Is it possible risky to wire a new GPU with3 prong attachments into battery in weird ways?

Quick story-- I have a Titan V and relaxed it with a a newer GPU. The titan had a setup that was, I think, 3 and 9 inputs into the battery. The new RTX 2050ti had a..9 and 3 instead of 2 for the battery input, so I've been running weird combo of wires from my battery into the GPU. Any thoughts on whether is dangerous and potentially a risk to my battery, GPu, or possibly just shorting the entire fucking system?

Am I paranoid, or could have 2 prongs into my GPU and a third from a different battery outlet possible short out and ruin my entire fucking set-up? I have the new parts now, just worried of fucking anything up since, after years, finally have my idea setup including the ROG$800 motherboard I always wanted (which really is amazing and worth every penny).

Thoughts?

Attached: nvidia_rtx2080_13-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S65860886#p65863304
warosu.org/g/thread/S65888861#p65891504
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At first, when I set i up the computer refused to even recognize the new GPU given that it was wired with the 9-2 from battery, and then a 3rd from a different battery outlet where I'm using only one from a few plugs on that battery wire?

Or am I just being paranoid and it doesn't really matter? Any input greatly appreciated. Thank lads. PS- if you have a Titan V, my advice in NOT to replace its with the newer ones, as everything seemed to get worse. Granted, might be bc I got a shitter version of the new RX2051 since when I got it all the good ones had been sold, but even still the titan V just seemed superior in numerous ways.

>had a..9 and 3
wish...NINE AND TEO..which meant I had to get the third and put it in their a weird way, hanging off with other battery inputs exposed and only the ones I needed plugged in. Anyone else ever done this with success? Any advice appreciated...

Come on lads.... doe son one have a single fucking thought on this? I
m searching for info but can't find anything specifically related to this, and afraid of blowing out my new ROG $800 motherboard I think 2.6 years to save up for. In your opinion, is it risk to mix and match from battery outputs to GPU where the appropriate number would be two, ubt you add one from another battery outlet to make it 3?

What the fuck am I reading???

Attached: 1544758461698.png (800x480, 271K)

Forgot to take your meds, lad?

I think I get the gist of it.
OP wants to replace his GPU (a Titan V) with an RTX 2080Ti because he has more money than sense. He's concerned that his Titan has 2 8-pin plugs when his new GPU has 3.
He's asking if it's safe to power it from two different PSU's (what he calls the "battery").
OP, you must be retarded.

>OP, you must be retarded.
dude, what the fuck do you know? "more money than sense." Yes, it's called "having invested in Bitcoin when it was ~$50 " and then selling before the big cars in Dec 2017. I have 2 cards because I'm fucking around with thinks, as is my right. You still won't answer the question. Do you think I'm risking blowing outing out the new card or possibly entire system by not using the one with the proper amount of plugs?

And fror those of you with your bluushit, what does it fucking say about you that someone make me with only a few k bak when Btcoin first hit has made as much money as I have and hold right before it crashed while most f you motherfuckers sure think you know a lot, and yet i managed to utjew 99.99% of you cocksuckers and get rich on something none of you motherfuckers saw? Keep calling me shit names but won't answer fucking question-- do you think I'm at risk of shorting the entire fucking thing out by not using the designated number of plugs from one outlet and my Thernallake battery?

>rtx 20x0 owners are braindead
why am i not surprised

>blowing outing out the new card or possibly entire system by not using the one with the proper amount of plugs?
yes.

>safe to power it from two different PSU's (what he calls the "battery").
Really user? So "battery" is no longer accepted terminology? Despite the bacf that the fucking cabers are running direct from my fucking Thermallake BATTERY to my GPU? I really hate motherfuckers who missed out on the bitcoin boom or didn't sell off in time and have become bitter, pathetic motherfuckers.

>I'm using only one from a few plugs on that battery wire
the second power supply would not even be turned on if you only plug the auxiliary PCIE power plug into the GPU, it needs to be turned on from the motherboard trough the 24 pin plug.

>yes.
thank you, a straight answer then. I'm going to change the motherfucker before I ever run it again. By the way, for those of you who DID buy bitcoin low and sold it high before I turn it on again, the fucking ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme is the only thing I've bought in many years the actually lives up to the hype and is worth the insane price. Combine it with a decent processor and the fucking things FLYS and seems to just change your experience entirely.

Jow Forumsfags are so retarded

>the second power supply would not even be turned on if you only plug the auxiliary PCIE power plug into the GPU,
I just have it straight from battery into GPU dude and it seems to work. I suspected it was fucking a dumb thing to do, which is why i only did it a few times, but glad user gave me confirmation of my fucking stupidity do this week and I can get it sorted.

>Jow Forumsfags are so retarded
Yes, indeed. Then why do I have a feeling I made a bunch of shekels on the fucking bitcoin scam while you sat around your prick in your hand?

I made more direct deposit currency into my bank account with my job instead of your pretend money that keeps devaluing each day.

i wish i had a battery powered 2080
just buy a seasonic battery, they're the besterest

It's the same inept guy who always posts about his two-digit IQ troubles with his overpriced hardware! Best known for his infamous three (3) motherboard fuck-up.
warosu.org/g/thread/S65860886#p65863304
warosu.org/g/thread/S65888861#p65891504
How have you been, OP?

>I just have it straight from battery into GPU
possibly the gpu itself senses that the plug is filled but draws power from the main PSU. in which, consider changing it.
if Nvidia wants you to use 3 plugs, you probably need 3 plugs.

>your pretend money
and yet, guess what fuckface? Newegg still takes my "pretend money" and can buy pretty much anything I want.

did OP switch to Romanian autocorrect or did he just get absolutely shitfaced?

Attached: 1505054021630.png (327x338, 136K)

>if Nvidia wants you to use 3 plugs, you probably need 3 plugs.
not a Nvidia card, they were all sold out so I got a shittier, cheaper version from Newegg with my "pretend money" just to see what it could do. Can always put it on eBay and get most of money back....

and soon your pretend money will drop so low it won't be worth the transaction fee

>absolutely shitfaced?
Fri night, shitfaced. Was considering going shopping for a few new Rift games, but wanted to check before i risked my system without changing the plugs for the correct one.

>and soon your pretend money
yeah, so I've been hearing for 3 years now. Don't hate the player, hate the game. You missed out the best fucking invests since the tulip bubble in Holland 400 years ago. I got rich from it. And none of your bullshit bitterness can ever change that.

And none of that money will ever make you smart enough for LEGO. You'll waste it on the dumbest shit and remain dumb and poor forever.

>You'll waste it on the dumbest shit and remain dumb and poor forever.
Jealousy is a very ugly thing. And so are you in your XXLl with your acne, greasy face, and pock marks.

Attached: 1461898624581s.jpg (125x123, 4K)

Famous last words of every lottery winner.

>It's the same inept guy who always posts about his two-digit IQ troubles with his overpriced hardware!
How have I been? Not too bad, I've been fucking your mother. As for my "Two-Digit IQ," my LSAT score of 166 puts my IQ at 137. LSAT scores are (were, think they changed them) only standardized accepted for MENSA membership. And while I'd never take admission into such a bullshit org, I'd put my Iq against pretty much anyone who frequents this board. Don't need to believe me, check the LSAT to IQ IQ comparisons. My IQ puts me well above "gifted" and slight below "genius." As for ruined boards, I manage to use them as learning tools, mess with them and use to practice welding and learn a lot about hardware/software interface.

I spent my entire uni years studying Classics, and have a command of Latin and Greek from an Ivy league school that I'd again put up against anyone here. I made money from bitcoin that apparently almost no one here did. So, if you really think "double digit IQ" insults bother me, barking up wrong tree fuckface. I did fuck up three boards, but learned more from repairing them than anyone else could only dream about.

>every lottery winner.
Yeah, keep talking smartass. Diff being, I'm not a fat, disgusting piece of White trash who simply "got lucky." It was a very calculated INVESTMENT that paid off in the end, and I managed to make a lot of shekels simply by following Joe Kennedy's golden advice: "when the shoeshine boys begin giving you stock tips, its time to dump immediately." Once there were front page artists on rags like "The Daily Mail" about bitcoin, that was the sign to dump.

I genuinely don't understand the fucking bitterness from losers on here who missed out on the greatest investment opportunity for 400 years and then got out before the bubble burst.

if you have "SOO MUCH MONEY" from bitcoin then why not just buy a single appropriate power supply for your PC that has enough cables?

Prebuilts were invented for niggers like you.

Reminder: OP is the type of people who sell second hand mining GPUs.
This is why I don't advise buying used hardware from miners. You never know how the hardware was treated, what conditions they had to run in, and the general knowledge of the miner.

>n why not just buy a single appropriate power supply for your PC that has enough cables?
Are you mentally retarded?I HAVE a 1400 Thermalite battery and also have the cables. Just put together the setup and before opening it and fucking with all the electric, jut wanted to check that I really had to. And, yes, could buy a "prebuilt" from somewhere like...Puget or the other expensive as shit companies that cater to that sort of thing. I LIKE building my own shit. Im first to amit I'm not great at it since my education consisted of classics and then law, but I ENJOY tinkering with shit like this now that I have the money to be able to do so. Before I began messing with the system, just wanted confirmation that I indeed had to or risk or a fuckup and ruing what I built.

>OP is the type of people who sell second hand mining GPUs.
you really drip with talmudic envy, don't you? I don't "mine" because I've never had to do and never would. THAT is a true nigger preoccupation for people who aren't smart/ambitious enough to trade. If I ever did sell one of my cards on e-bay, none of them have ever been used for mining.

And the best and is that you are accusing ME of Niggery when you are too fucking stupid to make money in what was easier and most profitable investment for 400 years. amazing.

>Im first to amit I'm not great at it since my education consisted of classics and then law
You can't even speak English properly, and you want anons in the thread to believe this?

i spent about 15 seconds wondering why you were wiring your GPU into a UPS until i realized you were even more retarded than you appeared at first glance

absolutely based thread

user. I hate to break it to you, but I'm the user who told 4chin about btc.

Why exactly do you insist on calling a PSU a battery? Do you know the definition of a battery?

>I have a Titan V
No you don't. No one bought that overpriced trash.

>but I'm the user who told 4chin about btc.
Really? Because the entire world gets all their info solely from 4chins and not anywhere else.

>No you don't.

Attached: muh-setup copy 2222.jpg (4032x1960, 1.93M)

Yes i do you non BTC fool. Its the stuff you insert into the wall holes.

>Why exactly do you insist on calling a PSU a battery?
Because I really don't care about retarded semantics from people trying to sound "hip" by getting into retarded semantics trying to prove a point that they are somehow more "hip" since they use meaningless terminology when "battery" is perfectly reasonable term for the item in question.

I didn't come on here to "brag" about my shit, BTW, I came here to ask a a simple question and offer advice in other threads to those looking to take the seed money they have and turn it into enough money where they could buy all the different peripherals and games they want by channeling their gaming autism into actual investing for even 6 months-a year. And the best part of it is that now, you don't even need to leave your house or deal with people if you don't want to. you can substantially increase your "seed money" saved for whatever PC you were going to buy and never have to interact directly with another human being.

oi, edgy hymie. You totally have me BTFO.

>Really?
Yes. In fact I used to mine on a viao cpu, so it was a while back.
>Because the entire world gets all their info solely from 4chins and not anywhere else.
No, but you maybe started maybe around 2012 which was already pretty late to the party. I started before you could buy pizza, and cards with a few thousand bitcoins.

>Real edible pizza, and not "pizza".

OP here again. While i did not come here to "brag" about my Titan V, i will brag about my HUGE dragon dildo collection i have amassed from my BTC. I got all the XXXL ones which i firmly lodge into my anus and throat every waking moment.

Jelly now faggots?

It sounds like you're sitting on a huge pile of bitcoin you can't move.

My point is "battery" is simply the wrong term. It's like you're arguing about calling the sun a lightbulb because you prefer it that way.

>OP here again
Oi chaim, you really got everyone with that one. Imagine being so fucking pathetic, THIs is how you get your shits and giggles on a Fri night. Ever considered blowing your brains out?

>My point is "battery" is simply the wrong term.
Well, fucking sue me. I still like "Graphic Card" instead of "GPU" but I gave in on that one. On this one, I still prefer "Battery" simply because I do. And up until...~3 years ago, that was the accepted term. And BTW, the Titan V is really amazing once you fuck around with it enough to see what it can do. i didn't stop using it, just put it into another PC where it's easier to use it for shit other than games and you can use fuck around with the sheer power of the thing. Yes, for a "gaming card" it was way overpriced, but learning to use it for other endeavors is actually enjoyable. I'm sort of sorry now I spent my entire uni years in Classics and never took a single Comp Sci class, even though I could have taken them pass/fail and maybe learned a lot more. But it's nice that almost all the classes are on YT now so you can still go back and learn in spare time.

>battery was an accepted term until ~3 years ago
In what alternate reality? This has to be a region-specific thing. I have literally never heard anyone use that term before. I can see how the misconception between GPU and graphics card could become a normal thing, after all a graphics card contains a GPU. A power supply or PSU does not contain batteries, a capacitor is not a battery by the way.

well, congrats on your superior semantic knowledge. That and $2:30 (or did De Blassio raise it again?) will get you a metro card to ride the lex ave express from the bronx down to grand central station.

I seriously want to know where in the world the terminology you use is commonplace.

is this serious? is this thread meant to make me feel superior and bandwagon on the tard?

Ugh... upstate New York?

Has anyone with an RTX found the "raytracing" feature actually useful in any capacity? I've heard the only games where it may actually play a role is the BF 5 "we wuz kangs" editions. In reality, after i changed from the Titan V to the RTX in my primary PC, I seemed to noticed a slight decline in the graphics, but i haven't had time to really fuck around with it enough yet (and now tomm have to change the setup to a 9 and 3 pin insert so I don't fuck up entire thing).

IMO, you're probably better off going on eBay and looking for a cheaper version of a Titan V or the series before that whose names escapes me. In my (admittedly limited time) playing a few games with the RTX, they just seemed to get worse.

Strangely, far above changing the GPU i noticed a major difference after updating my motherboard and to a slightly faster CPU. I don't think there have been any major improvements in GPUs in at least 3-4 years, unless you are really autistics about FPS. Only games I still genuinely enjoy on Pc are Skyrim, Dark Souls, and Witcher 3 and I saw far more a graphics change from CPU and motherboard updates than from a change in GPU.

>where in the world the terminology you use is commonplace.
Well...the 4 books copyright from 2016 I used to teach myself how to install hardware. would you like the titles?

It's an Albany expression.

>I did fuck up three boards, but learned more from repairing them than anyone else could only dream about.

jesus fuckin christ

>Because I really don't care about retarded semantics from people trying to sound "hip" by getting into retarded semantics trying to prove a point that they are somehow more "hip" since they use meaningless terminology when "battery" is perfectly reasonable term for the item in question.

please stop im dying here

Attached: 1460931439617 (2018_01_05 17_15_56 UTC).gif (320x180, 2.25M)

Yes, please.

>upstate New York?
yeah mate, the makes total sense. Everyone graduates with a law degree from a t-10 LS and then goes to set up their lives in Albany or Syracuse, since those are the major hubs of Investment Banking Law.

let me look for titles...i have a few on my iPad, a few hard copies...
1. "parading and Repairing PCs" 22nd edition, by Scott Mueller

2. Hayne's "Building Gaming PCs"

those are the 2 I keep on my Pc shelf, the rest i'd have to get off my iPad.

Y-- You know th-- One thing I sh-- 'Scuse me for one second...

Get a new power supply. You've spent $$ on GFX, a little bit extra to feed them with a good power supply and you're set. Nil paranoia.

>please stop im dying here
Are you really "dying?" Since you're clearly such a social winner, here with the rest of us on a Fri night discussing PC's on an Albanian Worm Farming forum. Do you really think I give a flying fuck or feel the slightest tinge of shame? I managed to learn quite a bit about fixing hardware, recycling part of boards, using tools, and all sorts of shit from boards I fucked up.

Well, I'm from Utica and I've never heard someone call a PSU a battery

>a little bit extra to feed them with a good power supply and you're set. Nil paranoia.
what sort of "PSU" would you suggest user? From the research i did, Thermalite was supposedly the best available.

mfw

Attached: 8ED5BA74FE_preview.png (640x640, 461K)

don't take your point other than not answering the question and trying to be "cute." It's a completely earnest question. Quite open to suggestions from you or anyone else. what should I be using???

Learn English

I'm not sure what you need - googles will have the answer, or visit your local nerdo PC shop and ask them, then support them by buying there?

Attached: Capture.jpg (642x709, 77K)

These are the ones I found rated best for 2018. The "thermalke" I have has a "gold" rating and delivers 1200:

"Over 1000 Watts
Corsair AX1600i($300)
RoseWill Photon 1050W($95)
If you require a PSU with this kind of output, chances are that you have at least three high-end GPUs and or a seriously powerful dual-CPU system with a lot of devices. These PSUs also find use in advanced servers and cryptocurrency mining systems. That being said, the PSU is going to be powering a rather expensive system, the function of which is frequently very important.

Considering the above, the selection of a "value" PSU within this power band is a complex procedure, as the PSU has meet very high reliability standards. Thankfully, Rosewill's new Photon series combines a good set of characteristics, 80Plus Gold efficiency, and a very reasonable price tag. With its current retail price of $95, the Photon 1050W PSU is an excellent choice, as most of its power-equivalent competitors retail for 30-50% more."

[for whatever reason, prices on these seem to have crashed while RAM prices still keep going up]

Clearly batteries.

The first step would be to use the English language.

don't seem difference between these and the 1400 thermalake I have. Have always found Corsair to be shit for anything other than RAM.

syracuse here

I'm not actually from utica, it's a meme user

The answer is obviously dual
Super Flower SF-2000F14HP
2000 watt 80+ platinum batteries.

>use the English language.
Oh gee, oh beacon of wisdom, a vaunted pearl of wisdom in a sea of darkness! Thank you so much for correcting my use of the English language at 10:30 on a Friday night while i'm high after 4 days of 12 hour working days, where my job consists of mastering the English language among the most vicious of Jews in NYC in the investment banking sector. Thank you, kind sir. Thank you for pointing me to the light and showing me the ways of true learned men such as yourself on this Peruvian Goat Feces Identification Forum. At last, I truly see the light! Oh wise and genteel man, you have corrected my ignorant ways...

>after 4 days of 12 hour working days
I guess you didn't really have that much in bitcoin after all.

the absolute state of cryptards

Attached: 1528472659707.png (500x171, 56K)

damn I got meme'd on

>you didn't really have that much in bitcoin after all.
Of course. You try buying an apartment in NYC without having a real job. My investments are for my toys, work is to actually pay to live in this monstrosity of a city. The propensity of people on this board to tear down anyone with a modicum of success never ceases to amaze me. and it's not like I'm not telling people exactly how to do the same thing. I'm not even telling anyone to leave their room if they don't want to, you can do it all from your apartment/house/whatever with a few thousand dollars and true autism. Even after 5 years here, the fucking outright misery at anyone who has attained the least bit of financial success never ceases to amaze.

Still waiting for anyone to tell me which BATTERY I ought to be using either than the Thermalke I have been using. But of course, the next step from here will me mass reporting because the vast majority here will never accept that one can actually be fairly successful in acquiring shekels and still be here.

This is the worst thread I've seen in weeks, and there's been some doozies lately

Attached: 1503916572120.jpg (750x533, 62K)

>your local nerdo PC shop and ask them, then support them by buying there?
No such thing in NYC. The closest thing to what you describe in NYc is B&H camera, a shop owned by...a certain group of "Ethnics" who make no effort to disguise their utter contempt for anyone not of their particular faith. My ex was a professional photographer and used to have to there with her (mostly simply to pay the bill for her $6000 Leica camera purchases-- the irony of this particular group selling the most expensive German cameras in the world was not lost on me).

I could complain but that's the price one pays for a decent piece of ass in this city.

>This is the worst thread I've seen in weeks,
And yet, here you are, instead of making your own thread discussing your own dynamic views and offering everyone lucky enough to bas in your knowledge all your unique insights into carious topics on this subject, correct?

>work is to actually pay to live in this monstrosity of a city.
Fucking crypto-lets. Literally made a whole thread pretending that you invested in buttons, but turns out that you didn't have enough to even live off of.

>battery
?????

>I'ma rich idiot
Maybe you should pay for advice mr richfag. Just call Indian technical support

Guys I installed a battery on my cat but he no eat. What Lisp is best for programming a compiler script into my HTML bitcoin wallet?

>tfw OP is literally a markov chain

>Battery
>Psu
>All same
Just plug Titan v on some AAA 1.5v it's all the same shit

You can't distinguish battery from psu and somehow you managed to fix boards including resoldering shunts and capacitors

Use these.
If you use 2 you can even sli

Attached: images (34).jpg (554x554, 53K)

>tfw OP is literally a markov chain
This shouldn't have made me chuckle

Same, but its also 6am here and i cant sleep so my standards are warped