Jow Forums humor thread

github.com/tapooll/TextBasedMeme/tree/master/TextBasedMeme/src

Attached: printWithDelays.png (989x960, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/12569-autospurdo
github.com/janihanhe/TextBasedMeme
gearbest.com/batteries/pp_187046.html?vip=16498527&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_8v73LDV3wIVTeJ3Ch0cnQSlEAAYASAAEgIOpvD_BwE
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=307866
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1546544047114.jpg (624x1760, 107K)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11.jpg (999x277, 61K)

Attached: bloblems.jpg (614x461, 52K)

Attached: 1533156756384.jpg (2272x1704, 794K)

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/12569-autospurdo

Attached: 3157.jpg (610x1123, 169K)

>Showing 3,567 changed files with 1 addition and 304,321 deletions.
kek
node.js was a mistake though

lol

benis

>tfw ur computer finally about to show bob

A Plain Text Editor.
That's right, if you're writer on a budget, you don't need to spend any money buying expensive writing software or apps. Instead, you can use the text editor that comes free with your operating system.

Just open up Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on a Mac. I like plain text editors for writing something short quickly and easily, without thinking much about it. I wrote a blog post about the benefits of using plain text editors as writing software.

Literally how I program (though I use gedit, is that still plain enough?)

gedit comes with your operating system so yeah ur on the /plain/ list

Attached: 1525996345413.jpg (640x708, 139K)

I prefer a Plain Text Editor.
That's right, if you're writer on a budget, you don't need to spend any money buying expensive writing software or apps. Instead, you can use the text editor that comes free with your operating system.

Just open up Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on a Mac. I like plain text editors for writing something short quickly and easily, without thinking much about it. I wrote a blog post about the benefits of using plain text editors as writing software.

Attached: Capture.png (657x62, 12K)

I finally understand this /tv/ meme and feel like a retard now

Who here still reads this guy?

Attached: im_with_her.png (740x633, 44K)

Attached: itworksv2.jpg (2016x3301, 1.13M)

Good old Panasonic NCR18650B. Vaping some dude weed thanks to one right now.

yeah waiting for a new phone battery is a pain. I'll probably wind up making a new mount for the panasonic and using the old phone battery's plug and wiring through the pentalobe holes. strapping the battery to the case. would make for a retarded looking phone but it'll do for now. hell, I've got another ncr I can spare. wire them together and this rig would last forever on a full charge.

The thing I hate most about this image is how there are all these stick people just doing random mundane crap around the H. I don't know why but it triggers the absolute fuck out of me.

I dunno man, I wouldn't fuck around with those cells like that. One short and that thing will vent violently.

naw these are the protected cells. still risky yeah, but not so much.

Protected or not, so many retards have burned a hole in their leg putting them in their pants pocket with some coins or keys.

can't disagree with that user.

Attached: 0-4xUBpFbYtGWg0ZzbThGwdmvN5KTQ7n8PNt0S98Ug4.jpg (1024x690, 80K)

What would start something like this?

Attached: isodd.png (1191x755, 100K)

Attached: scrot_2019-01-04-17:47:34_1366x768.png (1366x768, 133K)

Memory failure.

is-even is better

Attached: lol.png (571x275, 10K)

Is that real

Just use pulseaudio. Sure it's a bit bloated but ALSA is trash.

pulseaudio is fucking shit.
who likes having to hear a high pitched squeal?
what about the shitty CPU drain that pavucontrol is?
how about the fact that it fucking breaks all the time worse than alsa?
I've never seen alsa break, but I've seen pulseaudio break enough to know it's complete shitware.

I don't know wtf squeal your talking about. I don't get any squeal whatsoever. Likewise I use an x220 and do need to any significant cpu drain from pavucontrol at all, literally none. Nor has my pulseaudio setup ever screwed up. I did have serious issues with ALSA though when it came to switching input/output devices, for example when I turn on my bluetooth headphones I want my computer to automatically connect to them and make them the default output, and when I'm docked I want my external mic to be default input. Getting this to work at all with ALSA was a PITA for me. It worked pretty much out of the box with pulseaudio.

javascript was a mistake

xkcd is just so gay

:3c

yo damn ass is woke as fuck

Seriously? You're just NOW getting it?

yeah, not my proudest moment

>Implying a protection circuit will stop it from venting

> Likewise I use a meme computer because some bearded fat slovenly idiot keeps ranting about his freedom to enslave computer users with shitware
PulseAudio is shitware.
>when I turn on my bluetooth headphones I want my computer to automatically connect to them and make them the default output
This is a bullshit claim that I've never seen happen with the dozen or so computers I've installed and used Linux on (different distros ranging from ubuntu to gentoo and inbetween).
>Getting this to work at all with ALSA was a PITA for me. It worked pretty much out of the box with pulseaudio.
Now I know why you fell for the memepad.
I bet your problem was that you didn't have the module for your sound device compiled or it didn't have it loaded.
That was it wasn't it.

I don't get it. I get the syntax, but not the reference.

Attached: s&f.jpg (3135x2029, 708K)

>This is a bullshit claim that I've never seen happen with the dozen or so computers I've installed and used Linux on
Maybe you just misunderstood what I meant, I was describing behaviour that I wanted, not a bug.

You can take 2 seconds and simply Google about the issues ALSA has with bluetooth. There is essentially zero support, meanwhile it works out of the box with pulseaudio.

>alsa
>advanced linux sound architecture
What of anything implies bluetooth to you in that?
I know it was a damn module that you didn't compile or load into the kernel.
I know that's it, that's why you are trying to beat around the bush.
pulseaudio is shitware.

>>Jow Forums

Faggot using a box mod detected. That battery can't even pull more than 4.8 amps. I use it for power banks tho

ncr18650b are not protected retard

Do you know what bluetooth audio devices are?

I too enjoy pottering shit like systemd

You didn't compile or load the module so you blame something else but your own incompetence.

Systemd is pretty cool. Timers are useful, no need for a cron.

a fork of that
github.com/janihanhe/TextBasedMeme

Not quite. I do use a boxmod for nicotine vaping though.

Attached: arizer-argo-size.jpg (500x500, 41K)

Well if user does it right, then he doesn't have to worry about venting. But if he continues to use that dubious wiring scheme, he'll find hinself in the emergency room with various burns in a heartbeat.

gearbest.com/batteries/pp_187046.html?vip=16498527&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_8v73LDV3wIVTeJ3Ch0cnQSlEAAYASAAEgIOpvD_BwE

ebin :DDDD

kek

Attached: fugging combuder.png (404x399, 9K)

PulseAudio sits ontop of ALSA you stupid mong, it's a proxy server.

>i've never seen ALSA break but I've seen pulseaudio break
PulseAudio sits ontop of ALSA, if it's breaking you haven't configured one or the other properly, or you have an issue with your specific hardware.
>pavucontrol
First, pavucontrol is a basic graphical mixer, it uses minimal resources, the fact you are attempting to say such a basic program is resource intensive shows you are lying through your teeth.
>i still don't want to use it
So don't use pavucontrol you fucking retard, use a lightweight mixer like ncpamixer from the terminal if you care so much about the INSANE resource requirements of a GUI mixer.
>it breaks all the time
More like you fucked something up or haven't configured it properly, I've been using PulseAudio for over six years in a realtime production environment with zero issues. I even have a bridge going ALSA -> Pulse -> JACK with zero issues.

At this point my guess is you have zero fucking knowledge about anything beyond the absolute basics when it comes to Linux audio stacks and have only followed online guides written by people with only marginally more knowledge than you have. In the future you should keep it to yourself and not talk about things you don't understand.

Actually PulseAudio haven't been sitting on top of alsa in a long while, it creates an emulated alsa interface for legacy programs.

No, it provides a virtual device for applications that use ALSA natively so it can route those signals through the server, it then uses ALSA directly to monitor and playback signals.

>In a typical installation scenario under Linux, the user configures ALSA to use a virtual device provided by PulseAudio. Thus, applications using ALSA will output sound to PulseAudio, which then uses ALSA itself to access the real sound card.

Pulse is a SOUND SERVER, not a SOUND ARCHITECTURE, it absolutely requires a sound system to send signals to your hardware like ALSA or OSS.

>defending shitware
Pulseaudio is shitware. Sucks to be you.

I do, I find most of his stuff funny or just interesting

>doesn't know what they're talking about
>gets told off by someone who does
>continues acting like a retard
Given the afore I'd say it sucks to be you; you're the kind of incompetent fuckwit who installs a distro just to seem "1337"

You didn't tell me off about anything.
user was a moron that doesn't know how to compile a module or load it into kernel so blames ALSA.
Get bent shitware tard.

>sound server
what's wrong with JACK?
Tahat's been around forever and doesn't break like pulseaudio.

>referencing the other person
>I was only referencing your own post with zero reference to him
Imagine being so mentally retarded and delusional you can't even follow a conversation properly.

Continue to eat your shitware.
Gobble it up.
I know you are hungry.

Nothing is wrong with JACK on a technical level, the main reason for Pulse is that not all applications natively support JACK, so having a proxy server like Pulse comes in handy because you can manage application audio without JACK support in a pleasing way. Because JACK and PA both can't take control of the same audio device, you need to bridge PA to JACK if you want to be able to send audio signals being handled by PA to your hardware.

As an example, I have mpd create a JACK interface and also output to Pulse so I can use the volume controls in ncmpcpp and listen to music locally at my own volume preference while also sending that audio unmixed at 0db over my network to other devices.

Pic related is an example setup.

And you can continue being a delusional degenerate who has no idea what they are talking about.

Attached: 2019-01-04-115309_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 305K)

PulseAudio runs with user permissions. It cannot autoload kernel modules for you. Also, there is no kernel module for Bluetooth support for ALSA. Bluetooth is mostly handled in userspace via BlueZ, which happens to have official support for Audio I/O using PulseAudio, but not for ALSA.
For the most part, PulseAudio is literally just a glorified remixing stream multiplexer that dumps all its shit into ALSA. You're acting like it's an entirely seperate thing that reimplements everything from device drivers up. Again, PulseAudio cannot load any modules by itself, relies mostly on ALSA being functional anyway and does not implement ANYTHING that could replace a missing kernel module.

>Also, there is no kernel module for Bluetooth support for ALSA
You know how I know pulseaudio is shitware? Because you believe that ALSA is supposed to handle bluetooth.
>Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
Where does Bluetooth fall in there?
You must've never compiled a kernel in your life if you think ALSA compiles with bluetooth modules.

Also, if your PulseAudio is "breaking", I'm not sure what to tell you, I've never, not even once, experienced an issue with using PulseAudio and I have way more advanced requirements than the regular user.

user literally said ALSA has no bluetooth modules, can you even fucking read? Your capacity for stupidity is honestly awe inspiring.

>You know how I know pulseaudio is shitware?
We can all tell it's certainly not because of any technical ability or understanding.

WOW! DUDE! Do you work for Poettering? Because, dude, you are smart!

No but you obviously work for Gates given how you act like a stupid pajeet who has no idea what they are talking about.

>No but you obviously work for Gates
OH SNAP!

I like how you conveniently ignore my main point. At least I do agree on your point that ALSA shouldn't handle Bluetooth, which PulseAudio also doesn't do, as explained in my previous post. Though you must also be severely retarded for being so nitpicky about Bluetooth having nothing to do with sound architecture. Previous user was merely stating how the software ecosystem around Bluetooth decided to use PA as the thing that gets to control the virtual sinks and sources created for an audio device connected via Bluetooth. They just decided to not support ALSA. Don't turn this statement around again, you yourself claimed kernel reconfiguration would fix user's problems. Obviously that's complete bullshit, which you are aware of, but when people call you out on it you do a backflip and pretend they started with the retarded statements.

>bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=307866
HOLY SHIT

Attached: 1538789335997.png (511x350, 203K)

>This is not resolved on quantum.
I'm dying

Attached: fug.png (200x239, 20K)

The bug is practically a high schooler today.