did I fuck up?

Attached: 318.jpg (1000x1000, 77K)

I need the best headphones for the most intense ASMR tingles

Attached: 1535829703306.jpg (253x229, 12K)

see magnetfi is shit. electrostats are shit. BA is shit. everything is shit.

>sennheiser
56% neet weeb, latent homosexual tendences, fell for the BBC worship, listens exclusively to shrill idol garbage
>beyerdynamic
improverished slav who's also deaf from listening to hardbass for years, supports both hitler and putin on Jow Forums, has been playing heroes of might and magic for 20 years, listens exclusively to hardbass even though he can't hear anymore
>AKG
crossdressing sissy or transitioning mtf, never older than 25, consumate sodomite, listens exlusively to k-pop
>audio technica, philips, gaming headsets
underage dudebro gaymer, survives on soda and mommy's tendies, plays exclusively low IQ games such as lol and overwatch, listens to trance, nigger rap and linkin park
>stax
fallen from grace neet weeb who became a wagie, alcoholic and suicidal, doesn't even listen to anything and only takes his headphones out of the plastic bag to take pictures for /hpg/
>hifiman
low IQ gweilo who willingly gives money to slant eyed jews, fucked a shovelfaced chink just once, uneducated but pretentious, listens exclusively to classical and jazz to appear classy, doesn't even like those genres
>audeze, grado, fostex, shure
half dear boomer who only purchases overpriced stuff from "trusty old brands", hates comfort, listens exclusively to his single vinyl of some boomer rock
>beats, sony, bose
melanin enriched autist, meek and shy but secretly idolizes the alpha specimens of his race, loves whites but watches them being beaten on worldstarhiphop, loves anime (especially dragon ball), listens exclusively to avril lavigne and anime soundtracks
>superlux, takstar, other aliexpress trash
barely over the legal age and from a lower class family, tries his best but won't get anywhere and will always remain poor, listens to a variety of genres
>meze, kennerton, fischer audio, other obscure slav brands
female, quirky and really into steampunk, cares about aesthetics, wears corset every day, virgin, listens exclusively to baroque music
>focal
free from mortal coil

Attached: 1464492287481.jpg (900x1350, 326K)

Garbage OP.

>low IQ gweilo who willingly gives money to slant eyed jews, fucked a shovelfaced chink just once, uneducated but pretentious, listens exclusively to classical and jazz to appear classy, doesn't even like those genres
This describes the faggot english teacher gweilo perfectly, no wonder he wanted to buy hifiman.

Reminder DAC+amp is not necessary if you have a mid range motherboard

Yep just plug those planars right into your computer

AKG K1000, iBasso SR1 or Hifiman (Honorary) Aryan?

Attached: hd600.png (648x658, 322K)

Retarded.
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7zuflj/whats_the_benefit_of_an_external_ampdac_for_the/

Attached: 72j0lp4id3i01.jpg (2566x1414, 363K)

AKG K712 Pro worked absolutely fine with a 120€ Gigabyte MB despite AKGs reputation to have "picky" headphones. AmpDAC improved things of course but definitely isn't necessary in that price class of headphones.

>buy snapheisers
>headband snaps
>replace it
>snaps again
>use it for years constantly replacing the snapping headband “because it’s good”
>wire snaps

LCD2C is not hard to drive, same with SINE and PM-3. There are plenty of planars that are not hard to drive and plenty that are exceptionally hard to drive.

Happy new year, fellow adiophiles.
>Humans are most sensitive to (i.e. able to discern at lowest intensity) frequencies between 2,000 and 5,000 Hz. Individual hearing range varies according to the general condition of a human's ears and nervous system.
[YouTube] Audiophile Myths Part 1: MP3 VS FLAC, Cables, Sample Rates, Tube Amps, ETC. (embed)
[YouTube] EEVblog #29 - Audiophile Audiophoolery (embed)
>REMINDER AUDIOPHILE TECH IS PSEUDOSCIENTIFIC GARBAGE. ACTUAL DOUBLE-BLIND STUDIES HAVE PROVED THAT THERE IS NO DETECTABLE DIFFERENCE IN SOUND QUALITY FOR HIGH END EQUIPMENT. "WARM" SOUND IS ACTUALLY JUST DISTORTION. AUDIOPHILES WILL NEGATE ALL MENTIONS OF DOUBLE-BLIND STUDIES BECAUSE IT REMOVES THE POWER OF SUGGESTION AND DELEGITIMIZES THEIR JUSTIFICATIONS OF HAVING SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON LITERAL USELESS SHIT

Attached: 1546611730969.jpg (480x270, 31K)

(embed)
(embed)

Just look at that stone age driver, no wonder it can't resolve anything and just floods your ears with mud.
How the fuck did hair even get inside anyway? Amazing construction.
>"WARM" SOUND IS ACTUALLY JUST DISTORTION
Basically this.

youtube.com/watch?v=bjTxEwlypA0
youtube.com/watch?v=m7ERMu825m4

Attached: 1546554405036.jpg (800x600, 174K)

Fixed it, just for you.

Attached: 1546554342546.png (1280x960, 871K)

Attached: 1546554928011.png (3000x1600, 287K)

>earlet can't hear up to 20MHz
gigakek

Attached: 1543901132939.jpg (690x720, 77K)

Get your CRYSTALS AND PEBBLES ready, ladies, we're hearing shit that shouldn't be heard.

Attached: 1546555059548.jpg (1016x682, 174K)

This. Literally just steal earbuds from a tour bus and you have summit fi right there. No Stax, no Orpheus can match it.

why are you just reposting these from that thread yesterday

Where's the starter pack of loser milennials who can't afford shit and pretend their poverty-tier setup is the best?

Attached: 1546554997065.jpg (486x660, 91K)

Mind your cables.

Attached: 1546556561235.jpg (1638x921, 256K)

Attached: ca3.jpg (640x480, 44K)

>unplug cables
>destroy headphones
>burn down house
>kill self
>THD+N 0% flat
>literally hearing nothing that i shouldn't be hearing
schiit+beats may come close but this is objectively peakfi, someone tell sbaf

Attached: rocks.jpg (4656x2620, 3.1M)

>falling for audiophoolery
Literally no difference between listening to the radio through apple earpods and a HD800. Get a grip losers.

HD 600, Atom and Topping DX3.

*D50
False objectivists who don't understand human hearing but obsess over measurements will invariably buy that shit.

Friendly reminder to buy speakers if you want a good listening experience and have money.

Oh yeah sorry, DX3 is the "hi-fi" model to those gweilos.

>female, quirky and really into steampunk, cares about aesthetics, wears corset every day, virgin, listens exclusively to baroque music
How is this not the best thing in the world?

I replace the pads because they get nasty.

Pushing nails into your eardrums will sound like Stax if EQed right.

onkyo's missing from your list

>$1 savings on a set of 8

Attached: 1441810293885.gif (288x216, 1019K)

How loud do you anons listen to your headphones? How loud are you supposed to listen?
I put my HD650 to as loud as I ever do and its 66db. My room comes in at 24db.
Is this low? For some reason I thought 80db is how most people listen but that would be insanely loud.

DT880 or K712
I need to get this right

desu i would use those only for the looks if they werent that expensive

If you can get them under $1K and have a good amp, the K1000, if not, the SR1 with tye new perforated pads

49th for katzendynamic

Attached: giphy (3).gif (384x288, 1.17M)

So anons, I've just got into EQing, and I downloaded EqualizerAPO and Hesuvi for it. I set them up, tried the HD600 and DT880 250 Ohm Headphones dot com, and Innerfidelity presets. I think the DT880 with the HP dot com preset sound fucking immense. The HD600 preset didn't do much for me, and all i did was use an EQ in my music player to bump up bass slightly on them previously. Anyone have any thoughts?

Is there a full set of measurements for the effects of better amps?
Not that i believe kilobuck amps are better but just because FR remains the same it doesn't mean other audible properties don't change as well

DT880 is more neutral (on the didfuse field target curve)
K712 is not very neutral, it has a lot of detail and massive soundstage (a bit too large IMO) but is rather hard to drive, the atom should be enough for it though
Also, the elastic band on the k712 headband geta stretched after a couple months of use and become really uncomfortable

EQ is mostly about experimenting with what sound signature you enjoy, if you really want to get serious about it you could always purchase the project kameleon to try hardware based EQ

Where do I buy legitimate .flac files

Attached: 1479522720204.png (650x650, 13K)

You buy CDs and you rip them yourself if you'e not a tard.

>buy
>music
the first mistake

>Buy
Amazon or bandcamp if you like indie shit

Best way to rip vinyls?

You don’t because your setup will suck unless you know what you’re doing and you will hear more crackle pop than you will actual music.

You buy CDs then rip them yourself using Exact Audio Copy

hdtracks

>plebs asking “hurr where i buy music to fund the jewish music industry”
>meanwhile i’m downloading 24bit FLAC masters of Eric Dolphy’s avant-jazz masterpiece Out to Lunch from Orpheus.network to compare which one sounds the best
The absolute state of audiophools on /hpg/. Stick to your anime theme songs.

cringing rn

what could it be /hpg/

the way i did it was to connect the phono amp to my audio interface and record the incoming signal but if you are seriously gonna do it i suggest you buy a good turntable to minimize all the unwanted sounds such as the forementioned crackle and pops. Also stay the fuck away from the usb turntables

Attached: 20190104_171338.jpg (3264x1836, 1.05M)

It's alright, i'd say it's on par with K702.

Stax

t. literal philistine

not helping your case

not helping your pleb tier anime music collection lmao

cringing harder rn

Anime themes are fun but arent actual music
Imagine putting cartoon openings on the same level as Styx or Yes

>if i say cringe maybe i will not be a weeaboo plebeian
lmaoing@ur life

Where can i buy losseles files of anime theme songs?

yikes

hello numale

Attached: F89F96C1-FCFA-4ED8-A5E0-E0573ED795EA.jpg (1200x800, 120K)

it was actually beyerremorse

Attached: 20190104_171626.jpg (3264x1836, 1.4M)

big yikes

big numale

double cringe

double numale

CUTE!!!
Remember to get them a new cable

ok npc

ok numale

Quircky is a huge redflag, all women who started as "quircky" all ended up as mad feminists who pretends to be lesbian but also tries to catch any sperglord virgin they can. And excessive amounts of cats live in their home, smell of catahit and piss can be smelled in the stairwell leading to their apartments, inside you will find all walls scratched, sofas turned inside out with the pillows used to hide the stains of old catpuke and shit. When you put your dick into a quircky girl be aware of the fact that age already has named your kids and will stalk you on social media if you're stupid enough to give your info to this bat of shit and crazy, just because - lul I'm so random.

Basically, just get a pair of faggheisers and call it a day.

And please ignore the obvious autocorrect errors

whats the point in that dear satan

Attached: 1535535627867.jpg (629x643, 36K)

>phoneposting
>getting trips

Are you that guy that took that $300 DT1990 deal?
If so, nice

Make them cuter of course!
It has the added benefit of increasing plankton output by 17.54%

no but im the guy who took the 475 europoor deal on these

they are cute enough as they are

Attached: 20190104_171915.jpg (3264x1836, 1.22M)

ok incel

ok numale

Will you give review user? Will you be using an amp/dac too?

hdtracks
prostudiomasters
qobuz
acoustic sounds

There's literally nothing wrong with Brothers in Arms

Just a quick update if anyone cares. I ordered a DT880 Pro and a HD600 and I've been listening to each for about an hour with content that I'm familiar with. Both headphones are really nice, I like the DT880 Pro's coiled cable because it doesn't get in the way. The sound is neutral but it does emphasize the sibilant sounds in recordings, a problem I had with the DT770 as well, but the DT770 had too much bass, this is just right. The HD600 sounds like the DT880 without the added sibilant tones and is probably the one I'd give the edge to, I dislike the cable but that's a minor complaint, at least it's detachable. As for comfort, I think the DT880 might be more comfortable because they have softer pads, they both have about the same clamping force, so I'd give the edge to the DT880, it's not that the HD600 is uncomfortable, the DT880 is probably better in this regard. Then again I've only used both for an hour and I was already familiar with the DT770. For durability, I'd say a tie, the HD600 uses plastic so it feels more lightweight however it has a detachable cable, it doesn't feel cheap or anything like that. All in all, I prefer the HD600 by a hair for doing studio work. I hope this helps anyone deciding between these two.

Whats a good budget-fi DAC/Amp combo

topping d10 + srm-252s

Interesting review user. Are you plugging this straight into your onboard audio?