>laptop
>UPS connected to computer
Nothing personal kid

>shits on your 100 dollar power supply

Attached: brownout.jpg (625x390, 66K)

>2019
>browses Jow Forums
>does not have a UPS

what are the odds that the power goes out in the 300ms period while your bios flash is being written?

Attached: 1540315014133.jpg (800x600, 159K)

>2019
>browses Jow Forums
>does not have a DC-DC UPS

>need a 150$ battery to keep computer from getting destroyed by blackouts
holy shit, /v/ was right, PCs are fucking memes, im fucking crying holy shit ahhaahahhhaahahhhahhahahhahha

Non-zero, which is high enough to cause heatenings

>$150 motherboard bricked
>let's throw out my $2000 PC

this is Jow Forums - the absolute tech retard.

>/v/ was right, PCs are fucking memes
if the power goes out when your console is updating you're probably fucked too. also, fuck off back to
gaymur kiddie

nope, modern high end, even "gaming" PSUs have brownout protection, meaning they can run with very dirty power for an extended period, specially under low loads like a uEFI update

>used enterprise UPS are €30 with batteries that still last years because companies swap them so often

Actually yes
Everything went to be mobile now
>there was a thread about people using thier laptops as desktops
>Jow Forums mocking those people to bone
>this post
Fuck Jow Forums memes

>PCs are fucking memes
A console is quite literally a locked down PC, it had the exact same shortcomings.

>$150 motherboard bricked
>not buying a $3 SPI flasher and SOIC8 clip and re-flash the BIOS
shiggy diggy

>brown out
stop living in Africa, nigger
also

>dual bios
>ability to update a corrupt bios (or cpu-less motherboard) by just putting the bios file on USB and in a specific port, specified in the motherboard manual
>ups
get with the times, gramps

>2019
>not owning a UPS

Attached: 304.jpg (410x416, 87K)

>paying $2000 for a computer
lmao

I have at least 10 different tools I can use to rewrite a SPI chip. And a UPS.

Attached: 1528702501552.png (600x633, 292K)

nice quads

checked

Based satan tells it like it is

> Not having a UPS

What's the point in rewriting the UPS?

>A console is quite literally a locked down PC
Consoles do not really qualify for to be called a PC, they have x86 CPUs but are there own device class and thus are not software compatible with IBM PC compatible software which is what Windows is.

>buy mainboard for the first time in years
>bios update available
>advertised tool on their webpage that updates bios while booted in windows
>seems weird but try it out
>bricks bios
>board has a second bios on board via a switch
>switch to it
>update it the old way
>it just werks
fucking homosexuals and their faggot tools

This.
>Tfw bought a lifetime supply of APC Smart-UPS in bulk on a local sales site's company sale
>Literally 20 bucks a pop, some batteries have been replaced less than 6 months ago
Just keep your eyes open.

To make it uninterrupt harder

xbone literally runs windows 10

>dual bios
literally kino but why does gigabyte only have it

>Consoles do not really qualify for to be called a PC
Neither will be uEFI enabled PC's after 2020.

>Neither will be uEFI enabled PC's after 2020.
Nani?

But if the hardware is anything like PS4, what it should be since they are very identical, it does not really have the same legacy interfaces the PC hardware is configured for. Buses, ISA emulation, etc. But neither are PCs running pure uEFI environment.
I remember getting Linux to run on the PS4, at least boot without much hardware acceleration, was quite easy and without altering much of the kernel, after bypassing the lockdown.

Dropping CSM support in uEFI in 2020.

That's what you get for updating bios during a thunderstorm nigger

Attached: digustscale.png (500x484, 244K)

Serves you right for living in a 3rd world country

flash back the bios via USB stick

This is an electronics problem, not just PCs. Your iPhone can shit the bed the same way

Talking like your smart on the internet doesn't actually make you smarter. You have to know what you are talking about first kid.

>Living in a third world country

Is this an American thing? I haven’t had a power cut in longer than I can remember, 10+ years at least.

Xbox, Xbox 360,and Xbox one all run windows you retard.

brainlet here how do you do that

who let underage /v/cancer in here?

Power outages dont actually happen a lot in America unless you live on the coast (for obvious reasons)

I've never seen someone post shit so obviously fake. You're trying to buzzword yourself into some internet friends on Jow Forums but in reality youre a fucking idiot with no friends.

The bleach is under the cabinet.

>unless you live on the coast
Uh?
You've got hurricanes every month or something?

I was given an SMT-1000US because muh upgrades at a family member's work for free, just needed new batteries, and 75bux later I get guaranteed 45min of blackout usage at 200W load. it's a system saver and an excellent investment.

yes

Attached: 1470682743330.jpg (601x601, 65K)

This has nothing to do with a power outage during a bios update.

What would happen if you unplugged your leet 1337 hax0r ps4 during an update? It would be fucked. Shut the fuck up and go to bed.

why do poorfags hate themselves so much?

>What would happen if you unplugged your leet 1337 hax0r ps4 during an update? It would be fucked.
incorrect, ive unplugged my ps4 during an update, plugged it in and it just werkz

>he was only able to beg grandma for a ps4 this past year, his FIRST ps4 guys

>2019
>Not having Gigabyte DualBios

you literally have a backup bios chip with factory default version since uefi times or even earlier. Read the manual for the motherboard to learn how to load it (probably holding some buttons) and update again after that.

Is dual-bios that big of a deal?

is it really that good? how hard is it to use?

I know you're lying.

Did you just yank the cable "just to see what happens"? If so, you're a incredible dumbass.

holy shit did actual Jow Forums finally got here?

>i know youre lying
literally wrong
the button on the ps4 to turn it off takes too long, to i just unplug it
unplugged it because i was going out
worked and continued updating when i came back and plugged it in
unplugging during updates is a fucking meme

I don't get it, how is it possible you blow $2K on a gaymen PC but don't even buy a $50 UPS? Also even if this happened it only means your motherboard is kill.

No, it's a user that's not here to shit post. To iterate on what he said, it's usually a jumper you have to move, power on, power off, and then move back. It's usually the launch BIOS but it's one that works.

its not only for gigabyte, some motherboards automatically load bios from a specific usb port, others have a chip with a backup like gigabyte. Everyone has a way to avoid bricking the motherboard like this.

>he doesnt own a 200 dollar UPS equal or around his power supply wattage
cant believe you Jow Forums

It requires no brain whatsoever. It used to be so that you had to manually switch the bios using a switch on the hardware, but the modern version just flashes the backup bios to the main bios when it detects that the main bios is broken.

The backup bios generally has an old bios version and isn't updated automatically (I don't think you can without getting a flasher), but that doesn't matter. You can update the main bios without fear if you have it, after all.

This is by far the most autistic thing I have ever read on Jow Forums. I'm not even the original user.

That is a fucking software update. That's not even close to a firmware/BIOS update. BIOS is a 1 and done thing. Your system updates are on the HDD.

seething because you wasted money on a UPS
will keep unplugging my hardware while updating just to spite you

I've repaired several computers with fucked up BIOS.
There a plenty of ways to fix it. Back in the day I had to put the BIOS on a floppy or order a new BIOS chip from the manufacturer.
These days all it takes is resetting it with a jumper or key combination.

Is there really any reason to have a UPS if you have a gigabyte motherboard?

Attached: 1506905228968.png (720x546, 358K)

yes, extra protection from voltage spikes or drops in addition to your psu, and having a few minutes to save your work before shutdown. Any more /v/ questions?

>Is there really any reason to have a UPS if you have a gigabyte motherboard?

Losing power is still a big deal.
A UPS lets you save and close everything to a proper state or wait for the power to come back on

>Any more /v/ questions?
best RTS to play right now?

Forged Alliance

>power goes out
Sorry, I don't live in a 3rd world shithole.

TotalA or warlords battlecry 3 for the comfy.

Lightning strikes can kill your PSU and/or motherboard. Blackouts can cause data corruption.

I'm not talking about myself, watch the 33C3 stream. It explain it very well.
Otherwise, citate the misinformation.

t. shithole resident

It can happen anywhere. Storms take out transformers/power lines on a regular basis.

in my 28 waking years, the power has literally gone out once. you just live in a shithole

Attached: 1388103325429.jpg (400x566, 58K)

>imagine living in a country where "power goes out" is a common occurrence
The last time we had power outages was in WW2 and even those were planned in advance lmao.

It sucks to be you, not being able to fix that precious $2000 equipment of yours with just a $3 tool.

Attached: 80357393-f7fd-4250-a0ae-07a4783f58ea.jpg (600x600, 51K)

>tfw live in Colorado Springs
>get power outages every week
fucking really? fuck this shit state

Attached: 43fedwd.jpg (400x400, 27K)

We'll congrats on not being affected by the powerline/natural disaster cartel.

>need higher quality things to have better quality
Whoaaaaaa, dude you just blew my fuckin' mind bro, holy shit, I never thought that would be the case

>brown out
what third world shithole are you posting from?

America

this is a joke right?
the us doesnt actually have brown outs does it?

at least where i am we get them, luckily brownouts dont really fuck with your electronics like blackouts do, they really only are dangerous to motorized appliances

>begin updating bios
>pull power plug from wall
>nothing happens system still on because UPS

Should have spent some of that $2000 on a $99 UPS

*reflashes itself and comes back to life*

Attached: GA-990FXA-UD3 Wraith.jpg (1200x1600, 353K)

Attached: 1545961883987.png (498x809, 574K)

Thousand times this.
Jesus christ people are retarded.

>>bricks your 2000$ computer
Are all of your components f*cked or just the mobo?

just the mobo usually, although if its lightning that shit will fucking gg all your parts

were you using a surge protector? Should prevent your PC from getting involuntarily sodomized by power spikes

> reflashes itself and comes back to life
> am3+
I'd rather let it die.

AM3+ wasn't that bad desu, but based niggabyte still has self recovering intel boards.

Attached: $(KGrHqN,!mEFGw5!e6u4BR0uDuVuE!___32.jpg (1200x1600, 539K)